Black Team Challenge Week 5

Options
1234568»

Replies

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hi team

Sam - great job on the workouts. You must be getting some serious endorphine rushes..

Amanda - sorry you are not feeling well - my hats off to you for continuing to work out. not easy when you feel yucky.

Sara - we miss you - can't wait until you get a computer back...

All - going off to the gym to get some cardio and perhaps strength training. See how the wind blows today. Doing OK on the water, but not setting any records.. Getting at least my 64 - but hard to get half my weight - maybe I should weigh less - HEY, WHAT AN IDEA!! LOL

Have a great day all.. drink up... :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

janie
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days, Ive had very little time on the pc lately. Just been so busy around here:ohwell: But I just wanted to check in and let you guys know that Im still around, still participating in our challenges and doing very well (I think lol). Guess we'll see if the scale wants to be nice to me in the morning for all my hard work!:wink::happy: Talk to you later guys...have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Noni!! I was going to pm you yesterday-- worried about you. But, of course, didn't have the time to do it. Glad to see you--

I just had a lovely, long post written, but somehow I lost it-- so, I'm not inclined to chew my cabbage twice today-- :grumble:

I'm here, getting my focus back, bought the Slim-Fast, holding more water than the Pacific Ocean-- voiding barely a fraction of my water intake. Lovely, lovely time in a woman's life, this peri-menopausal state-- NOT. (sorry, Andrew-- :blushing: )

Need to run-- dammit-- had such a nice post composed-- grrrr.

Oh well-- thinking of you all, apologizing in advance for my feared gain of tomorrow-- tummy doesn't look good, and that's always my indicator of my weight. Feeling crappy, but getting my focus back so I can make my goal of 50 off my June 5. I lost the entire months of December and January, and now I'm really freaking-- flippin' plateau!!!

Later dudes--
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Well the positive first. I have taken this challenge and tweaked it to my needs. I already drink so much water I worry I will someday float away.

My challenge was to stop drinking coffee in the morning. It is wasted calories for the powdered junk creamer I am putting into my body.

I switched to 1 cup hot tea with 1% milk in the morning and reduced my Iced Tea intake to 2 glasses per day. Big change for me and quite a challenge, altho not like staying off the scale!

The good news is I can now have a cup of coffee for a treat, not as a MUST each morning, and for that Andrew I am forever greatful.

I cant say much for weighing in as I have not lost a pound. We shall see. At least I am healthy wealthy and wise....well 2 out of 3 aint bad!!

I hope everyone has a great day!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I did so good with this challenge till the weekend. Then we were at ball games and I just had to have my Diet Pepsi. I'm going to continue this one till I get a whole week with out my pop.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did so good with this challenge till the weekend. Then we were at ball games and I just had to have my Diet Pepsi. I'm going to continue this one till I get a whole week with out my pop.

When I started my healthier lifestyle journey I cut out pops altogether but recently I've been craving sweets so I grabbed a diet pepsi... I had NO idea diet anything could taste SOOO good.

:bigsmile:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Lovely, lovely time in a woman's life, this peri-menopausal state-- NOT. (sorry, Andrew-- :blushing: )

Yeah, same here. I THINK (maybe, possibly???) TOM is trying to sneak up on me but I'm not sure. Migraine & puffies say Yea but I never can tell for sure. (Again, sorry guys ... but heck, you have wives so you know all about this mess!) At any rate, my weight has gone up a couple of pounds this week.

I have definitely been getting my water in and then some, steering clear of any other caloric bevs other than 1% milk, and am back to exercising on schedule. Calories have not been so good ... I've been pretty consistently over by a little (once or twice by a lot) every day except for yesterday. But I'm still logging everything.

I've been in lurker mode for a week or so ... just kinda blah and not very chatty ... also super-duper busy. So I just wanted to check in and say howdy y'all, and I hope I don't mess up our weigh-in too much tomorrow!

