Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    So I went on a cleaning binge the last two days. Scrubbed the hell out of my bathroom and the bedroom, emptied out and cleaned all the tupperware containers that were just sitting in my fridge. Did 2 sinkfuls of dishes, two loads of laundry and cleaned off the kitchen table! PHHEEWW! And I went for my walk today since it was absolutely gorgeous!

But, of course, there was a downfall. I've been contemplating canceling my gym membership because I dont go very often and we're trying to cut spending as a household. But I go onto the website to look into canceling and start futzing around and I find out that my gym has started personal training classes for free. So I signed up for one that was about 3 hours in the future. So I get there 5 minutes before the class is scheduled to start and then proceed to sit there for a half an hour while the trainer is helping another member. Eventually, I just got fed up and walked out. I was pretty bummed. There's another of the same brand of gym on my way home from work. I think I will stop there tomorrow and see if they have one then. But now I'm feeling down, and I'm not exactly sure why...maybe because my days off are coming to an end and I have to go back to work tomorrow morning. :'(
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @rachelbachel32 I'm right with you on the repetition, lol! What's frustrating is that it still hasn't been enough. So I've resolved to make sure that I plan everything ahead as much as possible. Fingers crossed!

@HGSmith0920 - Is that Planet Fitness? *grin* That's the one I go to, anyway, and they do something like that. Thing is, though, I think they give the trainer a printout when he gets there in the morning. I've called ahead for one and gotten there and he wasn't aware he had someone coming in. So try letting the trainer know that you signed up for that session. It takes some being assertive, because you might feel like you're "interrupting." But you're not! That's YOUR time.

@Rachel0778 - Yup, I know what you mean about the difficulties in giving one thing up to do something else. I want to do all the things! It isn't easy :(

And I've got to give my DH credit - he DOES come to the gym with me. But he's told me that he worries about how frustrated I get when I work hard and don't see the progress I want. Not that he thinks I'm developing an eating disorder or anything; it just bums him out when I'm unhappy. Bless him, he just wants everything to be pie and roses for me ^.^
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Oh, I would have been so annoyed, hate when people waste my time!

Hi, guys!
    I went for a bike ride yesterday and realized, it's not that bad to cycle outside for a couple weeks instead of indoor cycling - if you can't change the situation, you can always change the attitude :)
    I've hit a plateau, it's actual hunger games at the moment :D , but I will push through, I've been here before and somehow determination got me through it and the weight started going down again.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt WOW what a workout schedule, no wonder you're exhausted! I tend not to be a people person either (and I'm the worst player on the team) but it always ends up being way more fun than if I go workout by myself

@gymprincess1234 Cycling outdoors is fabulous, I'm glad you found your groove!

@clicketykeys It's great that you have a gym buddy with your SO and it's sweet he wants to see you happy and loving the body you have. He sounds like a great guy!

@HGSmith0920 Sorry to hear you had a crappy personal training experience. Some people don't do time management well and that guy sounds like one of them. I agree with @clicketykeys, next time assert yourself since it's totally your time! Also, if you're still on a cleaning kick you're welcome to clean my place ;)

Class last night was amazing, I am so glad that I went! The monthly membership is pretty reasonable too (it will equal out to about $6.50 a class which isn't bad for 90 minute specialty classes!) so I think I'm going to sign up when I get back. I'll stick with derby too for now, but I have a fear with derby that I'm courting long term injury so if something has got to go it's going to be that.

I also finally faced the music and hopped on the scale and it wasn't pretty. I am just not in weight loss mode and I'm not sure how to get my headspace back there. After my 4th of July holiday I think it's time for me to re-evaluate my activities and habits to see if I can turn this car around!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I'm glad you enjoyed your class so much! All of my workouts are group classes. I would love to be part of a team, but I am soooo uncoordinated. My fiance has played kickball and softball, and I go watch, but I've never felt comfortable joining. He mentioned getting a softball team together for the fall, and mentioned me being on the team. I told him that if he actually helped me prepare (I have never played softball), then I would consider doing it. Winning isn't a big deal to most people, because it's just for fun, but I don't want to embarrass myself too badly!

@clicketykeys Good luck with planning! I think it's a huge pain, but it makes the days/weeks SO much easier and stress free.

Well, I was expecting some losses this week per my usual cycle, but I am still stuck in the same spot. It is a bit discouraging, but I'm trying to focus on the positives, like how my clothes are fitting lately. It just messes with my mind. I've been eating the same as before, logging carefully, and we've been super active this week. Monday was kickboxing, Tuesday was upper body resistance class, then a bike ride outside (it was perfect weather!), yesterday was kickboxing, then yoga. Tonight will be lower body resistance class. I'm just planning to keep doing what I'm doing. I had a mini goal to be to 179 by the end of June, which likely won't happen (I'm at 181.2 as of this morning), but that's not the end of the world. My next mini goal was to lose 10% of my starting weight by the time I go camping (July 26). That would be 177 lbs. I think I can definitely hit that in the next month! I know the scale isn't everything, but I can't help but use it as a motivator and a goal setter.

