Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Can't everyone just use whatever starting weight they would like? If barb wants to start with Saturday's weight, she can , and if others want to start with today, they can. As long as people post it as their starting weight, it doesn't really matter which day they weighed, right?
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thanks @happygirlxxx for the clarification!! <3
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Jennie
    Height: 5' 4.5

Start Weight (July 5): 213.2
    Goal Weight (September 15): 204

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ challenge total:
    Weight loss so far:

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Drink 64oz water 7/7:
    2. 10,000 steps 6/7:
    3. Under cal goal 7/7:

Going ahead and posting last weigh in because today is cook out day for me and that way I have a week to get today's gain and hopefully a little more off by next week. The hitchs in the plan are: this weekend is also a scottish festival we go to every year, and you know what happens when you eat fried, salty festival food!!! But all the walking and upping water should help. This is also TOM week so I may just be doomed for a gain!!! But we will see!!!

Have a happy and safe 4th!!! I know I am celebrating my independence from these last 41lbs!!
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Name: Jennifer
    Height: 5' 6"

Start Weight (July 5): 222.2
    Goal Weight (September 15): 208.2

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far:

1. None, recovering from back injury is my only goal.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi All,

So, for those who would like to participate the template is below and weigh-in days will remain Wednesdays since everyone I think got used to the process by now. I will reporting the weekly updates every Thursday.
    Can't everyone just use whatever starting weight they would like? ... As long as people post it as their starting weight, it doesn't really matter which day they weighed, right?
    Hi All,
    you can weight the day that best fits your schedule, but just to make it easier to keep track I need a date to close the week, so I chose Wednesday and to report Thursday (before the weekend starts). So for example, the report on Thursday, July 13, will count all entries from Thursday, July 6 until Wednesday, July 12.

:s:o:s ... I'd like to pop in to this discussion ... Ana is the moderator/leader of this challenge and we need to cooperate with what fits her ability to track and post ... and not all be off doing 'our own thing' ... because then it's not a group but just a bunch of people. That said ... The only departure is which dates will be included in the week's tally. Wednesday CUTS OFF the week instead of being in the middle of the week.

:):):) Now for the GOOD NEWS .... you have 7 days of the week to weigh in and use that weight for your reporting. Just use the date in the template as your marker for the week's end.

:p:p Another piece of Good News ... last challenge people wanted to report how much weight they lost not just with the challenge but from the start of their weight loss journey .... and a row for that has been added to the template. Just don't use that original high weight for the starting weight. Please do use a weight you had within the 7 days ending with July 5th,

B)
    Niki ... And everyone have fun today who celebrates 4th of July .... remember, it's a day to celebrate this nation and that does not mean you need to overeat to the point of bloated belly. A higher calorie and salt intake today might raise your weight tomorrow ... but it should be gone by next Wednesday.
  • Nikion901
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)
    Amvets is coming tomorrow to pick up ... I made a big pile for a donation when I cleaned out my spare room office to turn it into a guest/office room. Today I need to finish going through the books I packed up into boxes for the office demolition and weed through them ... 2/3 have got to go to have room for books in the new space. That's gonna be a tough task today. Tonight I need to finish setting up the area on the front porch so that the pickup crew will not confuse my porch furniture with the donations, as there are a couple pieces of furniture in the donation pile. Also, today is Senior Discount day at my local grocer (1st Tues of the mo) and a good opportunity to stock up on staples for the month at a 6% savings ... but I need to clean up the pantry before I go to the store with my list. Also, I might as well do my regular weekly grocery shopping ... which means the fridge needs a clean out as well. .... Hmmm .... That's a heck of a lot of stuff to do today. Guess I'll skip the parade and picnic a friend is hosting afterwards, and also skip going downtown for fireworks tonight.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx don't change the template, I'll just do what Karen suggested and put in my weight from 7/1 as my starting weight. Sorry, I wasn't trying to make anything harder for you. I actually never met for anything to change date wise, except for the starting weight date. Thank you again for doing this for us!
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This is kind of a Tuesday - Goals, Thursday - truth posting for me. I am pushing myself to do more things with friends, family and new acquaintances, so today I'm driving about two hours to celebrate the 4th. I would rather stay home and read a book. The truth is, I used to be very outgoing, always with friends and on the go. Over the years as I have gained and gained and gained that has changed to my being a very introverted person. I go to my part time job, and once a week to dinner with my sister and brother in law and that's about it. There are many activities here where I live that I could participate in but my weight has made me so self-conscious that I don't go. I figure that realizing what I've become (a stay at home "poop head" ) LOL is the first part to changing.

