Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• AskMorphis
    AskMorphis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Huge volume eater here, it's the only way I found to feel full.

So far, I'd say it's working, I have no reason to stop !
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I'm going aggressive for a couple days before vacation. If any of you thought shirataki noodles were bad (I love them)....you'll hate kelp noodles. But that volume. I can eat a lot of things but kelp noodles always sit in my cupboard until I'm desperate. The meal ended up being fine. I had them with shrimp, mushrooms, Liquid Aminos and chili garlic paste. It was like...170 calories lol.
  • DespiteMyself
    DespiteMyself Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    EmbeeKay wrote: »

Yes, it is annoying. It's not too bad if I have a small 3 quart pot of soup and I can easily weigh out the grams, but if I decide to cook a giant pot of soup or a couple of meatloaves or something, it is so much extra work to figure out calories per serving. Hopefully I can figure out a more streamlined method.

I make meatloaf all the time, but I dont follow a rigid recipe since I use whatever veg etc I have on hand. I just put it in the recipe builder as I make it, then weigh out individual servings as mini loaves/big meatballs before I bake them. Then its easy to list the number of servings on the recipe builder. No math! Then the next time I make a batch for the freezer I just edit the recipe. Quick, precooked protein that nukes in 2 minutes from frozen and is crazy versatile. I do basically the same thing with soup.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Large salad with peppers, feta, corn and tomato salsa topped with a big black bean burger. Watermelon for dessert. Happy Saturday eaters!

Is the black bean burger homemade? If so, would you mind sharing your recipe?
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Trader Joe's chili lime chicken burger spring salad mixed with plain coleslaw for crunch with bolt house farms salsa ranch ahhhh mazing volume food! 250 cals 20 G protein. Highly recommend! Add black beans too!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I stumbled unto this thread. Formally obese, I've found the only way to control my weight is by eating boat loads of green foods like kale and broccoli, both of which are in my top 3 most frequent food.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Great recipients for vegetarian big eaters. Would be good with chicken too. I ate all 4 servings and it came it at about 550 cals. Add some red pepper flakes for some heat.

https://food52.com/recipes/56914-thai-zoodles-with-tofu-and-crushed-peanuts
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    This is my kind of thread. Will definitely have to read this to get new ideas & recipes.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Where do you guys get most of your produce? The cheapest places?

I have Wal-Mart, Giant, Aldis, Target, Weis, Food Lion (has a different name but forget off the top of my head), Grocery Outlet (their produce seems more expensive & smaller).

Do you use frozen or fresh more?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Where do you guys get most of your produce? The cheapest places?

I have Wal-Mart, Giant, Aldis, Target, Weis, Food Lion (has a different name but forget off the top of my head), Grocery Outlet (their produce seems more expensive & smaller).

Do you use frozen or fresh more?

I buy the bags of frozen veggies. Usually on sale for less than a dollar a bag.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I use mostly fresh from Publix or the Farmers Market, but huge bags of frozen broccoli. I tend to eat what's in season - like right now, strawberries are buy 1, get 2 free. Watermelon and corn are also super cheap this time of year.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I've not been a fan of a lot of frozen veggies but the Green Giant "riced" cauliflower mixes are really great. I have plain cauli, one with broccoli, one with sweet potato, and one that has peas and onions and some other things but none of them have any seasoning or anything and cook up perfect really fast. I don't do anything saucy with them as fresh cauliflower can get too mushy if not careful and I suspect the frozen would even more so. I mixed some with ground turkey last night and put it on some greens, with some tacos shells and sauce/salsa.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese was on sale. I am trying to remember, someone does a shirataki noodle laughing cow cheese thing?

So far I have tried it with whipped baked egg whites and in place of regular cheese for a fish burger. I am not happy about the protein content but it does add nice flavor for very little calories.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I think I might start messing with portabello mushrooms too.

Let's talk condiments. I only use hot sauce on salads. I also do my hot dog salad and hamburger salad and use the reduced sugar ketchup because I loooooove ketchup and want a lot. I personally am not offended by Walden Farms so I put the chipotle mayo on (just a little because it does taste a little...odd), but mixed with the hot sauce it makes a creamy dressing. I like the caramel, chocolate, and pancake syrup in my yogurt as well.

There's also a 10 calorie per serving BBQ sauce I love right now and am using in salads. It's called G. Hughes BBQ sauce.

What are your favorites all?

Will have to try the hot sauce on my salads & veggies. I know times when I was craving salt I would put hot sauce on popcorn.

Since I'm just getting back into eating high volume foods (have to lose around 50-60 pounds again & this time I'm going to stick with eating high volume once I get to maintenance) I don't have a lot of low calorie dressings. I do have some hot sauce & low calorie spicy mustards I bought from Wal-Mart awhile ago & forgot about.

This one isn't low calorie, but I've been digging the Wishbone Buffalo Ranch flavor (70 calories per serving).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    I bought the rice shirataki for the first time. Trying to think of what I want to have with it tonight. I've been eating a hot dog salad every night for like 3 weeks straight.

I'll have to check Wal-Mart or Giant when I need more groceries to look for the Shirataki mac & rice varieties.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I bought the rice shirataki for the first time. Trying to think of what I want to have with it tonight. I've been eating a hot dog salad every night for like 3 weeks straight.

I'll have to check Wal-Mart or Giant when I need more groceries to look for the Shirataki mac & rice varieties.

I've had the noodles and in soups they are ok if a bit chewy. I have the tofu fettucine in my fridge right now but just not pulling the trigger on it lol