Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - July Challenge!!

Options

Replies

• mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Beth- That is so frustrating about your roomie turning off the wireless. Maybe you can chat with her because she may not realize what she is doing. I know you aren't on full force yet, but I think that you recognizing your mistakes will only help you in the long run. Sometimes I totally do myself in so you're not alone!

Meghan- Great job at going to bootcamp! I love and hate bootcamp. Love how much it kicks my butt and hates how much it kicks my butt! And paying for something is always a good motivator. Also congrats on getting into the program! I hope that it works out for this go round. I had some bad experience and left my phd program for it. I 100% believe that politics should never mess with someones education so I am glad you are getting back into it!

Meag- I was actually planning on purchasing a hydration belt this weekend :). I make an effort to drink a ton of water throughout the day, but maybe I'm not getting quite enough. some of us just need more than 64 oz :). Also I am going to get fitted for new shoes this weekend and see if that helps with the problem some as well. Its making me nervous as I just registered for a 10k in September as my first "training" race and I don't want to not do well. And that means I don't want to not be able to finish. We shall see :)

3773- Welcome to the group! We have just a few short days left, but the new thread will start up in August and I hope you move along to it with us :)

AFM- Spin this morning as my cross training workout. It was a good workout as usual and it felt nice to mix it up- I didn't make it to spin last week due to pure exhaustion so I am really happy I dragged my butt out of bed! On deck for tomorrow is a 2-2.5m run with some strength training after. Fingers crossed for now issues with my calves! Alright ladies, I am off to work! Have a fantastic day!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hello again Lovelies!!

Meghan – a lot of great things in your post!! Glad to hear that you staycation was good and I am sure it was nice to see the family. Great job dragging yourself to your bootcamp. I need to get the dragging thing down so that I can completely get back on this wagon!! And woohoo to 2nd chances, or even 3rd or 4th chances. Another chance means another shot at something that just might be meant to be. Hope it all works out for you girly!! And have fun at Katy Perry….although I know you will!!:bigsmile:

Meag – will definitely have to take a look at that recipe and possibly give it a whirl. Things have yet to be settled on the homefront so there hasn’t been much cooking lately. And I came from kitchen where my mom had every gadget known to man so if we didn’t have it then it didn’t exist. But now my roommate doesn’t even have the bare minimum necessities…flour, sugar, baking dishes, etc. And of course, there isn’t much room in our kitchen for me to buy them and store them. So I am also trying to get that figured out also. And thanks for the good vibes…they worked!!! :blushing:

Megan – I think she just powers her entire computer off and then turns the power strip off, locks her bedroom door, and gets on with her life but its very frustrating. I mentioned something the last time she left and also this time. I am also attempting to look for a new job now that I am a graduate and that’s not necessarily something that I can do at work. So that makes it double frustrating.:explode: And yes, I think that recognizing my mistakes is a huge part of the process. And if I am able to recognize them and become more aware of them then that’s one step in the right direction for me because previously I would have brushed it off and not thought twice about it. Hope your calves are good to you today!! I need to get up the courage to try out a spin class.

AFM…appetite is back today. And I am doing great so far. Unfortunately will be eating out for lunch because I have yet to make dinner and have leftovers then will be eating out for dinner because I have to pick up my aunt up from the airport. So I will be playing around with my diary so that I can figure out what works best for me. I also want to thank each and every one of you that take time out of your day to post on this thread and offer encouragement to myself and the other lovelies!! It pushes me through my day and makes me feel like I truly have people that care about my well-being. Thank you lovelies!! :blushing:

QOTD – what would you like to accomplish before the year comes to an end? I know we have a few months but that way we can encourage each other to make it happen. Doesn’t have to be health-related. Could be something you have been wanting to try for years. Anything!!

Make it a great day Lovelies!!:flowerforyou:
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! It was another busy week and I have my race this Saturday! Ahh I am excited and nervous for so many reasons, Part of me just wants to finish, another part is scared of not having racing in my life. I am ready to drop the weight from my stress that I have had happen and just get back to a normal life.

