Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've been craving Oreos and cold milk this week. I need to make this happen soon. I'll have to buy a small pack of Oreos, though, and not a big package. That would get dangerous.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @estherdragonbat Your food sounds amazing! Also shout out to you one time for cooking meatballs for your omnivorous spouse. It's not always easy to find harmony if some household members are on different diets
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    Look what I found... Eight ounces of milk and 4 Oreo Thins. Totally do-able!

Nice!! I have an ice cream craving but keto friendly ice cream is something that basically has to be homemade :(
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    @estherdragonbat Your food sounds amazing! Also shout out to you one time for cooking meatballs for your omnivorous spouse. It's not always easy to find harmony if some household members are on different diets

We worked it out. I went veg for health reasons; I'm not ethically opposed to meat. So, he looks in a cookbook and tells me what he wants me to make, I veto if it looks insanely complicated, but otherwise I make it.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I hear you. I was on 1710 when I started. 63 lbs later (just over halfway to goal) I'm down to 1380. I work out now, just so I have more to play with.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    Confession: I've been eating mostly nutritious foods lately. I'm low key judging myself for it, but it's much harder to be super fat on 1400 calories a day (+ exercise calories) vs. my old 1600 calories a day (+ exercise).

RIP to those 200 calories I had 40 lbs ago. You are sincerely missed.

Me too..... And actually logging it lol
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    everher wrote: »
    Confession: I've been eating mostly nutritious foods lately. I'm low key judging myself for it, but it's much harder to be super fat on 1400 calories a day (+ exercise calories) vs. my old 1600 calories a day (+ exercise).

RIP to those 200 calories I had 40 lbs ago. You are sincerely missed.

I've lost about 200 as well... If you're eating a candy bar you have no idea what 200 calories is, but if you lose 200 calories from your diet it's like "Cool, I've lost half a day of food." LOL
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I've been craving Oreos and cold milk this week. I need to make this happen soon. I'll have to buy a small pack of Oreos, though, and not a big package. That would get dangerous.

I bought pop rock oreos (Firework Oreos). I love them and they are super fun. I bought them mainly to see if I would eat the inside because I really only like the outside... I eat the inside of maybe 1 out of every 3. I guess it's sort of a win. I have just decided I can give my daughter the cream filling and eat the cookie since she only likes the filling. lol. Win-Win situation. Also, I do love Oreo mint thins... I am just afraid I would eat them all or worse yet I would try to ration them and someone else would eat them all!
  • happyheart15
    happyheart15 Posts: 383 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I feel safe to talk about my love for sweet tea in this thread. I fit it into my diet and still lose weight. And with real sugar, because I can't stand sugar substitutes. Also, the first few pages make me want to go to Buffalo Wild Wings (never been before) and get some wings, and definitely a bottle of that Southwestern dressing.
  • crystaltiffany2013
    crystaltiffany2013 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I eat what I want as long as I meet my calorie intake everyday and I'm still losing weight.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    I feel safe to talk about my love for sweet tea in this thread. I fit it into my diet and still lose weight. And with real sugar, because I can't stand sugar substitutes. Also, the first few pages make me want to go to Buffalo Wild Wings (never been before) and get some wings, and definitely a bottle of that Southwestern dressing.

Okay I have to ask, what is a great sweet tea? The ones I have tried only ever taste like sugar water but then people keep saying how amazing it is... I feel like I must be missing something and I keep wanting to try mystical "real" sweet tea!

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Okay I have to ask, what is a great sweet tea? The ones I have tried only ever taste like sugar water but then people keep saying how amazing it is... I feel like I must be missing something and I keep wanting to try mystical "real" sweet tea!

Can't help you. I don't understand the sweet tea thing, either.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

Its a US Southern thing.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options

Its a US Southern thing.

Do I not understand it becuase I'm not from the south? Damn these west coast grown taste buds! *shakes fist*
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

Its a US Southern thing.

Do I not understand it becuase I'm not from the south? Damn these west coast grown taste buds! *shakes fist*

Hahaha I'm a New Yaaaawker and I don't get a lot of regional things, so I suppose it's something you grow up with.

For me though... sweet Kool-Aid > sweet tea.
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Daaaanggg! Makin' me want some Sweet Tea now :cry: :love:
    Just had a huugee piece of mozzarella...whew.
    I don't feel judged :smile:
    I thinkkk I'm gonnaaa like it hereeee!!
  • ActionAnnieJXN
    ActionAnnieJXN Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Just wanted to jump in and say, yeah I eat plenty of fruits and veggies and whole grains, but the other half of my diet would make a clean eater cry organic, unprocessed tears of tragic sadness. :)

This is me too! I eat 5-7 fruits and veggies a day for the health benefits because I am a cancer survivor...but once I meet that quota, the rest is wide open! Trust me, life is way too short to completely give up the things you love. That's why I eat a full pint of Halo Top ice cream several times a week. Okay, many times a week. Ha! Oh, and btw, I've lost 90 lbs. so far eating dirty. :-)

On the tea thing, I'd rather save my cals for cake and sweeten my tea with Splenda personally...and I'm from Mississippi so I know sweet tea, haha! So don't feel like you are missing out if you don't have the sweet tea tooth. :-)