@Nikion901 is sounds like you have a ton to do, but the 4th only comes once a year and who knows what next year will bring, I think you should try to go to at least one of the thinks you're giving up, i.e. the parade, the picnic or the fireworks. Can't you have the books picked up at another time? That would take one item off your list. How about waiting a day or two for your weekly shopping and just do the stock up item today? That would take 2 more things off your list. As for your porch, won't you be home to guide the pick up crew so they get everything but don't take anything they shouldn't? You are really pushing yourself and giving up precious time with friends. I know I shouldn't be saying anything after just confessing how introverted I've become - just wishing you the best, whatever you end up doing today! :)
  • cedar2526
    cedar2526 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Name: Jackie
    Height: 5'6"

Start Weight (July 5): 260
    Goal Weight (September 15): 244

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
  • trinati2001
    trinati2001 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Fun way to start the 4th... Go for a 5K walk! I beat my goal time with a 15.2 min/mile pace and was able to finish before my hubby completed his 10K which was my second goal.
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Jo
    Height: 161 cm

Start Weight (July 5): 181.6 lbs
    Goal Weight (September 15): 166

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far: 51.2 lbs

1. Eat at calorie goal
    2. Keep carbs under 100
    3. 12 glasses water

So, I am going to try for 15 pounds this time and hope I make it because as I have mentioned I find summer very challenging. Just sitting around the shop for so many hours all I can think about is (junk) food. However according to the LIBRA app, that would put me a bit into the overweight category and THAT will make me ecstatic.
    cheers everyone, Good Luck !!!!
  • lydda2017
    lydda2017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here. Been using this app since May 18. Started at 284 pounds, now at 274. So happy to discover all the different communities. My goal is 169 pounds. I've been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and fibromyalgia in 2010. Struggling with exercising because last year had two back surgeries and my joints don't help much. I'm happy to be here. I'm from Puerto Rico and I'll be honored to be your friend.
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    pneschich wrote: »
    My victory. 115 pounds ago this would have been physically impossible. Now, today wasn't perfect. The wind was light and dropped to gone offshore. I'm rusty and haven't quite found my balance. But I did it!

Yes, you did!! Wow, that's a NSV if I ever saw one! :o You must have felt amazing. Congratulations B)
  • Nikion901
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Niki
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (July 5): 236
    Goal Weight (September 15): 231

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far:

1. More consistency in daily calorie intake ... say within 100 from day to day
    2. Steady increase in walking (city streets) ... both in time and duration
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

For those in the US I hope you had a fab 4th of July celebration!

I spent part of the day going through what I need to take to Italy and then went to my neighbors that were hosting a BBQ. I ate before I went, so would not be tempted and I was doing well until the drinks came along ... I didn't go over my calories, but would have prefer not to "drink back" my workout calories (because even though I am in better shape than when I started, it still hard to exercise!) ... anyway, today is a new day and we are ready to start the new challenge!

I have not loss weight this last week, so I am starting at the same weight I finished previous challenge:

SUMMER HEAT!!

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (July 5): 166.3 lbs
    Goal Weight (September 15): 150 lbs

1. July 12:
    2. July 19: Last week in the US
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9: Birthday week!
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far:

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals to achieve:
    1. Drink 8+ glasses of water per day
    2. Remain at the calorie level 5+days a week and keep carbohydrates max 20%
    3. Workout 4+ times a week and 10K step daily
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @pneschich what an amazing NSV!! I am really happy for you! I can only imagine the feeling ... doesn't mater if it wasn't as graceful and elegant as before .... I am sure, it felt perfect (even with the jellyfish :wink: ).

Congratulations!!
  • pinelopi22
    pinelopi22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge!

Name: Wendy
    Height: 5'5"

Start Weight (July 5): 206.5
    Goal Weight (September 15): 190

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far:

1. Stick with my no-to-low-carb eating plan (with minimal, pre-designated days of indulgence)
    2. Walk (briskly) for 15 minutes, four times per week in addition to any other physical activity
    3. Drink 64 ounces of plain water per day
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat!! Challenge (90 days)...

Name: Barney
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (July 5): 252.0
    Goal Weight (September 15): 225.0

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far (since 1/1/2017): 65.0

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals I would like to achieve this summer:
    1. add walking indoors 3x/week.
    2. add resistance exercises (weight lifting), 1x to 3x per week.
    3. monitor weight loss & daily calories and adjust weekly, if necessary, due to additional exercise.