Thank you everyone for your support and encouragement. I will definitely be back in August and more involved hopefully and losing for sure! Wedding planning is going to hit and I have to try to not stress too much with that and just enjoy it. I am ready for this and soaking it all in.

Food wise I have just been busy and eating healthy when I can but letting myself have indulgences as well. Maybe a little too much but with I can't change the past now. Exercise has been a little more sparse this week because of the race. I can't wait to focus on yoga and running and just working out for fun again. Have a great day ladies!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and happy hump day! :bigsmile:

Thankfully, since this weekend is a long weekend, we actually try to leave work early on Fridays and my folks are flying out to Rome Friday night so I only have about 2 1/2 days of work left (driving them to the airport Fri afternoon) before my long weekend in Ottawa and then Aug craziness is here! August is actually panning out to be an even more ridiculously insane month, with the WD trip, a wedding, my 10 Mile Chocolate Race (!!!), multiple family functions with Ty, and an out-of-town work retreat for 2 days... I am hoping to keep up with you all while I can but it looks like a total whirlwind. Not to mention weeks 6-10 of HH Half Marathon Training booked in there... :noway: Should be lots of fun! Capping it all off with another 4 day camping trip over the first weekend in September. Lots of amazing stuff planned. Cannot wait to enjoy the rest of my summer with Ty and the rest of my loved ones but not to fret - I won't forget all you amazing women! :wink:

Aly - GOOD LUCK!!!! :drinker: I can totally understand the desire to just finish what you start but also the nerves that come along with actually finally finishing and moving onto something else. Do you know whether you'll continue racing in the future, or is your plan to focus on weight loss and wedding prep over the next few months/year and give racing a bit of a break? Either way, I can't wait to see you back here more regularly. You've been missed - and this place is just getting sad! :tongue:

Bethany - So frustrating about the kitchen situation - I have the same problem at Tyler's place. His kitchen is *pathetic* and he hasn't got even the simpliest of things. I've tried to stock it up as best I can, but there is no sense buying all kinds of gadgets I already own again just to have them in two places. I think that likely just moving in there eventually is the only solution... :noway: Wait, WHAT!??! Bahaha Yea right. Glad to hear you are doing so well with motivation, food and general outlook. Sounds fabulous to me! You are always such a great motivator and your posts are so uplifting :bigsmile: Thank YOU for being so freakin' awesome!

Megan - Don't even think about worrying about the 10K as a "training race" - Just think of it as a 10K run, like any other, and resolve to run it the best you can. Races are such an entirely different experience from the normal long run - You really can't anticipate how you will fare under such bizarre conditions, but I can tell you that there is like zero chance of you NOT finishing. Just think about it. You KNOW you can run 10K and we all KNOW that running is 90% mental. In almost every race I've run thus far there is always doubt at some point - doubt that I'll be happy with my time, doubt that I'll be able to maintain my pace or keep my run/walk ratios consistent, doubt that I'll even finish. But there's always that hump that you crest once you realize "hey - there's only 2.5kms left. I know I can run 2.5km... I do it all the time!" and after that, you just run. Run and run and run and with every km marking you gain so much momentum and drive. Your will to finish, to really feel proud of your accomplishments and to be able to tell yourself "I know I can do this", it will all just take over. And next thing you know it'll be over and done and you'll cross the finish line and actually feel a little twinge of sadness that it's over - amidst all the relief and joy of finishing, of course! Whatever positive self-talk you use in your long runs now is going to become crucial on race day, so take note of how you motivate yourself. Just know that the personal stakes are higher on race day, because you're committed and you want to finish what you start. Harnessing that commitment to yourself and your desire to see things through to the end with almost always overcome any physical obstacle you face - whether it's dehydration, exhaustion, muscle fatigue, etc. Your body can take it. And if you've got the right stuff upstairs, you will do it :happy:

Updating the list, just to keep our goals in view for the last stretch of July - One more week ladies...

