WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2017

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,319 Member
    [quote="KetoneKaren;c-39909509

Lanette!), steaming veggies, and even heating up leftovers that don't fare as well in the microwave. One of the best Christmas gifts I have ever received! (From my partner - I waited until it went on sale and then put it on my wish list <3)

Karen in Virginia[/quote]

Karen - I was just thinking it's time to unbox that instant pot and make some chicken soup/stew with leftover rotisserie chicken and veggies in the freezer. Being able to dump it all in "cold" sounds nice and quick. So thank you!!

I'm heading into town this afternoon to take a Master Gardener class on noxious weeds. I know we've had a few pop up in our lawn and flower beds in the past few years that are on the "really bad" list and we get rid of them right away - I still see lots in fields and by the roadsides, and I don't think people are aware they can crowd out pasture and poison livestock. So will see what can be done about it.

Keep cool ladies!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm in Tampa for the Moose convention. The room is nice but the fridge we are paying $10 a day for is the smallest mini fridge you can find. They should be ashamed. Wishing you all a wonderful day.

Love,
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
  • MartiB856
    MartiB856 Posts: 85 Member
    :wink:
  • pipcd34
    Z
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    <3
    Sarah
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    nighty night, it has been a day..
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,558 Member
    nighty night, it has been a day..

b1jqq2h7sfo8.png

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,060 Member
    I've had my Instant Pot for about a year and absolutely love it. Still haven't tried the yougurt function, but meats, stews, veges and sauces...yes! Well worth the investment. It's on the countertop all the time, right next to the stove. Thinking of ribs this weekend...anyone have oven or instant pot recipes to share?

Allie: That was some interesting intel from your friend who works same place as Tomcat. Karma, gotta love it.

DJ: Enjoy Tampa. Bummer about the fridge. :(

I just got back from walking 2 miles to pick up our Subaru from the repair shop. It needed new fuel lines. Always something with a '99, but it's such a good car, I just can't bring myself to trade in for a newer model.

Stay well friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: Thinking of you, as are others. I hope your attorney is able to get you a very good deal. :heart:

Beth: (((HUGS)))

Barbie: Congrats on over ten thousand steps before going to dance. You are amazing & I admire you. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: The rental car will be provided by the insurance policy of the person who hit my car. My own insurance policy wouldn't pay for it. We have the same insurer as one another. I guess it gets it paid from her policy because she was at fault. The raccoon abatement is done, and appears to have been done well. We sent them down with my phone and had them take pictures. :devil: We lead a very quiet life and it amazes me that we have had both of these things going on in the same week. :noway:

Wishful: Welcome back! Participating in the discussion has helped keep me focused and on task. Don't hesitate to jump in with advice, support or questions. :smiley:

Lanette: You are lucky to be affiliated with the master gardener program. I think about getting in touch with the extension agent here, but I keep giving myself excuses about having enough time. I have filled up my available free time now so I may consider it in the future. :star:

JennieLee: I love the squirrel photos. We have gray squirrels here, but my daughter had black ones in Longmont, CO. The story is that the original settlers there were from the Chicago area and brought squirrels with them. :smiley:

I went to yoga today for the first time since my car was hit in the fitness center parking lot. (It goes into the shop next week for repair.) It felt good to be at the gym. I hope to go again tomorrow and I don't see a conflict on my calendar at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We spent a couple of hours washing down our deck and are partly done. We plan to finish tomorrow. We lost good visibility today as the shade crept over the work area. To do this right, a person needs to see in bright light and we didn't get started until after 11 am today.

I had a call from my daughter last night. She is travelling to Colorado for the weekend. Her DMIL and the three kids are all along for the trip. DD wanted to borrow an audible book from me to take on the car trip, and we arranged for her to borrow one of mine. Then I told her about library to go. Our library is a subscriber, and we can check out thousands of books to read on electronic devices and audio books are also available. It turns out that her library is also a participant. I think she'll be signing up for it as soon as she gets home from this trip.

