Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't know if my tastebuds are broken, but all the Halo Top flavours I've tried so far (Mint Chip, Cookie Dough, PB, Salted Caramel, Birthday Cake, Chocolate...) taste just like regular icecream to me. I really like them!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I don't know if my tastebuds are broken, but all the Halo Top flavours I've tried so far (Mint Chip, Cookie Dough, PB, Salted Caramel, Birthday Cake, Chocolate...) taste just like regular icecream to me. I really like them!

Your tastebuds are broken. :wink: Honestly, for me it's more of a texture thing than a flavor thing. I need my ice cream to be deliciously creamy.
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Try Enlightened if you guys see it! Its even better. I like Halo Top but I LOVE Enlightened!

I keep looking for it but my local store only stocks the bars :disappointed: Maybe I'll give them a try!

Yep, here too (which makes sense, because we're in the same state, right?). I did buy some Enlightened bars the other day - PB chocolate chip or something like that. They're okay. I'm not all that impressed. Texture is a little iffy for me and the flavor was just okay not great.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options

Me too. Oh well win/win in my book. *shrug*
  • Chef_Barbell
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Try Enlightened if you guys see it! Its even better. I like Halo Top but I LOVE Enlightened!

These are slightly higher calories than Halo Top.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »

Your tastebuds are broken. :wink: Honestly, for me it's more of a texture thing than a flavor thing. I need my ice cream to be deliciously creamy.

I keep looking for it but my local store only stocks the bars :disappointed: Maybe I'll give them a try!

Yep, here too (which makes sense, because we're in the same state, right?). I did by some Enlightened bars the other day - PB chocolate chip or something like that. They're okay. I'm not all that impressed. Texture is a little iffy for me and the flavor was just okay not great.

I think we're in neighboring states, but have most of the same stuff available! :grin:
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Omg the convo is on Halo Top. Dyiinnggg.

I LOVE Halo Top. Love love love. Although like a lot of you said the mint chip is my least fave. Too minty. Birthday cake and lemon cake are my all-star favorites.

I think a lot of people struggle with HT becuase to get that perfect gooey ice cream texture you MUST let it sit out. It freezes solid and is kind of gross if you aren't patient. I usually eat mine from the outside in; as in, scrape up the outside as it melts and work my way to the center of the pint, not eat it from top to bottom like a normal pint. If you can just hang in there and let it melt a bit it's just as creamy as regular!

End: Halo Top Tutorial. Lol.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    LOL @ Halo Top tutorial!!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

They're not all more actually. They vary, just like Halo Top. The lowest calorie ones are 60calories per serving (240 per pint) and are chocolate, vanilla, toasted almond, snickerdoodle, pina colada and coffee :smile: https://www.eatenlightened.com/collections/ice-cream-pints?page=1 Chocolate halo top is actually higher calorie (280 per pint vs 240 not a big dif but still). The calories go from 240-400 per pint, I believe.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

They're not all more actually. They vary, just like Halo Top. The lowest calorie ones are 60calories per serving (240 per pint) and are chocolate, vanilla, toasted almond, snickerdoodle, pina colada and coffee :smile: https://www.eatenlightened.com/collections/ice-cream-pints?page=1 Chocolate halo top is actually higher calorie (280 per pint vs 240 not a big dif but still). The calories go from 240-400 per pint, I believe.

I only see the triple chocolate something flavor around here. I will have to try this. For science.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »

Yep, here too (which makes sense, because we're in the same state, right?). I did buy some Enlightened bars the other day - PB chocolate chip or something like that. They're okay. I'm not all that impressed. Texture is a little iffy for me and the flavor was just okay not great.

I love the texture of Englightened! Not so much Halo Top but I like it sometimes. lol. It can be hit or miss.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I made a cheeseburger casserole, kinda, for dinner. Keto is working out pretty well tbh
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Maple baked beans and rice for dinner. But I had a chocolate coconut truffle earlier...
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Seriously, who has time to get in the weeds with tracking every single nutritional value. I work, I go to school and I have a family. I stay within my calories and try to keep an eye on sodium. There are even a couple of days every month where I will go over and I'm fine with that because this is life.
  • Fitfromfat17
    Fitfromfat17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I listen to my body and eat what I want, as long as it's within my calories. If it's not then I'll hop on the treadmill to give me a few more calories haha. My diary is open Daily if anyone would like to be friends :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    So, in the last three days, I've eaten three pints of Halo Top. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup - pretty good - I liked the peanut butter swirl, but the chocolate ice cream part was just ok. Salted Caramel - again pretty good - a bit of a fake taste to the caramel swirl. Chocolate chip cookie dough - probably my favorite of the three - I really like the ice cream, great flavor. The cookie dough chunks were tiny, but still tasty.

I still haven't decided if I'll stick with HT or just go back to regular ice cream. I can get a lot more regular ice cream for the price, although the protein in HT is a bonus.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    I tried Red Velvet and another winner. I currently have 15 pints of different flavors in my freezer next to the 5 pints of Talenti I'm giving the kids.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I tried Red Velvet and another winner. I currently have 15 pints of different flavors in my freezer next to the 5 pints of Talenti I'm giving the kids.

I wish I had the money and the freezer space to buy 15 pints at a jump. I normally buy about 3 or 4 at a time but they last me a few weeks. I normally eat a half a serving and it takes care of my ice cream craving. What I do it take it out of the freezer and let it soften a bit. I weigh out how much I want in a little tupperware bowl then I put it back in the freezer while I eat dinner.
    By that time it has hardened back up and when I go to watch tv before bed I give it a few minutes and I eat it while I am relaxing in bed.
  • LucasLean
    LucasLean Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've discovered the Blue Bunny brand.

I also went to the San Antonio Riverwalk with my family. Ate a lot of ice cream, oreo flavor, from Rocky Mountain chocolate factory. For being in San Antonio, the mexican food that I ate wasn't good. I grew up in San Antonio but never really went to the Riverwalk. Mexican foods my favorite. I eat it often.

Guenther House had the best breakfast food I've ever ate though. I googled what I ate and this was what I got expect I got scrambled eggs. The biscuits were amazing but Guenther's flour mill started around 1850 so I guess they had a lot of time to perfect their flour and biscuits. hah

big-breakfast-in-a-lovely.jpg

No ragrets.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »

I wish I had the money and the freezer space to buy 15 pints at a jump. I normally buy about 3 or 4 at a time but they last me a few weeks. I normally eat a half a serving and it takes care of my ice cream craving. What I do it take it out of the freezer and let it soften a bit. I weigh out how much I want in a little tupperware bowl then I put it back in the freezer while I eat dinner.
    By that time it has hardened back up and when I go to watch tv before bed I give it a few minutes and I eat it while I am relaxing in bed.

They are cheap around my neighborhood, around 3 bucks a pint. Folks around here arent into the foo-foo health stuff. Also I'm not really a sweet tooth person so they just kind of hang out until I get that craving. I plan on experimenting with a milkshake with them and protein powder.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,244 Member
    Options
    I can't stand either Halo Top or Enlightened because they taste... fake... to me. Taste and texture are just not there. Give me the real stuff please!

Right now I am trying to make my meal plan for the next two weeks. I do not restrict what I eat except for calories and things I can't eat due to medical reasons.