Ghosted

12345679»

Replies

• relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Is it considered 'ghosting' if you ignore a guy that you 'dated' but later found out that he was married?

When you did find out that he was married you told him you were not interested in being involved in that situation...and then ignored him...is that still 'ghosting'?

Not ghosting. You told him you didn't want to be involved. Ghosting is when you stop communicating with no explanation and just disappear.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    Is it considered 'ghosting' if you ignore a guy that you 'dated' but later found out that he was married?

When you did find out that he was married you told him you were not interested in being involved in that situation...and then ignored him...is that still 'ghosting'?

I'd say no. It's very clear why you stopped talking to him.

I'd say she should say one last thing in a Email to his wife so she knows what scum he is and before he gives her a STD and wastes anymore of their bank account on other women.

I don't know. This thread is causing so much trauma since my last two relationships were literally someone ghosting me after six months (met my family, talked about what our kids would look like, talked about moving in together, etc.) and someone dating me for quite some time before telling me he was married. I didn't say anything to his wife because I was so heartbroken and embarrassed. I knew she would most likely turn on me as well and I wanted to forget it happened and move on. It's not our responsibility to inform the wife. Both of us were played in that situation.
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member

Did you sleep with him ?
    If so then he got what he wanted
    If not then he found someone who will sleep with him

That's a really grim point of view. I did sleep with him several times because I wanted to. I'm a single adult.

Anyway I signed up to a different dating site last night and I found him on it and logged on. So I know he's definitely not interested in me and I dodged a bullet. Still hurts yet now I know he's alive and well to other people. He's dead to me. [/quote]

I'm sorry that happened and that he treated you so poorly, I know how much it sucks. <3
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    If he can be this dismissive now imagine a life with him. Nope. Just nope, I know it hurts though. xoxo
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    About the age thing: Once we are over 21, age is only a factor if you wish it to be. Some people care, some don't, and some have a broader range of "acceptable" than others. I'm 18 years older than my husband. We've only been married 4 years, but we were friends for several years before the romance began. Neither of us was willing to give up happiness with the other person over the age gap. So we got married and told our respective parents to just suck it up lol.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member

I'd say she should say one last thing in a Email to his wife so she knows what scum he is and before he gives her a STD and wastes anymore of their bank account on other women.

I don't know. This thread is causing so much trauma since my last two relationships were literally someone ghosting me after six months (met my family, talked about what our kids would look like, talked about moving in together, etc.) and someone dating me for quite some time before telling me he was married. I didn't say anything to his wife because I was so heartbroken and embarrassed. I knew she would most likely turn on me as well and I wanted to forget it happened and move on. It's not our responsibility to inform the wife. Both of us were played in that situation.

As a guy, from my perspective that was a complete *kitten* thing for him to do. I can see not doing anything about it if you knew up front that he was married & you still got involved anyhow. There are some folks that prefer relationships like that because it prevents long term entanglements. There's no judging from me in that respect for both men & women that choose that route.
    But in a situation like yours, you should have gone to his house while his wife was home & he wasn't, knocked on his door & asked if your boyfriend was home. When she acted confused about what she was hearing, pretend he gave you the impression that his wife was just his housekeeper & clarify that you've been seeing him, then apologize for disturbing her & walk the *kitten* off for good. Let her mull over what just happened & know he's going to reap a hellstorm when he gets home. If he did it to you he'll do it again to someone else.
    For the record, there are plenty of women that do this to guys too, just spend time working in a hospital & hang out at a nurses station & you can figure that out. Nearly every damn one of them both men & women. The empty floor had most of the beds constantly messed up from all the "smoke breaks" taken by people that didn't even smoke. LOL It's a two way street.
  • arcornell09
    arcornell09 Posts: 41 Member

I could understand your embarrassment, I would be devastated if that happened to me. Those type of bad relationships can scar you. I see a therapist to help me deal with some of my past relationship issues i've had to help process just what really happened.
    As far as the wife finding out I think she has a right to know. My father was a cheat and someone came forward to inform my mother. As hard as it was for her it saved her from his abuse and she was able to start rebuilding sooner than later.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm just going to put it out there that psychologists tell you not to go to the spouse in the relationship for many reasons, not the least of which is that you're setting yourself up for a very dangerous situation. If the wife decided to go after me I could have been seriously injured or defamed. It's nice to tell someone what they should have done when you haven't been in that situation, but there is no way to tell how the spouse would react. I'm a relatively petite woman, so I make sure I do not put myself in situations in which it is impossible to protect myself.

Edit to add: he knew where I lived and had all of my contact information, so he very well could have come after me in anger too.

Also, I know women do it too. See my earlier post where I said exactly that.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    I'm just going to put it out there that psychologists tell you not to go to the spouse in the relationship for many reasons, not the least of which is that you're setting yourself up for a very dangerous situation. If the wife decided to go after me I could have been seriously injured or defamed. It's nice to tell someone what they should have done when you haven't been in that situation, but there is no way to tell how the spouse would react. I'm a relatively petite woman, so I make sure I do not put myself in situations in which it is impossible to protect myself.

Edit to add: he knew where I lived and had all of my contact information, so he very well could have come after me in anger too.

Also, I know women do it too. See my earlier post where I said exactly that.

This is true. A lot of people are armed. Why create extra problems for yourself. Cheaters will be caught sooner or later.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    People won't always tell you how they feel..but they will show you...ghosting sucks but let's be honest hun..even if he said he I'm not into you...that hurts too. I'd say let it go and do something nice for yourself
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    I lost half of my post ugh...I meant to also say the chances something happened to him are really small so don't let your mind go there...also there's someone else meant for you..and this guy just got out of his way...hugs