What is a particular "health" food that you can't stand?

Options

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Lima beans. But love butter beans. Which makes me hate lima beans all the more, because they are lying about being tasty.

Butter beans are lima beans.
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mangos. :unamused:
  • DaddyDunk91
    DaddyDunk91 Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Avocado - tried once, twice... Never again
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    nevadavis1 wrote: »
    Stevia.

To my taste that stuff is bitter and has a funky aftertaste.

Quinoa: I've been told there are good types and yucky types but what I've tried has had a bitter aftertaste I can't get past.

You have to soak it until no bubbles remain if you want it bitter free. Every time I have made it, there is no bitterness whatsoever. It's quite delicious!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    lol, i love quinoa, and nearly everything else that has been on the most-hated list.
  • sadiratark
    sadiratark Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    To me, mushrooms of ANY kind are nearly the grossest food on the planet.
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ALSO egg whites. Like are you kidding me? that's the worst part of the egg!

Sorry... it's the only part I like. The yolk just isn't my thing...
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I second the Quest bars (I don't get what the fuss is about), Kombucha (if I wanted that taste left in my throat, I'd just vomit), and Vega One protein powder.

I also can't stand tomatoes. I've never liked them. I've tried them a couple times over the years just to see, but nope, they still make me gag.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Yes! I've never liked egg yolks. I'll eat whole eggs scrambled or fried (yolk broken), but anything where the yolk is separate is yucky to me.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hopping on the kale-hate train. I tried to make kale chips once and they were literally the worst.

And definitely kombucha. I bought some hoping it would help relieve some gastro issues, but the taste is so god-awful. Like carbonated vinegar, blech.

I like guacamole but I can't stand avocado on it's own.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Yes! I've never liked egg yolks. I'll eat whole eggs scrambled or fried (yolk broken), but anything where the yolk is separate is yucky to me.

Opposite for me! My parents would make my soft-boiled eggs and I'd only eat the yolks. I hate egg white!
  • brookeproulx927
    brookeproulx927 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm gonna say it. I hate Shakeology. I will probably be sent to MFP prison for saying it but it is true. I don't care how healthy it is. It is gross. Way to sweet. I tried so many times to love it and my gag reflex was like ahhh, no thanks.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm gonna say it. I hate Shakeology. I will probably be sent to MFP prison for saying it but it is true. I don't care how healthy it is. It is gross. Way to sweet. I tried so many times to love it and my gag reflex was like ahhh, no thanks.

Trust me, you're as far away from MFP prison as it gets.
  • josephsjourney17
    josephsjourney17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I cant stand TOFU> EWWW
  • GoobertozTakoz
    GoobertozTakoz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vegan products trying to replace dairy or meat are disgusting. I can handle tofu when it's in soup. I've tried so many things that are "cheese" or "yogurt" and they are all gross. I'd rather eat the real thing and deal with the consequences. I also can't stand pineapple. Oh and cooked apples. I just can't eat them cooked they have to be raw. I'm with everyone about Kombucha.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Oh honey, you've got the wrong idea. No prison bars for you. Snakeoilogy is the worst.
  • SuperSlayer81
    SuperSlayer81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Avo-bloody-cado! The whole texture is just wrong!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

I was never a yolk kid either! Hard boiled eggs when I was younger? The yolks were a necessary evil to me. It's probably why I have no problem at all eating just egg whites these days for my deficit. It just doesn't feel like a big loss to not eat a whole egg.

• princessmichee
    princessmichee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil, kombucha, the fiber one cereal that looks like little twigs, zucchini noodles, and turkey bacon..