No Calorie Sodas and Weight

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I've never noticed them doing me any harm. That said, I make sure that's not ALL I drink, because acidic soda is not the best thing for your teeth all the time.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    To drink water all day your tastebuds must be shot. Those people will eat less. That's my observation.
    Those that crave diet sodas have a craving for taste.... they like food more... they tend to weigh more.

taste buds are shot? Seriously? Not quite....

After a certain point, usually weeks or months, my taste buds literally won't let me keep drinking water...

So the flavor packets come out for a couple weeks or a month.

Same. Crystal Light or diet soda to keep me sane at that point.

Peach-flavored, right, @stanmann571? ;)
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    To drink water all day your tastebuds must be shot. Those people will eat less. That's my observation.
    Those that crave diet sodas have a craving for taste.... they like food more... they tend to weigh more.

taste buds are shot? Seriously? Not quite....

After a certain point, usually weeks or months, my taste buds literally won't let me keep drinking water...

So the flavor packets come out for a couple weeks or a month.

Same. Crystal Light or diet soda to keep me sane at that point.

Peach-flavored, right, @stanmann571? ;)

Yeah... Uh huh :trollface:
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    ellie7187 wrote: »
    Awesome replies. And fits to what my common sense was telling me: if you track calories and know you have a deficit there's no way a zero calorie drink can cause weight gain.

It also reinstates the fact that I hate "weight loss studies" as they're often biased and pushing one agenda or another. Also, probably a lot of click bait as the diet industry is huge business.

Bingo.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Mika1221 wrote: »
    My advice, if you're going to drink diet soda, try one that doesn't have the aspartame in it, like diet Pepsi or diet coke with splenda.

No thanks. Diet Pepsi's change made it less palatable, and my mom even switched from CF Diet Pepsi to CF Diet Coke.

Also: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary

Same here! Sucralose (brand name = Splenda) is nasty tasting.

And it hasn't been as extensively studied as aspartame (mostly because it's newer).