Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I tried Red Velvet and another winner. I currently have 15 pints of different flavors in my freezer next to the 5 pints of Talenti I'm giving the kids.

I wish I had the money and the freezer space to buy 15 pints at a jump. I normally buy about 3 or 4 at a time but they last me a few weeks. I normally eat a half a serving and it takes care of my ice cream craving. What I do it take it out of the freezer and let it soften a bit. I weigh out how much I want in a little tupperware bowl then I put it back in the freezer while I eat dinner.
    By that time it has hardened back up and when I go to watch tv before bed I give it a few minutes and I eat it while I am relaxing in bed.

They are cheap around my neighborhood, around 3 bucks a pint. Folks around here arent into the foo-foo health stuff. Also I'm not really a sweet tooth person so they just kind of hang out until I get that craving. I plan on experimenting with a milkshake with them and protein powder.

my friend andy swears by this.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    So, in the last three days, I've eaten three pints of Halo Top. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup - pretty good - I liked the peanut butter swirl, but the chocolate ice cream part was just ok. Salted Caramel - again pretty good - a bit of a fake taste to the caramel swirl. Chocolate chip cookie dough - probably my favorite of the three - I really like the ice cream, great flavor. The cookie dough chunks were tiny, but still tasty.

I still haven't decided if I'll stick with HT or just go back to regular ice cream. I can get a lot more regular ice cream for the price, although the protein in HT is a bonus.

Try birthday cake, and lemon cake if you love lemon. They're my faves ❤️
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I tried Smores HT last week. Ok, but not great. Still like Mint Chip and PB cup the most.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    I tried Smores HT last week. Ok, but not great. Still like Mint Chip and PB cup the most.

My local store doesn't carry Smores flavor :disappointed: I'm half tempted to try mint chip again. It can't POSSIBLY all be as bad as the first pint I had or sane people like you wouldn't love it :wink:
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

My local store doesn't carry Smores flavor :disappointed: I'm half tempted to try mint chip again. It can't POSSIBLY all be as bad as the first pint I had or sane people like you wouldn't love it :wink:

Sane could be a little extreme...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I eat food off of the ground. Does that count?

Also, quicksylver, hello from Idaho. How you doing? I never meet Idaho folks on here, except for USCMCPPCPTHCNSV. But she quit talking to me because I'm an idiot. Anyway, where do you get Jamaican food around here?

I'm concerned, if @usmcmp won't speak to you... :p

No clue. Haven't found any. But wasn't looking very hard, either. Saw a food truck downtown once that I meant to try, but I haven't seen it again.

If I remember correctly it had something to do with @JustinAnimal not losing weight due to all the alcohol he was drinking. I couldn't convince him that was part of the problem.

Ah alcohol - the cause of...and solution to all of life's problems...

There's CSAR with the scripture! Thank you, Homer Simpson.

I have to mention that I LOVE...LOVE that you refer to The Simpsons as scripture.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Made homemade mini peanutbutter cups over the weekend with Lilly's dark chocolate and Trader Joes crunchy flax seed PB. They're flipping awesome. If anyone doesn't know Lilly's makes their chocolate with erithrytol. It tastes perfectly delicious and melts like normal. One bag is hefty; $7 at my Whole Foods, but if you neeeeeed that fix and have to avoid 'normal' sugar for some reason I heartily reccomend them.
    Italian sausages and cheesy cauliflower rice for dinner, and room in the macros for a pb cup for dessert
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    So, in the last three days, I've eaten three pints of Halo Top. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup - pretty good - I liked the peanut butter swirl, but the chocolate ice cream part was just ok. Salted Caramel - again pretty good - a bit of a fake taste to the caramel swirl. Chocolate chip cookie dough - probably my favorite of the three - I really like the ice cream, great flavor. The cookie dough chunks were tiny, but still tasty.

I still haven't decided if I'll stick with HT or just go back to regular ice cream. I can get a lot more regular ice cream for the price, although the protein in HT is a bonus.

Try birthday cake, and lemon cake if you love lemon. They're my faves ❤️

I am not a birthday cake flavor fan, but I will try lemon if I find it. I currently have Cookies and Cream waiting for me in my freezer.
  • quiksylver296
    Today I took my son out to eat because my significant other plays competitive volleyball on Thursdays (and he's the cook, soooo....). I had boneless buffalo wings with blue cheese, cedar lemon chicken breast topped with apples and cranberries over quinoa, and then I split a molten lava cake sundae with my son (we split the app, too).

I ate back all of my exercise calories from today and I'm not sorry. But I didn't go over. I have 2 hours of Tabata and HIIT at 7 am tomorrow...so I totally deserved today.

Applebee's, wasn't it? I love that chicken, it's sooo good!
  • quiksylver296
    Today is my wedding anniversary. I am planning on eating over my calories today and I'm not feeling at all guilty about it.

As you should! Happy anniversary.
  • quiksylver296
    Made homemade mini peanutbutter cups over the weekend with Lilly's dark chocolate and Trader Joes crunchy flax seed PB. They're flipping awesome. If anyone doesn't know Lilly's makes their chocolate with erithrytol. It tastes perfectly delicious and melts like normal. One bag is hefty; $7 at my Whole Foods, but if you neeeeeed that fix and have to avoid 'normal' sugar for some reason I heartily reccomend them.
    Italian sausages and cheesy cauliflower rice for dinner, and room in the macros for a pb cup for dessert

You're so motivated. I would never take the time to make homemade PB cups. I'm envious.
  • Illy_Mooncat

You're so motivated. I would never take the time to make homemade PB cups. I'm envious.

It's not hard at all! I made another batch last week and the hard part is just the freezing between steps :D
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Where is everyone? With this heat wave we've been having I hope y'all haven't died from heat stroke! :D
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Here! Just cooking!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Here! Just cooking!

Whatcha makin'? :*
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    All done now. Note: a lot of these are minimal prep, come together in one pot or throw stuff in the food processor. It sounds like more than it actually is...

For my omnivorous husband: sweet and sour meatballs
    For vegetarian me: peanut-coconut curried chickpeas with vegetables
    For both of us (and any company we may have...)

Lebanese green bean salad
    Veggie pate
    Hummus
    Radish slaw
    Cracker kishke (basically a cracker and vegetable stuffing that is baked in loaves instead of put in a bird)
    Korean pickled daikon with carrot and chili pepper
    Oranges with marmalade and brandy

Still to do:

Soak beans for slow cooker stew
    Slice cucumbers and salt them to make salad tomorrow
    Boil rice
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Been MIA been off my diet lol back to work!