What's the dumbest thing you've ever heard someone say?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    It's a highly technical thing, but it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I had to share it.

I work in the semiconductor design business. I am a layout designer. The circuit designer creates the circuit, I create the physical drawing of the circuit. The circuit communicates to the rest of the world by wires which connect to the chip at special structures called 'bond pads', which are large targets for wires to hit. After the circuit designer does his work and after the layout designer does his work, the fab does its work and eventually the product engineer gets the task of supporting all the activities of mass producing the chip in its package with all its bond wires connected to all its bond pads. One day the product engineer called me to ask, "Is there a bond pad on this chip you don't really need me to connect?"

I performed marvelously in not laughing out loud. Instead, I said, "I'm just the layout designer, you need to ask that question to the circuit designer".

I waited a minute and then went to visit the circuit designer. We had a big laugh together.

Semiconductor Design Comedy is the Best.

Did you hear the one about the 80 KEV High Voltage Stack?

@Motorsheen You mean like http://www.iessemiconductorparts.com/products/80-kev-high-voltage-stack/228/ ?

I laughed so hard that I had milk dripping from my nose.

.... which is really weird, because I don't drink milk.
  • BlondeandBlue28
    BlondeandBlue28 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    "I like the Dallas Cowboys"
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    "I like the Dallas Cowboys"

2da0x20.jpg
  • Mika1221
    Mika1221 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I work in a call center environment, I couldn't pick out the absolute dumbest thing if I wanted to because a majority of it is ridiculousness that spews from the mouths of the customers
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard them "say" it but "they" keep asking:
    Where is EVERYONE from?"

Drives me nuts.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    I'm eating a Whopper at BK and someone asks me where did you get that from?....
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Something about equality, contraceptives and taking turns taking the pill, she takes it one month and he takes it the next. Alternating.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Not a specific "said", but this apparent belief that Beyonce is the first woman to have ever conceived...??? I just don't get the attitude that a Christ child/children is being born! ???
  • _thisnameischosen_
    _thisnameischosen_ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My ex once told me that I shouldn't wash apples before eating them because I, "would wash all of the goodness out of them"..
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    LucasLean wrote: »
    I love you

Anyway, my family is terrible with geography, like most Americans I realized. They didn't know what Indonesia is or where it is located. One of them didn't know where New Zealand is located.

Covfefe

I noticed that. So often I'd be asked oh New Zealand that's part of Australia right? Ummmm, sure.
  • Jorgie1987
    Jorgie1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work at a label printing (stickers!) plant. We ONLY sell within the print industry. I once spoke to a woman who wanted a quote on a 2x4 circle label. :|
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Jorgie1987 wrote: »
    I work at a label printing (stickers!) plant. We ONLY sell within the print industry. I once spoke to a woman who wanted a quote on a 2x4 circle label. :|

Did she want it to be 4" thick? Haha
  • Jorgie1987
    Jorgie1987 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »
    Jorgie1987 wrote: »

Did she want it to be 4" thick? Haha

LoL it took some real finesse too verify that what she really wanted was an oval making her request seem super dumb