Allie7383- Finally finish the 30DS, get into the 130's, start and keep up with the bridge to 10k program!
    Black_Swan - eat back all exercise calories and keep up with my running plan
    Teee2- Lose these next pounds the healthy way with no self harming involved for the next month!!!! (Baby steps!)
    marshallj86 - hit 135, ditch the scale, and stick with clean eating (and turn 25! my bday is July 30!)
    mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!
    meagalayne- find time twice a week for strength and make it a priority - don't cut it short!; continue with 1/2 Marathon training plan and make it fit, even when life gets in the way; stop giving myself permission to binge/junk because of training or stress - be accountable and plan out indulgences; drink more water than coffee and sleep >6 hours a night, 5 times a week.
    imarunner890s- 155lbs, 10k walkings program, wake up at 8am and get 8 hrs of sleep
    guamgrly (Bethany) - no scale!! Focus on the lifestyle, the routine, and meal planning. Work out 3x per week. Drink 8 glasses of water per day. Eat more fruits and veggies
    lostalykat- Stick to my calories as best as I can with training, Focus on training these last 4 weeks, Don't worry about the number on the scale but check it weekly to keep me accountable.
    Ashleypeterson37- Move into new house on the 15th and wear my HRM, gym 3x a week minimum, try 3 new recipes and drop 8 more pounds, be more active on this page so: post 2x a week!
    Mariababe81 (mariam): finish the 30ds and start round 2, zumba once a week and running once a week. once weekly weigh in.allow myself some rest days if i need them! enjoy maintainance!!!
    ~~KanCrav.... NO SCALE until August 1st!~!~!~!~ Workout 5 times a week, enjoy my trips!
    luv_lea~Drink more water-aiming for the general 8 glasses (64 oz.) of water a day, Start 6 Week 6 Pack video and do at least 4 days a week! Continue running 1 mile (or more?) 3 times a week, and lastly, lose 2.5 lbs. for the month of July!
    Elmersglue (Ellie): Train for Sept 5k at least once a week, at least 7 hours of sleep 5x a week (!!), no emotional binging (mainly Sunday nights, when life and things tend to catch up), get to know everyone here^^
    cmg2008- Finish c25k and continue running at least 3 times a week, finish 30DS, accumulate 1200mintues of exercise, and get down into the low 140s.
    tjradd73(Tara)-to lose 4lbs, 30/35 days of 30DS, 10,000 steps/day (Sun-Tue), Tues stretch/yoga, <1400 avg cals,< 4 days over cals total, and try to get <180g carbs, and >60g protein.
    tobemotivated - do the 30ds (first day was today!), lose 5lbs, drink more water, eat less sugar!
    glitterballv-1. To stop overeating with sweets and cake! 2. Run three times a week, try and start bridge to 10k. 3. Try to get to at least one spin class a week.
    Anitanz- Get to 64kg’s. Drink less alcohol. Limit chocolate at work to <100 cals per day.
    ComfortFoodAddict: 64 oz water/day, No sodas!, sleep 6 hours 5x/wk, workout at least 4x/wk, drop below 170 *at least* again, log food without omitting anything 6x/wk
    Allislefttogain: Start training for my first full marathon; at least 96 ounces of water a day; make initial appointment with a physical therapist; hit 583.33 miles running by month end; at least 2 strength training sessions a week
    zerozeta0: Run 40 miles a week. Drink 8 cups of water a day. Limit candies/chocolates to once a week. Limit coffee to 3 times a week. Get down to 105.
    emiyr9602 - get through level 3 of the 30DS, lose my last 9 lbs, drink atleast 72oz of water a day, and continue to work through the c25k!
    AmberJenay - Lose 5 lbs, workout 4-5 times/week, and continue to build myself up.
    annemade- lose 2 pounds per week - therefore 8 pounds this month
    lalonmeg000- Drink only water or unsweat tea; Lose .5 inches for each major area of my body; focus on fueling my body by eating throughout the day and not one large meal. ; focus on myself at workouts not the people around me.
    3773- work out 3 mornings this week, do 45 min of cardio when I go to the gym, dont go over my 1200 calories.

