Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Can we name our next challenge?
    I liked that this one was called Ready For Summer.

How about Summer Heat, or Fall Fashion, or something a lot better :)
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I like Summer heat :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Ditto on "Summer Heat" as a challenge name ... even though for some of us it's the Winter Chill season.

Also ... Whoever the moderator for this challenge is going to be, whether Robin or Karen or someone else ... just to clear up any housekeeping rules on the challenge ...
    1 - Are we keeping this open for people to join in at a later time during the 10-weeks the challenge runs (we have in the past),
    2 - Can we use our own format for what starting weight is the standard to use ... a particular date, the first weight we report during the challenge, the weight we where when we started our journey?
    3 - In the past, we have used Sunday as the last day of the reporting week, starting fresh again on Monday ... is that the run of time for this challenge? And, we have used Wednesday dates of the week as the target reporting day, although it was open as to which day we actually posted on.
    4 - Is someone going to report group results every week?

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Love the name for the challenge.

As far as format, I just copied what we used for past challenges; I would say yes to questions 1, 2, and 3 from niki. As for #4, I have no intention of being the keeper of the numbers during the challenge. I'm an English teacher, and math is not my friend. LOL!

AFM-- I was very happy to see 197 on the scale this morning. Crossing my fingers for 196.anything on Saturday.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 - 202.5
    7. June 7 - 201.6
    8. June 14 - 200.2
    9. June 21 - 199.6
    10. June 28 - 197
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 -

Weight -/+ this week: -2.6
    Weight -/+ total: - 2.8
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I vote "Summer Heat" for the challange name too!
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I offered to help out tracking the numbers about a couple weeks ago but received no response at all :neutral:

Would be great if we could have additional goals besides weight ... not sure what would be easiest to track as a group, but open to all suggestions :smiley:
  • jam5660
    Options
    @happygirlxxx I won't be able to do the tracking so whomever does it is fine with me. :D;)
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (week of April 19): 281
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 265

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 281
    2. May 3 - 280
    3. May 10 - 280
    4. May 17 - 277
    5. May 24 - 274
    6. May 31 - 276
    7. June 7 - 274
    8. June 14 - 270
    9. June 21 - 269
    10. June 28 - 271

Weight -/+ this week: + 2
    Weight -/+ total: -10
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yay! Happy girl can track....

@KAREN ditto for me , I teach esl and art to kids. It takes me awhile to get my own correct , I can just imagine whAt I would do with that responsibility. :#

• trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I nominate @happygirlxxx to be the official tracker for the next challenge. Anyone second that nomination?

AFM I've been able to keep to my new ceiling, 195. I went past it once but just barely and was back under the next day. "you shall not pass" rings in my head when I go to the kitchen to graze and has been super helpful. I love LOTR!
  • Nikion901
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi all - I offered to help out tracking the numbers about a couple weeks ago but received no response at all :neutral:
    I nominate @happygirlxxx to be the official tracker for the next challenge. Anyone second that nomination?
    newjax2017 wrote: »
    Yay! Happy girl can track....

@happygirlxxx ; @RobinB0812 had also offered to track (back a few days ago) ... so work it out between you two ...
    It's just so GREAT <3 to have several people come to the plate for this task ... that's what keeps it rolling forward! And, I feel it is important that someone does because the fact that it is looked at and tallied to give group results, and maybe a few koodoes along the way that makes us a group and not just random virtual 'talking' heads.

And Ana, Karen (Skinnyjeanz) made suggestions but left it optional for each person to decide if and what they would track ... so those would be personal and optional. Here are her suggestions ...

Optional Challenges--

x steps/day OR x miles/day

Feel free to add a goal of days/week you will meet this goal if you aren't shooting for everyday--
    EX: 10k steps/day for 5/7 days

Or, you can make it a weekly goal--
    EX: 25 miles/week

If you prefer not to do steps or miles, customize to meet your needs--
    EX: strength training 4/7 days per week
    OR x/30 day plank challenge

Nutrition:
    x glasses water/day
    x grams of protein/day
    at or under calorie allowance 5/7 days per week

AFM ... my biggest physical challenge is keeping upright and walking so if I do anything additional it will be to walk more and a bit farther/longer every week than the week before so that perhaps I will be able to improve my physical limitation.