:heart: Tresa
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Happy evening everyone. I am glad to see that everyone is doing well. Just got home from another night on the road and i leave tommorow for three more days. I have an amazing patient DW. Been a rough week. I am doing well on water but I was over calories for the first time since I started this journey and went over again today. With all the travel the company provides meals but not the best ones the last two days. Wasnt too far over, but wont be a power week for me. The month of Febuary is gonna be about survival mode. I am gone the next three days then I come home for four days then I am gone for another 13 days. (Including valentine's day) like I said an amazing patient and wonderful DW for putting up with this. I hope everyone has a great weight in tommorow! :drinker: :drinker:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Okay who is doing the next challenge? Can we see it tonight so we can start right away? Please oh please?
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Okay who is doing the next challenge? Can we see it tonight so we can start right away? Please oh please?

I believe that Samantha has called it . she says she's going kick our butts too(except mine...right sam:wink: ?...after all, I did answer your christmas story question:happy: :tongue: )
  • Marla64
    Options
    Happy evening everyone. I am glad to see that everyone is doing well. Just got home from another night on the road and i leave tommorow for three more days. I have an amazing patient DW. Been a rough week. I am doing well on water but I was over calories for the first time since I started this journey and went over again today. With all the travel the company provides meals but not the best ones the last two days. Wasnt too far over, but wont be a power week for me. The month of Febuary is gonna be about survival mode. I am gone the next three days then I come home for four days then I am gone for another 13 days. (Including valentine's day) like I said an amazing patient and wonderful DW for putting up with this. I hope everyone has a great weight in tommorow! :drinker: :drinker:

With our economic times the way they are, be thankful you have a job, no matter where it takes you--
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Hey all.

How's everyone?

I'm watching BL right now... good stuff.

I think I may have a problem with my thyroid. Every woman on my moms side of my family has one so I won't be surprised and they all got diagnosed at around my age so I think I'm going to go get it tested.

I've been incredibly tired lately, unusually irritable and my hair falls out in clumps. It might not help that I had TOM for almost 4 weeks, but I feel like since its such a highly genetic thing in my family that i should at least get it tested. I haven't worked out in a while because I've just felt so damn tired.

Tonight is the first night without Jim, (his new job has him working 7 pm to 7 am 4 nights a week) and I just feel kinda lonely and sad without him here. Don't get me wrong, I'm very, very glad he has job now, but it just kinda sucks.

I think I'm going to try to turn in early tonight and get alot of sleep, maybe i'll feel better tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great night!

:heart:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    new challenge is us!!! Don't hate me!:blushing:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, my hubby just switched back to nights. He works 11 to 7 so he is leaving right as I head off to bed, makes for a lonely night, but if thats what it takes to have him working I suppose it is worth it!

I hit Spin class again today. Planning on going tomorrow at lunch. Hoping for a nice scale at the gym tomorrow too!!

Good luck to everyone with your weighins tomorrow!!
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Regarding work, my job and another person's job has been combined, he is staying and I am leaving. I'm going to be transferring to another store much further away. Yay me.

:frown:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Regarding work, my job and another person's job has been combined, he is staying and I am leaving. I'm going to be transferring to another store much further away. Yay me.

:frown:
    That stinks but at least they kept ya right?
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options

With our economic times the way they are, be thankful you have a job, no matter where it takes you--

Love my job and I am very thankful. :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Seriously gang-- our economy, our country-- heck it all scares and ticks the bejesus outta me. DH did our taxes last night, and we learned how hard we got slammed because I'm a 1099 "self-employed" employee with my company, instead of a W-2 employee. 2/3 of our child tax credit-- gone. DH with 24 years of mortgage experience and there's not a company out there that's paying enough to raise any sized family, let alone one our size-- I really am beginning to hate our country.

Anyway-- off my soapbox-- rah rah, go black team. :ohwell:

Fingers crossed to have stayed at least even-- not holding my breath.

See y'all tomorrow--