Alright, better get off to work... As for my fitness and food, I've been really good the last two days. Lots of super healthy food and no binging, plus all my training :bigsmile: Opting out of baseball tonight because I need to prep for my trip and I want to get a good hill run in this afternoon. Technically I've got intervals scheduled but I want to incorporate some hill runs into my training and my run yesterday morning at 5:30am was actually very speedy for me anyway. All my "easy" runs seem to be turning into tempo/speed runs these days... Not too sure why! I just zone out and run, run, run...

Wishing you all an amazing Wednesday. Ill try to be in touch before I leave for Ottawa and will definitely be posting the new thread on Aug 1st - Keep things moving here while I'm away. Counting on you ladies - You're doing an AWESOME job! :wink:
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Meag- Thank you so much for your motivation! I had a mediocore run again today, but I am getting fitted for new shoes this weekend and don't have another run scheduled between now and then. It was so frustrating today because I had to stop running because I couldn't feel my feet... so FRUSTRATING! Hopefully the new shoes will work everything out and I can just get back to pushing myself. I did feel really good after about a mile, so I can tell that my "warm-ups" are definitely helping. I am trying to take the first mile slow and speed up as I go- you know negaitive splits and all :) Your weekend sounds fun and crazy! My june was like that but luckily July slowed down and August should be restful before September picks back up again. I can't wait for your 10 mile chocolate race so I can hear about it since my 15k is a chocolate race- if that isn't motivation to finish strong I dont know what is :)

Bethany-I think playing around with your diary is a great idea! I am still trying to figure out what meals work best for my body and I think the more you try new things and figure out whats best for you the better! I have complete faith that you will figure it out and get everything just perfect!

Aly- I am excited for your race for you! I know you have mixed feelings but I hope you enjoy the race and are proud of yourself once you cross the finish line as its a huge accomplishment! And I made sure to not let wedding planning stress me out by just being open to all sorts of ideas and not being so stuck on getting on particular thing that I freaked out. I think that really helped me- so if you aren't a picky bride that will definitely help your stress level with planning!

AFM- Had a 2miles run plus strength on the schedule and went for 2.4 miles plus strength instead. I am trying to build in .5 mile or .25 mile extras that way the transition from week to week wont be to hard. I had the same issue with my cramping, however I have determined it starts in my arches and then works it way up to my calves. I believe it is my shoes since they are old and worn out, so its time to go get properly fitted. It will be my first experience getting fitted for proper shoes and I am excited to have the right "gear" for running. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will do the trick and then I will be back to hitting the pavement pain free. It is just really hard to keep running when you can't feel your feet. Any ways I have a big meeting in 30 minutes that I need to do some last minute prep for, but I will check in later! Have a lovely day!

Megan
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Meag and Megan- Thanks for the kind words. I am excited and nervous but thanks I know once I finish things will be different. Meag to your question I am taking a triathlon racing break, I just don't have my heart in it and it helped me gain weight then lose it so that is a big reason. I am going to still run half marathons but only occasionally.

AFM- I am trying really hard to not worry about the extra food intake and that a lot of my pants don't fit the way I want them too :( I think with all the stress of racing I kind of just gave up and It helped to not have to worry about food on top of everything else. I am not sure what I am going to do when I get back but something has to change. I really want to get back to my pre-race weight and maybe even less. I have a full year before my wedding so I have time to do it. Just because I gained a bit now isn't the end of the world. I am a million times healthier than I was when I weighed this much before and I am still about 20 pounds down from when I started. It is just frustrating. I ordered the new rules of lifting for women and plan to take this weight loss challenge on with full force after I take some time to relax after the race of course. For now it is skirts and dresses and trying to not worry. Thanks for being an outlet ladies, I am hoping to be in happier sorts when I come back.
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Lovelies!! Slow day today…

Meag – glad to see that you are taking full advantage of your summer and living it up to the fullest!! I seem to be fairly busy myself but with birthday parties. And I think I have decided to take a day off during the week before my daughter goes back to school so that I can take the kids to Sea World. Haha…love the solution to your kitchen problem. And for the record, I think you are pretty awesome yourself!! You have continued to stand by me (and all of the other lovelies that decide to grace us with their presence) so thank you girly!!