:) being a bookkeeper at heart, I know we have 9 people already expressing a desire/intention to be part of the next challenge we have. In the one that ends tomorrow, we had 48 people sign on during the course of the challenge ... however we had less than half report weights last week, and this week, which finishes tomorrow, we've so far only had 16 people report in .... so tracking can take some time to do. Lots of pages to scroll through and notes to take down besides doing some simple math ... adding, subtracting, dividing, and maybe figuring percentages.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    KarenLeona
    Height: 5'11

Start Weight 329.8

Goal Weight (week of June 28) 310

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 327.4
    2. May 3 326.4
    3. May 10 330
    4. May 17 327.4
    5. May 24 away
    6. May 31 326
    7. June 9 326
    8. June 14 329.4
    9. June 21. 326.8
    10. June 30. 326.8
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ total. -3

Not even close to my goal!! But at least not a gain. And I am more aware of what I am eating and trying to increase activity so that is a bonus for me. Will keep trying with the next challenge.
    Along the active living theme...I took my 9 year old grandson out for an hour walk a few days ago and have several more planned. Also I cut all the lawns yesterday, cleaned up the driveway where the garbage cans sit and fixed a hole in the back yard that the dogs had dug. While mowing the back I tripped in one of the holes and landed on my ribs and hurt my back. Was in so much pain I went to the hospital and got some meds and X-rays. I can move a little bit today but still very sore.

Karen
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ready for Summer 10 week challenge

Name: Linda
    Height: 5 ft 2

Weight on Feb 19th - 322lbs or 23 stone in the language of my people

Start Weight (week of April 19): 303.5lbs
    Goal Weight (Saturday, July 1st): 288.5lbs

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26: 303.5lbs
    2. May 3: 304.5lbs
    3. May 10: 301.75 lbs
    4. May 17: 305lbs - 60th birthday in the past week. And I enjoyed it! Kitten to the weight gain >:)
    5. May 24: 303lbs
    6. May 31: 301.5lbs
    7. June 7: 300lbs
    8. June 14: 296.5lbs
    9. June 21: 295lbs
    10. June 28: 294lbs – B)B) That’s 21 stone to me! A mini goal.
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1: 294lbs

Weight -/+ this week: -1lbs
    Weight -/+ total: -9.5lbs
    Weight lost since 19th Feb: - 28lbs

Another one not making my challenge target, but as said before, I was ambushed by medication that I didn’t expect when starting. No matter, still lost @1lb a week over all, and for me the best bit is having lost 2 stone/28lbs since I started this weight loss attempt in mid February.

To celebrate, I dug out the “too small” clothes from under the bed. Result – 6 pairs of jeans, cotton trousers and black work trousers into service (don’t need the work stuff anymore, but I had 3 brand new pairs under there!! :o ). A similar number of "too bigs" hoicked out of the wardrobe and either going to charity or gardening duty. Tomorrow I am tackling the tops, blouses etc. Never want to see those sizes again – ever.

I won't join the next challenge, I have another new medication to try starting next week, my BP had not reduced at all at my Dr’s appointment yesterday, despite losing weight since the last time. Chances are this new stuff will take time to adjust and I may have side effects. Until I’m settled, it doesn’t seem right to maybe drag down the team.

If I may, I might just post personal updates sometimes when I have anything major to report, and will keep reading your inspirational posts. It has been great to share with all of you across the pond, thank you for your support. There are too many lovely people to mention but the “team” has done such a great job, so many losing well, a few struggling but hanging in there and going for it again. I hope those with illness, injuries and troubles heal soon, and our recorder for this challenge, Helene, finds a job where she is treated properly. Good luck all, and thanks for everything!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @linda-- please do keep checking in! And even if you don't want to join in the scale challenge, feel free to add a personal challenge if you think it will help you--especially if you get doctor's orders to, for example, limit sodium. That's so great that you have some "new" clothes to wear. Shopping in my own closet is absolutely my favorite part of getting fitter. :smile:

@karenleona -- Ouch! I'm so sorry you hurt yourself and hope you heal quickly. I also will not even come close to my goal, but like you, I'm just happy to be a few lbs lighter and, more importantly, much more serious about meeting my calorie goal each day.

