Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    12774 wrote: »

You have so much on your plate , do you actually get to bed at 10pm?

Sometimes, for example I was in bed at 10:30 but fell asleep around 11pm. Staying busy suites me B) I don't watch TV unless it's movies with the family or before bedtime. My husband and I live by the philosophy that while your young you should work hard so you can enjoy your life when your not so young ;)

@cschmitz110515 I hope you enjoy, it's one of my favs!! I love cooking homemade food so I have alot of recipes. That's one thing I do well ➡️ planning meals in advance✔

@Saragirl2 "Recently cleaned out my fridge/freezer & decluttered my kitchen. I'm actually relaxed when I enter it now. My mood has improved & it leaves more room for inspiration to prep food. Need to maintain this! :smile:" ➡️I totally agree, we do this every weekend. When it doesn't get done, I'm less inspired to cook, Lol :)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

Recently cleaned out my fridge/freezer & decluttered my kitchen. I'm actually relaxed when I enter it now. My mood has improved & it leaves more room for inspiration to prep food. Need to maintain this! :smile: My kitchen is literally about a foot long and comprises of a quarter of my living room(I live in a two room cabin) and believe it or not, it's really hard to keep clean! So that's on my list of things to do today.

@MLHC1 I'm good at portioning out snacks into individual bags and things. And I make a list of dinners I want to make for the week but I have the hardest time sticking to it because life gets in the way. And no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the budget thing to work properly. I do it every month anyway and it seems to work partly but I can never get it down to that zero balance. Lol
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    JFT,7/11
    Its uncomfortably hot and humid. I had a doctors appt today and the traffic was awful getting.My GPS was not giving me an alternate route .
    Did 30 mins at the gym after my appt
  • MLHC1
    Options

@MLHC1 I'm good at portioning out snacks into individual bags and things. And I make a list of dinners I want to make for the week but I have the hardest time sticking to it because life gets in the way. And no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the budget thing to work properly. I do it every month anyway and it seems to work partly but I can never get it down to that zero balance. Lol

It takes practice. I find it's best to grocery shop over the weekend and preplan at least a week at a time. Once you stick to it one time, you'll see just how convenient it is. You save $ and eat healthier. My husband and I usually plan out a month in advance. However we didn't get good at it until we broke it down weekly first. My suggestion is to start small; give yourself a reasonable budget for a week and shop for it all at once. That is how I am able to manage my crazy life, having all my meals planned takes out the variable of "what to eat." (I even pack lunches and snacks everyday.) Sometimes I struggle though when I'm stressed, Lol :D
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

@junodog1 In case I ever decide to try wogging instead of walking with the dog, what C25K app are you using?

I downloaded ZenLabs C25K free app.

This morning I chose to move to W2 D1. I was afraid I would have problems, but it has worked out well so far. I live in an area with rolling hills. It is generally highly recommended that you start learning to run on flat land. I get on my flattest stretch of road (I live in the country) and try to run downhill and walk uphill. So far so good.
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/11 Tuesday JFT:

Attend Class✔
    Run on elliptical for 37 min.✔
    Physics HW and online HW ✔(1/3 done)
    Laundry✔
    Dinner by 7pm➡️8pm✔
    Bedtime by 10 pm➡️maybe midnight tonight :#

• HGSmith0920
    Options
    7/11/17
    1. Log all food :)
    2. Stay in the green :)
    3. Do some simple stretches to work out the sore muscles in my legs :)
    4. Arm weight training :/
    5. Finish the dishes :)And cleaned the whole front room
    6. Clean the bathroom :/On the List for tomorrow
    7. Study work materials :/On the list for tomorrow
    8. Look up books on selling techniques :/On the list for tomorrow Lol
    9. Make simple dinner for myself(DH works until close) :/Ate an energy bar, a pint of halo top ice cream, and two cups of popcorn...definitely not the best dinner
    10. Wind down by 11 :)Probably will happen. It's only 10:20 right now
    11. Bed by 12 :)Most likely!