Megan – don’t know that I will ever have it down perfectly but I like that I can play with my diary. My breakfast is usually the same just about every morning. But I like that I can plug in my lunch and/or dinner and see if they will work into my caloric intake for the day. Or perhaps if I want to splurge for lunch and make up for it at dinner then I can plan ahead. I think it just makes it easier for me to see my calories in front of me so that I can make it all work for the day. Yay for new shoes!! You definitely are putting in the time and dedication to validate a good pair of running shoes. Let me know how your experience goes getting fitted.

Aly – I think that you will get back onto the path that you feel you need to be on once you have this race out of the way. But until then, I hope you enjoy every second of your race and kick some major *kitten*!!

AFM…got a little motivated last night to pop in a WO DVD and have some fun. What motivation you ask? A boy looked at me. I haven’t had a guy look in my direction in quite a while and it felt great!! So I figured that was great motivation to get where I want to be. I also stayed up late last night looking into upcoming races in my area and I think I found one…the Long Beach Marathon. No…I won’t be doing the marathon but they also have a Run Forrest Run 5K and a kids fun run. The 5K is sponsored by Bubba Gump’s and is offering their goodies at the finish line. I asked my daughter if she would be interested in doing the fun run. I think it would be a great thing for her to get into running at an early age. I wouldn’t force her into it but would definitely encourage her if she discovered that she really liked it. I even told her that I would “practice” with her. So she said she wanted some time to think about it. I told her that I would ask her again by the end of the day so that I can get her signed up. Also, for participating, we would get free admission to the Aquarium of the Pacific which I refuse to pay for out of my pocket because I think its too expensive for what you get to see. Hopefully it all works out!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
  • AmberJenay
    AmberJenay Posts: 24
    Options
    Hello Beautiful Ladies! I have been MIA due to the dreaded finals of summer session as well as a busy work schedule. My life got completely taken over by school and work, but I came out victorious so all the time, tears, and prayers paid off. I barely logged in for the last 2 weeks due to my hectic schedule. I wasn't eating poorly but I wasn't eating well either, I would squeeze in a jog when I could, but for the most part I put my fitness on hold. I am gonna have to find a better method once school starts for fall semester. Yesterday after finals were over I went for a nice hike up the local mountain and a nice jog down on the paved trail. My body has missed that quality mountain time. I will go back and read all the posts I have missed to check in on you lovely ladies and see how you're doing. As always I wish you the best on your weightloss endeavors and I am here to support however I can. Lots of love and prayers sent everyone's way!

PS I still haven't weighed in and I've been on here for a month, I kinda want to know whats going on with my weight and I kinda don't at the same time lol. :embarassed:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm here and I suck at catching up. Been spending every spare minute looking at car stuff, so I'm very pleased to say I got my new car tonight. Totally unexpected (I was waiting until the weekend) as I went to a new dealership to get my trade-in assessed, feel in love with the same car but a higher model and negotiated a STEAL of a price. Got my insurance money from the dumbass who hit me, so I was able to put a really sizable down payment and feel much better about my finances. Unfortunately I was at the dealership from 5:30-10:30 and then was followed home by the salesman (they needed my title) so I JUST got done with him (it's 11:20). Haven't eaten since 3:30 and didn't get my run in..but I'll have more time this weekend than I had originally planned!