Now that I'm done with the 10 week challenge at my gym, it's been kind of hard to stay as focused as I was. There is a new group of "10 weekers" starting July 8th, and I think my fiance and I are going to coach a group in that session. I feel really flattered to have been asked. Essentially, we will help with nutrition questions, help keep the group motivated, make sure people are attending classes, be there for any questions, etc. I think that will really help me stay in the right frame of mind.

Happy almost-Friday, all!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Rachel - glad the class went well. It sounds like something will have to give - but then you were never sure if Derby would continue either so you always ran the risk of losing that anyway. I'm not in weight loss mode either - I'm just not sure why it is hard on occasion!

@HGSmith0920 - that sounds like a lousy personal training experience. Definitely time to assert yourself though - you booked a time with that trainer and you deserve to have that time. And yes - any cleaning frenzy left over - happy for you to come to mine :)

Uggh - such an uninspired week, I don't know what's wrong with me! There are periods of time when I just can't get my head in the game for this - it's pathetic, I know what I need to do! Hey - nearly the end of the week - hope everyone else is doing better than me right now with this game!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I feel you, girl! We will get through this and be fit and back on track soon! :)
  • PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    So ended up not going on date night. The BF postponed it from Saturday night to Sunday, because we wouldn't have enough time. We watched two movies at home and stayed up until 1:30 am. Grr. Then I was tired/grumpy, pmsing so we fought for the next 3 days off and on. Sunday the kids were grounded so no skating, and we didn't do our date either. Which of course along with the PMS mood swings, and lack of sleep has basically made me depressed. Today was the first day I have done any real exercise, and my calories have been off the chart, not even logging. Basically, I have gained a pound and a half back. Grr, I am never going to get below 190. Plus I have been super busy at work, trying to make up for taking tomorrow off. Which has just worn me out mentally. Hoping to get back on the wagon in the next day or so.

Stay strong guys.
  • VeganGirl108
    VeganGirl108 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling unmotivated and keep falling off the wagon. Hope posting on here will keep me accountable
  • Thicigetsfit
    Thicigetsfit Posts: 9 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    29/06/2017
    25 years old | 1,69cm
    Cw: 239,2 /108,5 too heavy and not healthy... let's change it!!! 3v50cetsze4r.jpg
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    sorry about your trainer experience HGSmith. When I first rejoined the gym, you get 1 free session with trainer & 50% of the time he spent trying to get me to hire him. Keep trying. Rachel0778 you're doing so much! It took 3rd week of HIIT classes to start losing wt again on scale.I'm sorry you're having such a hard time jdelaroy, try not to add more stress by letting your eating plan hang over your head. Take care of you. You'll get back to it.VeganGirl108, welcome & I hope we'll be a motavation to you. This is a great group
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Planning is going to be extra tough for the next week because I don't get ANY time off from the park. If it's open, I'm there - plus I have to be there half an hour before opening and stay a bit after close. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I'll have the energy to pack lunches each day and I don't come home ready to stuff my face!

Now it's back to prepping some meals to put in the freezer so I can grab 'n' go!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @rachelbachel32 Congrats on the coaching gig! The gym must see all of your hard work and know that you can motivate others. And I hope you're able to work up the courage to be on the team, I'm always the worst one out there but its totally worth it to get to play and have fun!

@clicketykeys I'm crossing fingers for you, sorry to hear it's going to be such a crazy work week. Great job preparing in advance

@Evamutt Thank you for the motivation :) I hope you have a great holiday weekend!

Welcome @Thicigetsfit and @VeganGirl108 !

@jdelaroy Sorry to hear the date night didn't happen and that you've been in a crappy mood. Hopefully things are looking up!

@gymprincess1234 You're absolutely right! I weighed again today and it turns out that I'm the same weight I was 10 weeks ago (which while kind of lame is better than when I thought I gained!)

@janetay01 You're absolutely right, something will have to give (and it will likely be derby). I may stay on as a fringe member but it's just not worth the stress

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I'll likely be away from the boards for the entire next week since I'll be at my in-laws for the 4th and at a nerd convention for the rest of the week. I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday and a great weekend!
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    What con are you going to @Rachel0778?
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm back! It's been a while. And everything has taken its toll. I haven't gained anything back but I haven't been logging nearly as much as I should and I definitely haven't been exercising. I just haven't been motivated. I've plateaued after I lost the first 12lbs and can't seem to lose anymore. It's so frustrating! I just have to keep at it I guess. I just dont know what to do. Money's been an issue the last few weeks and will continue to be for at least the next month. Stupid bills!!!!! Lol.

Okay, no more complaining! It's walking time! Gonna get this *kitten* in gear!