Did A LOT of cleaning today. But it was only the front room(Two room house) but that included scrubbing my little kitchen, decluttering my shelves, cleaning and straightening up all the flat surfaces, and sweeping the floor(lots of cat hair). Made a huge batch of chicken in my crockpot, a pot full of rice to store in the fridge, and a big ol' container of egg salad. I also completely reworked next months budget so that I'm a little less stressed out about next month now(thank you @MLHC1 for the advice!). Spent an hour in meditation and prayer which was really nice. Didn't get nearly as much as I wanted to do though! So onto tomorrow, which also happens to be another day off!

Just For Tomorrow 7/12/17

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in the green
    3. Clean bathroom
    4. Clean next to the bed
    5. Finish laundry
    6. Study work materials
    7. Look for books on selling
    8. Work on reformatting book
    9. Dinner with the DH
    10. Wind down by 9pm
    11. Bed by 10pm
  • MLHC1
    Options
    7/12 Wednesday JFT:

Attend classes
    Tutoring
    (at university from 8 am - 5:30 pm)
    Dinner by 8 pm
    Physics HW and online HW
    Bedtime by midnight
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Still need to catch up on everyone's doings ...

JF Yesterday
    :) Bed by 11:00
    :) 10K Steps
    :) Stay Green on calories
    :/ Track Water Intake
    :( CS Terminal leave
    :( One load of Laundry
    :( Answer Resume team's questions

Regarding the last two - where did the day go when I got home? I walked in the house, put the groceries away, changed, came downstairs, started cooking dinner, watched jeopardy with the hubs while cooking, ate, fed horses, walk with dog, came back in, got caught up in web of TV. <--- There is the problem. I watched Bull last night. And I cleaned up my personal email box. I get sucked into the electronic traps. At least I got to bed at a decent hour.

JFT 07-12-2017 - same stuff different day
    Bed by 11:00
    10K Steps
    Stay Green on calories
    Track Water Intake
    CS Terminal leave
    One freaking load of laundry - just ONE
    Answer Resume team's questions
    5 fruit and veg
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Recap 7/11 T
    1) Two loads of laundry washed & on clothesline before work; evening, bring laundry in and put away :smile: Also collected 6 gallons water from rain barrels in anticipation of coming thunderstorms. :smile:
    2) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work, while clothes in washer; saw 2 bunnies. 3rd walk already this week. :smiley:
    3) Keep net calories w/i 100 of green = Another red day, just not as bad -254 :/
    4) Meditate in afternoon (shut door completely)...choir director set up 2 rehearsals for new pastor installation service, this will help w/ good breath control = used a beautiful nature & soft music for relaxation video on YouTube :smiley:
    5) Evening, prep veggies for lunches & snacks :(
    6) Unwind 9:00 / bed & TV off 10:15 = 10:13 :)

JFT 7/12 W -> Thunderstorms arrived early this morning as forecasted & I didn't need alarm clock. Kitty sure was jumpy. No dog walk today. :/
    1) Bakery birthday cake in the office today: marble (not my fav) and whipped icing (I dislike). Not worth the calories IMHO. Say no politely to cake when we gather this morning.
    2) Meditate in afternoon w/ door shut completely.
    3) After work, happy hour (drinks and food) with former colleagues & friends. Preview menu online, select something that might be on the healthy side (nothing fried!), and stick with choice. Enjoy one beer or wine while visiting.
    4) Try to get something done around house this evening. Check on Fitbit syncing, seems to be skipping again.
    5) Bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    missed gettting on here yesterday. I get so upset with myself -- what in the world is wrong with me!! I work out like crazy now - 60-90 minutes in the gym. I am finding I love it , but then, I overeat. I guess in my mind I tell myself I worked out, so it is OK to eat stuff I should not be eating. It is all backfiring on me.
    so

JFT, Wed
    1. go to zumba tonite
    2. only eat my alloted calories. NO more eating exercise calories! Stick to 1300-1400 calories today
    3. drink water
    4. cut up and purchase veggies for snacks