Hope everyone is wrapping up the month on a great note!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. Busy busy! We closed on our house Monday, fair was this week, and work has been less than ideal. My body is revolting. I think I have a mild case of exhaustion...great. I'm going to work on sleeping and eating well for a few days. As soon as I feel better, I'll get back on track and try this zig-zag calorie theory I am hearing so much about lately.

Cheers to everyone...your updates on your exercise routines make me jealous that I cannot do more!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been MIA. Busy busy! We closed on our house Monday, fair was this week, and work has been less than ideal. My body is revolting. I think I have a mild case of exhaustion...great. I'm going to work on sleeping and eating well for a few days. As soon as I feel better, I'll get back on track and try this zig-zag calorie theory I am hearing so much about lately.

Cheers to everyone...your updates on your exercise routines make me jealous that I cannot do more!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Meag- wow! You have a busy August up ahead but I know you can get through! I know what you mean about pathetic kitchens!! Love my parents but they never have any decent kitchen tools to prepare just about anything other than boxed meals lol !

imarunner- great news on closing on your house ! I think working on sleep is still a great way to refocuse! I know I can't work out when I have been losing sleep.

Jillybeanruns- congrats on the car !!

AmberJenay- Yay!! Finals are over, I am in school too and that is the best feeling ! I actually try not to weigh myself but every month. I just feel my body fluctuates so much that I don't want to discourage myself by weighing each week ( and I have a cheap scale so it doesn't show any decimal points)

Guam- love that you are inviting your daughter to exercise with you ! Such an awesome way to be together :) and congrats on getting a look lol always a HUGE motivator !

AFM...today was a good day for the most part. Slow at work but I got a lot of my arrends and things on my Go List (to do list, but I feel to do implies an unwanted force, while GO implies a positive action) accomplished. I didn't make it to bootcamp but I am not sure why...just didn't feel like running in 104 degree weather ? Idk no excuse really. Hit my calorie goal dead on today and resisted drink the dr.pepper that is still in my fridge (a friend forgot it ! ) That's about it, trying to stay positive and not stress about things I can't change like how hectic august will be and how very little I have in my bank account eekk! On the plus side, the lack of funds forces me to eat at home however !

QOTDA- I think my goal is more emotional? As in it's not really measurable to anyone but me. I love my aunt but she got the best genes in the fam lol tan, 3 beautiful children, and a beach body !? Well I just want this Christmas to be confident at the family reunion. Feel like no matter what I wear it will look great on me (normally I try on everything in my closet, declare myself too fat for everything and refuse to go, until my mom comes in and makes me pick something so we can leave)...and yes be about 20lbs lighter. Not just to out do my aunt but feel better about myself for me!

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday and let's finish up July on a positive !!!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Hey ladys!

Thank you all for helping me stay sane!!! I am very grateful to have a place like this to come and feel "ok".... you all rock! I hope you are each having a great Thursday, its almost friday!~! The last friday of the month, can you believe it??? Crazy!!!!! Have a great day everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Quick post this AM. Work in about 20 mins but I wanted to drop in since I didn't get a chance to post yesterday evening...

Did some hills yesterday but not as much as I would have liked. It was hot, and I was freaking exhausted. Lack of sleep and work stress is wearing on me and I'm definitely in need of a rest. Tomorrow's Rest day thankfully, and I am spending 6+ hours of it in the car driving out to Ottawa for a long weekend away. Hoping to find SOME relaxation while I'm there but I know we'll be busy, and I intend to keep up with my 1/2 Marathon plan as well. At least maybe I'll get some sleep?

This morning I got up at 530am and did my 3mile run + circuits in the park. Cut the corners a bit on my circuits because of fatigue/exhaustion and just a lack of time in the morning. 48 mins total and 442 calories burned. Not too shabby. Tonight's a whirl wind of packing and tying up loose ends before tomorrow... Lots to do, especially with my folks leaving. Likely will not be able to post until at least Friday or Saturday...

QOTD from ages ago - What's my fave healthy meals....

OH GEEZ! Well it's obviously oatmeal, on a practical level. It's comforting and safe and I have it nearly every morning to start my day. On days when I can't have oatmeal I always find myself starving mid-morning and my appetite is nuts all day long. Have it along with fruit, healthy fats (PB!) and greek yogurt for protein and it's a great, balanced meal.

Other than that, I eat spinach salad or some variation with grilled meat every day. It's an easy no-brainer for lunch and I can always switch it up. Snacks are always yogurt, raw veggies, edamame, fruit or homemade protein brownies - or some combination of that.

For cooked meals... I love stewing veggies with diced tomatoes, spices, corn and either black beans or shredded meat and then poaching eggs over top. Adding feta + cilantro if I feel a little saucy :wink: Soups and stews are also a fave because they are easy and so filling and delicious, and can be made very healthy and nearly fat free, if desired. Lately we've been doing a lot of fish, pork tenderloin, and stirfrys with different sauce combinations and I'd love to get any suggestions you guys may have. Bring forth the recipes!

OH! And I love love love homemade pico and kimchi. They are absolute STAPLES in my house and nearly always in the fridge. Great addition to any meal!

QOTD - How do you sauce-up / spice-up healthy foods (without overloading on sodium) ? What's your favourite stirfry recipe?

Have a wonderful Thursday folks! :heart:
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Hello Ladies! I don't have time to reply to everyone right now but I wanted to drop in and say hello.

Did bootcamp this morning and it was killer but in a good way. I did a total body strength workout yesterday so when we did some arm weights today I about died! And my calves are nice and tight probably from the cramping I've been experiencing in addition to the calf raises I did yesterday. But the class was good. We did the 50 seconds on 10 seconds off with legs, arms, abs, cardio and we did 5 sets so that is 20 minutes straight without stopping then you walk for 1 to 2 minutes and get a drink of water to go again, except I think the second time we cut it down to only 4 sets. Either way it was a nice burn!

Today I have been super busy at work, thus the late post, but really productive. I felt like my To Do list was getting out of control and I just have been putting the pedal to the medal with getting everything knocked off of it. I want to really dive into this super fun project and just haven't had the change yet so I am hoping to start that tomorrow and be able to get a presentation out by the end of next week. I sometimes get the "crappy" stuff at work, but I do like it and this is the best part is when something really great and amazing comes along. My boss wanted me to give to a coworker since I have been so busy, but I wanted to hang onto it since it will be the most fun and she completely understood.

Otherwise just plowing through! Tomorrow is rest day but I might do spin, then Saturday is 2 miles, but I might try and do 2.5 since I have to do 3 on Monday. And then Sunday is stretching although I will spend some QT stretching the next few days. I am also planning on hitting up some outlets this weekend with my friend so I am really excited about that, but most of all I am getting a haircut tonight and it is going to feel AMAZING! I havent had a hair cut in at least 6 months so it will feel good just to get the ends trimmed and all of that wonderfulness!

Any ways back to work for me but I wanted to say hi! July is almost over yikes!

Megan
  • lostalykat
    Options
    Hey Everyone, Sorry been preoccupied and not focusing on tracking so I am not on this site much. I am doing good, getting nervous for my race on Saturday! i am just ready for it to be over. We are driving up there tomorrow morning and then it is time to get ready for the race! I am excited and nervous. I can't wait until I am done and I can be on some sort of normal schedule. I will just have to work at not letting the "celebrations" of finishing the race and then my birthday at the end of the month get to me. I am planning on working out still and getting back to calories. I might look into a body bug to help me be accountable, not sure yet. If your interested in more stuff about my race I will be updating my blog more than coming on here. Can't wait for August!!!

http://thiskatiskrazy.wordpress.com/
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Oh my word.... Worst day at work yet. Stayed 1hour late, didn't get any breaks, and totally KILLED myself. Combined with a 530am wake up and little sleep today just SUCKED.

