2 Minute Microwave Mug Bread

Options

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Bump.

Made this in a bowl last night so I could use it to make an egg sandwich. Super easy and very tasty
  • PandaFlight
    Options
    Will try this for sure!
    My boys are allergic to eggs so in most of my baking I use "flax eggs" - a 1:3 ratio of flax and water, simmered to an egg-like consistency. Would probably go good with all the flax already in it.

Can I ask how replacing the egg turned out? I might make it tomorrow if I know it goes well.
  • nala1965
    nala1965 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This sounds wonderful...thanks for the recipe...my kind of cooking, I'll be shopping for ground flaxseed tomorrow!
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Will have to try. Thanks for the recipe.
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    saving to try later
  • PandaFlight
    Options
    I just made it for lunch, it's quite nice. I replaced the eggs, didn't add sweetner and added a few raisins. I think it needs the sweetner, I had to have it with jam as I needed something to help hide the taste of flax. But it's a much better recipe for GF bread than I've ever seen before.
  • temptress75519
    temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I used 1 tbsp of apple sauce instead of oil and OH MY GOODNESS. That was the most delightful thing I have eaten dieting or not. THANK YOU FOR POSTING OH SO MUCH! That was not only yummy (I also spritzed parkay on it) but it was sooooo filling! MMMMMMMMM. It satisfied my bread craving perfectly!
  • nienie21
    nienie21 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this tonight! Sounds amazing and such simple ingredients :) THANKS!
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    oh wow, i need to try this!!!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good, thanks for sharing!
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Here's another good tip. Since measuring takes up most of the time, I prepare 5-6 zip bags with all the dry ingredients mixed up and keep them in the fridge so all I have to do is to dump it in a cup or bowl and add the wet ingredients.
    That's what I do, too. I mix them up over the weekend and take them to work with me and make these in the microwave at work. I keep margarine and eggs in the fridge there, too.

My one tip is to wash the mug out immediately, or at least set it to soak. The mixture dries like cement.
  • serendipityrr
    serendipityrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Arietmis
    Arietmis Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! Bread is my weakness. I look forward to trying this!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • wendibartel
    Options
    This looks delish. Only one question where do I find the ground flax seed? I have only ever seen whole flax seeds in my grocery store?
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I'm going to have to try it. Thanks!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    This looks delish. Only one question where do I find the ground flax seed? I have only ever seen whole flax seeds in my grocery store?
    Costco sells it cold milled, which means you don't have to store it in the fridge. I've also purchased it at Trader Joe's.
  • CandyR1018
    CandyR1018 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump