No Calorie Sodas and Weight

Options
15678911»

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Actually, I'm less hungry on diet cola. I've gone from 45 BMI to 32.5 on diet cola. I have more energy (not a coffee drinker; not big on tea unless freezing or ill; don't eat chocolate regularly; diet cola is my caffeine source) and am able to stay up late and indulge my creative writing streak on diet cola.

Of course diet and exercise are the real reasons for weight loss, but diet cola helps me stick to the plan.
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    ellie7187 wrote: »
    Rob_in_MI wrote: »
    Blah to all the research, for or against it.

Now if you're ordering diet soda to justify the extra large fries in the drive thru? Yep, it'll make you fat.

Well, not if you're within your calorie limit or decifit for the day

You're missing sarcasm Elle....

Picture ginormous person with a 2k value meal, and the diet Coke
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    ellie7187 wrote: »
    Blah to all the research, for or against it.

Now if you're ordering diet soda to justify the extra large fries in the drive thru? Yep, it'll make you fat.

Well, not if you're within your calorie limit or decifit for the day

Yeah, If they're daily allowance is 3500 for weight loss, that's a decent dinner.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    rmgnow wrote: »
    You can testify that you've drank a million diet cokes, every day and you became a fitness model, it doesn't mean much to the lay-person.
    Fact is, if you are obese and you drink diet soda, you usually don't lose weight.
    Diet soda are not directly involved in gaining weight.
    But they are involved non the less.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-artificial-sweeteners-affect-weight-loss-and-gain-2017-7

I'm not saying anyone should stop eating what they love, but there are no real benefits from diet soda except a temporary good mouth feel.

That's exactly the point. They're neutral.

You could say the same for water.

Right.

So then it comes down to:

would you rather drink non diet soda and have to sacrifice the calories from something else?

would you rather not ever drink any soda at all?

or would you rather keep some soda in your diet but not waste calories on it.

I don't care that much about soda, but if you enjoy it (and I occasionally do), being able to enjoy diet versions makes it a lot easier for those of us who count calories (who are not who the studies address) to have some soda.
  • ellie7187
    ellie7187 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

No, I got it. Unfortunately my winking emoji did not post. I guess these forums don't like emojis!
  • cam1184
    cam1184 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight a couple years ago using MFP, pretty quickly too. And I LIVED off Diet Dr. Pepper the whole time. My healthiest habit? Probably not. But did it hinder my weight loss at all? Not even a little bit.