Have a great day!

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"So many of us believe in perfection, which ruins everything else, because the perfect is not only the enemy of the good; it's also the enemy of the realistic, the possible and the fun."

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Hello, Marvelous Mavens;

I made it to the gym this morning! Morning is so much better for me... and because I had no cooking to do (leftover Moroccan Chicken for dinner) I was even able to do some weights and my much loved abdominal machine. So, tonight, I can go home, heat up the leftovers, and settle in for my evening - with time enough to watch a little TV and still get to bed at a reasonable hour. *sigh* SO much better than having to hit the gym after work.

Barbie - Thank you. I am in "Just Do It" mode most of the time - I try to be positive - but, mostly, I just don't have time to complain... lol.

Meredith - gratz on the smaller pants. Size 6 is a long time in my future... but, someday... I think a size six is totally within the frame of reality for me... someday.

Michele - alas - when I am tired, I generally succumb to chocolate, or some other horrible-for-me comfort food.

Katla - Thanks! Most of my 16's fit perfectly - but, I have this ONE pair of white Jordache skinny jeans.... *sighs* My current mini goal is to lose enough to shimmy into them before Labor Day. I mean, geez - they are WHITE. If I manage it, I will post a picture. Right now, even a streetwalker wouldn't wear them, they are soooo tight. And the library system is awesome. It's amazing how much cool stuff you can borrow from ours.

NYKaren - Hi Sugar! Hope you got your chores done... Wrought iron looks so pretty when it's all painted. And thanks... now that I have fewer morning obligations, I will have time to get more lifting done. I started, today!

Wishful - I am right there with you... I swear, I hit a new low and then go on a chocolate bender. I have some weird stuff going on in my head, sometimes. But, you just get up and try to do better the next day. Thankfully, so far, I have been able to pull myself back from the brink before I did too much damage to my success. I really, really, REALLY never want to wear 3x again...

Rori - DH and I have always sworn we were going to buy a Subaru... I remember every time the weather was awful and people in their big trucks were spinning out and stuff, the folks in the Subaru would be tooling right along... it was a pretty powerful example of what great cars they are. Besides - a paid-for car is always a good thing - until the repairs get truly ridiculous. We always though $14-1500 a year in repairs was cheaper than a car payment... and it was. :( Can't wait to get this one paid off!

Man, all this Instant Pot talk... I really love my crockpot - but, now I am thinking I might have to give the instant pot a spin... I bet my crockpot recipes would translate pretty well... and/or maybe some of the things that are less than stellar in the crock might be good in the Instant Pot. DH gets his first retirement check, next month - so maybe I will splurge on one of those. It would be nice to be able to whip up some stew in a shorter time than 8 hours... lol.

Anyway - I have to run... things to do before I can take off for some delicious leftovers.

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

I just didn't have it today...

**wahoo hrm not recording right all the time :0/ **

bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.43min. 135mhr, 15mph, 2.9mi = 96c
    apple watch- 85c
    Plyometrics exercises- 33.56min, 4ets of 10each, squats, squats w/jump, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches w/8# weights, push-ups, hamstring leglifts w/8# weight, crunches, sit-ups w/8# weights, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, all 4's elbow to knee,
    pelvic lifts w/8# weight, 133mhr = 141c
    apple watch- 175c
    Ski Machine- 11min, 3incl, 20-25resist, 119mhr, .54mi = 85c
    apple watch- 85c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.20min, 13.3amph, 133mhr. 1.4mi = 64c
    apple watch- 46c
    bike ride from puyallup 2 sumn station- 15.15min, 12amph, 139mhr, 3mi= 121c
    apple watch- 109c
    walk station 2 wk- 8.01min, 3.7amph, 132mhr, .4mi = 49c
    apple watch- 45c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.10min 9.53min mi, 144mhr .5mi = 63c
    apple watch- 57c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.05min, 8.7amph, 153mhr, 2.6mi = 195c
    apple watch- 161c

total cal 833
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Me and my little dog are off to see my daughter tomorrow. Driving 10 hours. They have sold their home in the city and are moving to a farm, so she asked if I could come and help her pack. Future son-in-laws mom is going to be there too, so should go quickly.