Keeping it simple, to try and get back in control
  • HGSmith0920
    edited July 2017
    Options
    7/11/17
    11. Bed by 12 :/Got involved with the DH and his friends online and didnt end up falling asleep until about 1:30am! Thank goodness I'm off today! Lol
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this thread. Here's my Just For Today:

<3 Drink plenty of water
    <3 Enjoy a healthy lunch
    <3 Rest today (today happens to be a rest day)
    <3 Prepare for tomorrow morning's workout
    <3 Clean sweep one room in my house
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @SiouxsieQue It took me a second but I got your username and I absolutely love it! Welcome! This is a great thread of people who love being here! We share our goals, successes, and failures and build each other up when we fail and join in the celebrations when we succeed! So welcome and enjoy the fun!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,216 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Feel like I’m missing so much!
    I was meant to have my first antenatal appointment today but they messed it up so had to rearrange for next Monday!
    Haven’t ate much recently, I’m literally put off by everything!
    Nothing like morning sickness to lose a couple of lbs haha

I’m glad you’re all still keeping up with goals even though I’m really not lol
    I haven’t even written anything
    Feel like my hard work had been put on hold atm

Missed you!! Hope the morning sickness goes away soon! Your goals now are different - eat as healthy as you can for that new little baby!!
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    @SiouxsieQue It took me a second but I got your username and I absolutely love it! Welcome! This is a great thread of people who love being here! We share our goals, successes, and failures and build each other up when we fail and join in the celebrations when we succeed! So welcome and enjoy the fun!

Thank you so much!!!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    7/12 Wednesday JFT:

Attend classes✔
    Tutoring✔
    (at university from 8 am - 5:30 pm)✔
    Dinner by 8 pm✔
    Physics HW and online HW ➡️in progress
    Bedtime by midnight ➡️this will be possible :)

I'm exhausted today!! Everyone have a blessed evening / day B)
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    JFT,7/12
    Woke up at 5 am to take my daughter to the Airport. Heard the night before that some of the airport employees were on union related go-slow. Fortunately, everything went smoothly for us and I was back home in record time. ( I live about 10 ( mins away)
    Of course, I went back to bed and did not feel like going to the gym or doing any physical activities today.
    Will try and tidy my room tonight.
    Hope to have more energy tomorrow.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Just For Tomorrow 7/12/17

1. Log all food :)
    2. Stay in the green :/In the red by a bit. I changed my calorie goal to a lower amount but I think I need to change it back because I'm having a hard time
    3. Clean bathroom :'(
    4. Clean next to the bed :)
    5. Finish laundry :/Forgot that mom asked me not to use the dryer during the week so I have to wait until this weekend
    6. Study work materials :/
    7. Look for books on selling :/
    8. Work on reformatting book :)Not only did I do this, but I set up my book that I can now sell it on Amazon as a paperback!
    9. Dinner with the DH :)
    10. Wind down by 9 pm :)Just updating my goals and then hitting the hay
    11. Bed by 10 pm :)I'm going to preemptively smile at this. Lol

So not only did I figure out the formatting issues I was having with the Kindle book, but I also took a step out in faith and signed up to have my book as a beta for a new Amazon service. Pretty much the service is a way of selling paperback books on Amazon.com without the author having to pay start-up costs. So when someone orders the book, Amazon will send it to the printer and then deduct the printing costs from the royalties I would receive. It seems like a really cool idea and is a great way to get my book out into the public with people who do not have the Kindle app. So we'll see!

Onto my goals,

1. Log all that I eat
    2. Stay in green
    3. Do a yoga workout before work
    4. Keep drawer balanced at work
    5. Ask for help if I need it
    6. Do a kettlebell workout when I get home since it's supposed to be in the 90's a humid.
    7. Leftovers for dinner
    8. Wind down by 8:30
    9. Bed by 9:30

Have a great night everyone!