Tomorrow will be better. OR ELSE! :grumble:

Hope you're all having a much better day :heart: Much love
  • mkingraham
    Options
    Aly- I hope you enjoy every moment of your race and let your self celebrate such a huge accomplishment! Don't forget about the dedication it took to train to be able to compete even if your weight isn't where you want it to be

Meag- Sorry to hear your day went so crappy :( I totally understand when those days happen and they are the WORST! hang in there because you have an amazing weekend planned!

AFM- Did spin this morning but I am super tired so I kind of wish I had just slept in. The plan for today is to knock out some serious stuff off of my to do list then go home nap, go to the running store, cook up some talipa and couscous for dinner and just relax. Saturday will be a run followed by some outlet shopping and maybe a little tennis. If the tennis doesnt get in on Saturday it will on Sunday and that will be followed by some pool time and some stretching! I am so glad the weekend is here. Seeing as how I don't normally post on weekends I think I will do a goal recap now.

mkingraham (Megan)- Create a succesful healthy delicious food plan and stick to it, do 30DS with my hubby at least 3 times a week, average at least 6 miles a week of running, own the scale don't let it own me (meaning take my no scale challenge and actually learn and apply the lessons it taught me), get back to my optimistic self!

So I did alright with the healthy delicious food plan. I definitely had some meals that were not great but I did my best to make overall healthy choices and to be aware of the decisions I was making. I did not do 30DS with my hubby except twice but thats because he stopped doing it, although I could have kept going I also started doing my 15k training which takes a lot each day so I felt that my workouts where getting it done. I am definitely running the 6 miles a week on average, I can't say how good I did the first half of the month with that because I simply can't remember but I am definitely doing that now with my 15k training. I am not letting the scale own me. I have only dropped 3 lbs this month, but I am totally ok with that. I think I am getting back in the groove of things and I am feeling good about my choices. The optimism is back to some extent. I am still struggling with self-confidence when it comes to running, but I think that is the only thing I get down on myself about.

All in all I feel July was a good month- now on to August! My BDAY month! And my biggest bday present to myself is going to be working my butt off to not only drop a total of 50lbs but to get under 200 lbs- haven't seen a ONEderland in 8 years so that would be quite the present :)

Have a wonderful day ladies!

XOXO
    Megan
  • mkingraham
    Options
    I just registered for another 10k! Super excited and very reasonably priced. You get a jacket that reatils at $75 as your goodie bag item and the race cost 1/2 that. So I get a jacket at half price with a sweet race squeezed in! WooHOO!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy Friday Lovelies!!

Meghan – love your definition of the GO list!! Ready, set, go!! And I completely get your goal!! I think I am kinda the same way now that I have thought about it. Not necessarily the same exact situation. But my mom moved away recently and I want to look amazing when I see her again, although I have no idea when that will be. I know its petty but I think I am trying to prove something to myself about her being gone.

Meag – I am always afraid that I am going to over-season my food so I usually end up under-seasoning it which means I am living in a boring, flavorless world!! Hope you have a great time in Ottawa this weekend!!

Aly – hope you have a great time at your race!! Then you can close that chapter and work on things that make you a little happier!!

Megan – you have been killing it with all of your workouts!! And I am so glad to hear that you are not letting the scale own you. I think that you are settling more and more into a routine that works best for you. And congrats on signing up for the 10K!!

AFM… food has been really good surprisingly!! Had a minor slip-up last night when I took the kids to the concert in the park because I gave in at a bake sale. But the good thing was that I prepped our dinner the night before and took a ton of fruit for us to snack on also. Lunch today will not be great cause its free and I didn’t choose it. Also have the fair to look forward to on Sunday but I am going to make sure that the kids and I eat beforehand so that we aren’t as tempted by the yumminess of everything!! Then I will try to make the best decision for dinner there.

I also registered for a 5K that will take place on October 9th and signed my daughter up for the kids fun run on October 8th. She is excited to start “practicing” with me and I am excited to start training again and to be able to do it with her.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!