Hugs everyone

Paula Y.
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Good evening. I have to read all the posts or I feel like I will miss something lol. We leave tomorrow to drive down to the MS gulf coast for a week. DH and I grew up there so it is always fun to go "home".
    Mary - I know this is late to the conversation but I think you are amazing and look wonderful. You have been so supportive and kind to me and I really appreciate you.
    Good to see all the newbies. I also am my own worst enemy when it comes to weight loss. But I agree with Re, pick yourself up and start a new day.
    I will try to check in to see what's up.
    SueBDew in TX
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,331 Member
    Did 50 minutes of the Gilad Quick Fit Body Sculpt DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the water class.

katla - the reason the gal asked to bury her cat in our back yard is because she moved here from her farm in NY where she always buried her pets. Now she lives in an apt complex and they would probably frown on burying your pets on the property. Trying to make light here: it's a good thing the police didn't see it....lol The cat had rigor mortis (I probably spelled that wrong) even in his tail so it was LONG. After we covered the dog, put grass seed and straw on top, it honestly looked like a grave for a person....

Beth - I know that in some places (I'm not sure where, tho) it's illegal to bury pets on your property, so I first asked Vince. Since we don't live within the city limits, he felt it was probably fine. Really, it's not like burying a person, so I just felt "if I were in her situation, I would like someone to do something like that for me". I've never seen boneless skinless chicken legs, either. What I have done is bought legs and taken the skin off them.

Meg - I just washed that blanket and the grease stain never completely came out. I put the Spray and Wash stuff on it, let the Dawn sit on it, scrubbed it after putting the Dawn on. Well, at least it's a small spot and it's on the blanket that's for us, not one of the ones for the girls. No one will probably see it.

Dana - when Vince was little he made one of those handprints for his mother. It's hanging up in the condo right now.

Decided on my exercise for next week. Even picked out the DVD's that I'll take with me the following week when I go to Jess' and then Greg's.

Wishful - welcome to a great place

Where do you keep appliances? I tend to keep mine in my cabinets. I really don't like things out. To me, it looks "neater" if things are put away.

DJ - I have never heard of a hotel charging you for a mini fridge. Ours always comes with the room. Have a good time.

We sanded the front door and side windows the other day. This morning I washed them down so they could dry and then Vince tried staining them. He had planned to use only one brush which is why I wasn't doing any. Well, it seems that the stain isn't really doing the job (I think the door was stained before). He's going to try staining it but a different way (instead of using a brush, he's going to try using an old rag). If that doesn't work, looks like we'll have to prime the door then paint. I also put down weed killer. In the afternoon went in the pool

After dinner went to AC Moore and got some more E6000. I was going to show a picture of my ant to the gal who helped me there, but I totally forgot my phone. Well, Vince is going to have to go back to see about wire to hold this grumpy cat on the fence. It's not a real grumpy cat, but it looks like one

Re: when I get a craving for something chocolatey, I usually can get my "fix" with one of those chocolate bran muffins. A positive is that there is so much oat bran in them that it makes me want to drink a lot. I usually have at least 24oz with each even 1/2 a muffin. I like to exercise in the morning, too. I just can't bring myself to do it later in the day. Jessica loves the insta pot that I gave her.

rparkerslim - welcome. You won't be the new kid on the block for long!!!

Remember I was telling you all about the lady who is in the hospital, we took their dog to the vet? She's the one I used to tell you about who really needed to lose weight, but the food she would eat! Well, as you know she was in the hosp and her husband was, too. He came home. Yesterday he put her in hospice and today she passed. I do hope the memorial service isn't when I'm in VA. I would love to go, but my daughter comes first.

Michele in NC