@niki-- thanks for re-posting the optional challenge suggestions for everyone. :smile:

@trinati-- congrats on keeping the wizard's command in your head. LOL

@newjax-- Yes! I'm always double-checking my own numbers with a calculator. I'm always right (I mean, I CAN add and subtract, LOL) but I just always second guess myself.

@ladana-- congrats on 10 lbs in 10 weeks!

Friday Fitness:
    I've not done any "formal" exercise this week, but was very active. As I mentioned earlier, I did a lot of walking while in Grand Rapids. Then, on Wed. I helped a friend with cleaning out her parents' house (both have passed) in preparation for an estate sale, and today I mowed the lawn. Of course, I also walked gunner every day I was in town.

I also started a daily plank challenge for myself. I don't have a number of days b/c I don't plan to ever stop. Before my shoulder injury, I could a proper forearm plank for almost 90 seconds and was almost up to 20 army-style push ups. Now I'm back to straight-arm planks, and I haven't even attempted the push ups yet. After 3 days, I'm up to 52 seconds on the plank, and my goal is to get back to where I was pre-injury.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (week of May 24): 199.8
    Goal Weight (week of June 28): 193

Weigh in week of:
    5. May 24 -199.8
    6. May 31 - 202.5
    7. June 7 - 201.6
    8. June 14 - 200.2
    9. June 21 - 199.6
    10. June 28 - 197

Weight -/+ this week: -2.6
    Weight -/+ total: - 2.8

• cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Name: cellosmiles
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (Apr27): 248
    Goal Weight (July 1): 228 - see my husband again

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 - 248
    2. May 3 - 243
    3. May 10 - 240
    4. May 17 - 239.5
    5. May 24 - 239
    6. May 31 - 236.5
    7. June 7 - 235 :smiley:
    8. June 14 - 234
    9. June 21 - 233.5
    10. June 28 - 232.5 B)

Weight -/+ this week: -1
    Weight -/+ total -15.5

Not gonna make my goal....but it was a lovely ambitious goal....and i am VERY PROUD of my progress. :p
  • jam5660
    Options
    Fitness friday: I hit and exceeded my steps goal 4 of 5 days this week. Also hit the gym 2x as well. Looking forward to doing the same next week too! Also I have had to up the resistance on the elliptical to get my heart rate up to 135.

Now if only I could be that diligent about what it takes to get my mental health into the fit catagory. I am such a "giver" and "fixer" for everyone else that I end up giving until there is nothing left but resentment. I am learning to set boundaries for myself and others. I think this is harder than losing weight. :s
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    One thing that I've realized is that I'm trying to make a lifestyle change so I really want to be able to eat "normal". Meaning that when the family goes out for pizza I need to be able to eat pizza without over indulging. There are times that we've gone out for pizza and I just get a salad but I feel like I'm dieting and I feel like I missed out. So I have to figure out how to have the best of both worlds.

I decided that for now I have to make a plan in advance until that plan can become my go to normal. So here is what my plan was for tonight.

Thin crust pizza, then I decided to go with a vegi combo. A salad with blue cheese dressing (less likely to drip pizza into blue cheese) that comes with the pizza not before. No salad dressing on pizza. And I pretracked two pieces of pizza knowing I could have 3 if I wanted.

The plan worked. I was able eat like a normal person and not over indulge. I forgot to say that I also drank my 24oz of water before we left.

Please no one get offended by my use of normal.
    I'm not trying to exclude anyone or say that your normal is abnormal. I hope that people understand without being offended.

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    "You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."
  • Nikion901
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ready For Summer 10 week Challenge

Name: Niki
    Height: 5’3”

Start Weight (week of April 19) 241.2
    Goal Weight (week of June 28) 228.4

Weigh in week of:
    1. April 26 241.6
    2. May 3 239.0
    3. May 10 238.4
    4. May 17 241.0
    5. May 24 244.6
    6. May 31 241.0
    7. June 7 244.8
    8. June 14
    9. June 21 236.0
    10. June 28 235.6
    Final weight: Saturday, July 1 - 234.6

Weight -/+ this week: -1.2
    Weight -/+ total: -6.6

One scale weighs high, one scale weighs low, and a third scale weighs in the middle. ... time, yet again, to search for a better home scale ... no, not yet. Yet will be when I have that spot in either the kitchen or utility room where the scale can sit and NEVER be moved or lifted out of the way.