Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Everything is improved by Frank's red hot sauce, except maybe ice cream, but I wouldn't count it out right away... lol.
    Seriously... I really do put that s--- on everything (or nearly enough, anyways)!

Y'all need to try this... I got hooked on it when we went to Belize. So good! I order it off Amazon now in the 3 pack.

fykd1p2dyx9w.jpg
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It does sound weird! But somehow very delicious. I get weird random cravings. That's how I ended up with cottage cheese - I was craving it. I'm also craving canned tuna or a fish fillet....but I don't eat meat. Odd. Anyway. Your mix sounds great too. :smiley:

Yeah, that's weird... I don't eat meat, and I never crave it... in fact, my wife is under strict orders to only cook bacon when I'm gonna be away for a while, because the smell of it makes me nauseous :open_mouth:
  • rakowskidp
    Options
    Y'all need to try this... I got hooked on it when we went to Belize. So good! I order it off Amazon now in the 3 pack.

I can see an Amazon order in the near future :yum:
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You people and your hot stuff! :tongue:
  • rakowskidp
    Options
    I want some freaking cottage cheese now! Plain, with pineapple, in lasagna, on avocado toast... It all sounds delicious! I <3 cottage cheese.

I love pineapple, but I'm mildly allergic (it makes my lips and tongue numb)... but now I want some pineapple. :neutral:
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I want some freaking cottage cheese now! Plain, with pineapple, in lasagna, on avocado toast... It all sounds delicious! I <3 cottage cheese.

I love pineapple, but I'm mildly allergic (it makes my lips and tongue numb)... but now I want some pineapple. :neutral:

I get like that from pineapple -sometimes- but also from banana, berries of some types, and tons of other fruits including sometimes avocado/guacamole which I LOVE and eat a lot. haha. But bananas is a worse reaction for me than the rest...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    So, because I eat clean we can't be friends because you think I am judging you? Nuts! Wait, can't we just make a no judgement rule on our friendship and live happily ever after? =)

You must be new here.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

I get like that from pineapple -sometimes- but also from banana, berries of some types, and tons of other fruits including sometimes avocado/guacamole which I LOVE and eat a lot. haha. But bananas is a worse reaction for me than the rest...

Gotta love oral allergy syndrome... I get an itchy, tingly mouth from pineapple, tomato and banana (and possibly other things that I don't eat often enough to notice or only eat cooked). Doesn't stop me eating them though.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »

Gotta love oral allergy syndrome... I get an itchy, tingly mouth from pineapple, tomato and banana (and possibly other things that I don't eat often enough to notice or only eat cooked). Doesn't stop me eating them though.

Greener bananas get me, but not riper. Pineapple if I eat a lot. Raw walnuts are awful.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ha I belong in this thread.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

Greener bananas get me, but not riper. Pineapple if I eat a lot. Raw walnuts are awful.

Yep, definitely the greener the banana the worse the reaction. I'm happy to wait until there are a multitude of brown spots before I eat mine though, so any reaction is pretty mild.

Hmm... now I want a banana....
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

I only like green bananas though :'(
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

This is interesting - my 6 year old lately has been saying he doesn't like pineapple anymore because it makes his teeth itch. We were chalking it up to him being crazy and just picky, or a bad batch - but maybe there's something to it.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options

LOL. When my grandmother was young she was told by her Dr. she was allergic to tomato and lemon and shouldn't eat them, to which she basically said "Eff that" and continued to eat them. She's 87 now they're still her favorites... That and blue cheese lol
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Oh! And I should report that my first week of keto has been pretty successful! I lost almost 6lbs of water weight lol. It makes me hopeful. Like maybe I wasn't in with the wolves as long as I thought :D
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I eat food off of the ground. Does that count?

Also, quicksylver, hello from Idaho. How you doing? I never meet Idaho folks on here, except for USCMCPPCPTHCNSV. But she quit talking to me because I'm an idiot. Anyway, where do you get Jamaican food around here?

I'm concerned, if @usmcmp won't speak to you... :p

No clue. Haven't found any. But wasn't looking very hard, either. Saw a food truck downtown once that I meant to try, but I haven't seen it again.

If I remember correctly it had something to do with @JustinAnimal not losing weight due to all the alcohol he was drinking. I couldn't convince him that was part of the problem.

Ah alcohol - the cause of...and solution to all of life's problems...

There's CSAR with the scripture! Thank you, Homer Simpson.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Am I still allowed in this club if I admit that I don't really like frosting?

But I am slowly developing a taste for peanut butter... That counts.... right???

Have you, by chance, ever been introduced to my good friend...cookie butter?

lpxcef5wpn1m.jpg

i want somebody to make cookie butter butter cookies and share them.

I'm just gonna leave this here...

Soft-Baked Speculoos Spread Cookies
    Makes 12 very large cookies

Ingredients:
    • 250g creamy Speculoos spread (cookie butter)
    • 165g brown sugar
    • 115g all-purpose flour
    • 5g corn flour/cornstarch
    • 7.5g cinnamon
    • 5g baking soda
    • Pinch of salt (about 1.5 grams)
    • 1.5 tbsp (23mL) vanilla extract
    • 1 large egg
    • 100g white chocolate chips

Directions
    1. Preheat the oven to 350° F (175-180° C)
    2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
    3. Using a wooden spoon, cream together the cookie butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Continue to mix until the mixture is soft, creamy, and well-incorporated.
    4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and add the white chocolate chips into the mixture. Mix until fully incorporated—you may have to use your hands for this. The dough will be soft and oily, and not at all sticky or tacky.
    5. Flatten large round balls of cookie dough into cookie shapes, as the dough doesn’t spread well. Place them at least 1-1.5 inches apart on a large, paper-lined cookie sheet.
    6. Place cookie sheet into the freezer for about 10 minutes prior to baking, then move it into the pre-heated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. The edges will look ready, while the centers will still look unbaked. Do not overbake—the middles will harden as the cookies cool.
    7. Allow the cookies to cool for 15-20 minutes. Proceed to pig out.

Recipe found and adapted from: http://www.averiecooks.com/2013/09/softbatch-cookie-butter-brown-sugar-cookies.html

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Oh, and this:
    ejzm1gvbcy2d.jpg

(This is pre-baking. I don't have any pictures of them baked because... I'm too busy shoving them into my mouth.)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Susie!!! I'm supposed to be cutting for my next competition!