Have a great day everyone!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Hey!

I've somehow lost 1kg over the weekend, even tho I overate my kcal almost every single day, and only did 3 workouts, must be because of stress.
    But even with that 1kg I'm still on my plateau. Will sort health problems out and my life a bit and get my focus back. This is a marathon after all, if it takes a 2 month plateau, fine, I'll get through this and start losing when my mind is ready again.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th everyone. Personally I hate these holidays with fireworks. 2 of my poor dogs get so afraid I have to keep them medicated plus ppl start days before & go days after & the high kill shelters kill a lot of dogs to get ready for all the strays, so awful. Anyway the usually story of my life...I'm always so tired.. It's the heat. I've been going to HIIT class 3 times/week, doing some volunteering at animal rescue & seeing 2 of my sons that live in town. We went over for BBQ saturday. My son & his wife are very healthy eaters so I don't have to even think about having a lot of calories there. This is my youngest son, Michael's house who lost over 100 lbs about 10 yrs ago & his wife is super fit. She was offered a trainer job at her gym but turned it down, she's a 3rd grade teacher. She also sells & uses Herballife & they have a gym in their garage. We had steak, chicken thighs & salad. My only daughter finally had her baby last Friday, a 9lb baby boy. We were going to visit her thursday but she's sick so we'll see, they're 3 hrs away.Nothing much going on today. I've been very much into eating salads as meals with chicken & cheese & crunchies in it. I'm going to make one for a friend who got me started on weight loss & take it over & have lunch together. That's about it with me. I live a rather quiet, "boring" life but I wouldn't have it any other way as I grew up with lots of drama & also in my marriage but it's all settled down now, thank God.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    It's been so silent here lately!

Hi, guys!
    I've checked my notebook yesterday and when I was sure I was on a plateau, I actually have gained 2kg in 15months! :o I was so shocked, but it really hit me that backwards is not the way I want to go. So I logged my regress, stuck to my calories and did a 80min high resistance bike ride.
    Maybe the 2kg are cause of water retention as its TOM, but even if, that would mean a 1,5month plateau.

That was so eye opening about my goals, that now I feel even more motivated than when I first started.
    I didn't come this far to only come this far, I want to lose the last 10kg ,and I've set a goal to lose them in the next 8 weeks. By 1st September I'll be at my goal weight 78kg (-31kg from my starting weight and -10kg from current). That would be the best birthday gift to myself and the perfect way to start a new life chapter in the new city. :)

• clicketykeys
    Options
    Well, yesterday thankfully made up for how miserable Saturday was, when I had a 14-hour shift outdoors and it was hot and rainy and lots of people were mad because the rides had to close for long portions of the day and they'd paid all that money to get into the park. NOT fun.

The forecast had high chances of rain all day, and it was already drizzling at opening time - to the extent that they were considering CLOSING for their BIGGEST HOLIDAY. Woah. But then that cleared up in 15-20 minutes, and the weather held out all day! We had some nasty-looking thunderclouds around 2:00, when it was supposed to POUR. But they didn't do anything except cover the sun and lower the summer temperatures 5-10 degrees!

Crowds were REALLY sparse through the morning, but steadily increased all day, so that by the time of the fireworks we had a decent-sized crowd. It wasn't the throng of last year, so I don't know if they came out ahead financially or not, considering how poorly-attended Saturday was. But it made it easier on ME, because there weren't as many people, which means fewer confrontations in general, plus shorter lines everywhere, so everybody's in a generally better mood!

Tired, though! Worked 14 hours and my Steps app says I walked over 30k steps! Apparently that's just under 15 miles, which is weird, because I could swear that it tells me that 10k is just OVER five. And I don't have data, so it's not connected to GPS. Curious how it calculates that - maybe there's diminishing returns programmed in because it assumes that as you walk more, you get tired, and your steps get shorter?

Anyhoo, hope today's going well! Hugs to all :D

@gymprincess1234 - don't forget that the last bit is the hardest to lose. Keep at it, but make sure you're doing things that you can sustain.
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

After having a couple of cheat meals over the weekend, a night of drinking on Monday, and completely eating like crap yesterday, I got on the scale this morning to face the music. I was expecting a lot of water weight, at the least. I was only up .2 lbs. :smiley: I was hungover yesterday and skipped my workout, too. To be fair, I did think it was Sunday and that the gym was closed, haha, whoops. Today, I am fully ready to get back at it! I'm really happy I didn't completely mess up my progress. I'm looking forward to going hard at my workout tonight. I'll be starting to coach a group at our gym this Saturday, which I'm really excited to start. I know it will help me with my accountability and motivation. I also have my first dress fitting this weekend, which should be interesting. I know that as of 3 weeks ago, I had lost 18 inches throughout my body, so I'm sure it will need some adjusting! I just hope it's not too expensive.

I hope you all had an awesome holiday!