rnken Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do I join?
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    rnken wrote: »
    How do I join?

@rbken I think you just start posting that's what I did. Maybe a brief intro?
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "SHAUN WEEK™: INSANE FOCUS Day 3: Insane Weights"=Done!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, folks! How was everyone's weekend?

Mine was busy, but I got in two good workouts, anyway. And danced my *kitten* off Saturday night, which is just a bonus. :smiley:
  • scanuti16
    scanuti16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Would like to join. I'm 46 5'6 153lbs. I started low carbs and exercise to get down to 135lbs.
  • puzzledstill
    puzzledstill Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 - with an extra 20 years of experience !
    Fit for my age - currently buying a horse , walk dog daily and learning yoga.
    5 ft 1" - and 10 -14 lbs to lose.
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday kids. Welcome newbies. I took Barre yesterday and I brought an unlimited 30 day pass for Hot Pilates. I will give my thoughts on it after I do it later. I love heated classes so this is yet another treat for me. My race is the 29th and I am as ready as I can be. I will do my best and it gives me a chance to run with my girls and co-workers. Keep up the good work kids. Have a great day.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    well I just walk/ran with my boy to the store to get his bike fitted only to find out he needs a new one and my foot isn't ready for that. Oh well I have physio tomorrow. I can whine to him
  • splinker
    splinker Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hiya. Splinker here. I'm just shy of 54, 6ft even and 267 pounds. Two months ago I was 300 pounds, so yay me. (Two months ago today, as a matter of fact). I've been using South Beach, more or less. I have at least one of their premade meals a day. I overdue it on the protein and probably under do it on the carbs.

I'm on my way to getting on a heart transplant list. I will probably have to lose another 17 pounds to make the cut ;). My goal is to lose another 42 pounds, hopefully by the end of 2017.

We'll see!
  • Alexandriakay676
    Alexandriakay676 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    45 and so done with being the biggest in the room, or photo, or event.... lost 50lbs, gained 45 back,,,,, needing help, support and an honest ear to talk to...
  • Robical
    Robical Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'd like to join too. Trying to lose at least 80 lbs.
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    Wow there's lots of 40 somethings here eh and great to see us all working so hard. :)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "SHAUN WEEK™: INSANE FOCUS Day 4: 25 Abs"=Done!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Got the track work done early to beat the heat and humidity. 15min warm up, then 6 x 2.5Min intervals with 5 min jogging recovery between rounds, then 10 min cool down. 6.6 miles total.

Signed up for a local sprint tri being held this Thursday night. It is a twice monthly racing series that attracts a bunch of local tri junkies, so I'll see lots of friends there. Will be fun to squeeze in a race on a week night.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Still on my trip to visit friends. Girls' night out last night. Drank too much, but avoided the usual accompanying calorie blow-out by having two not-huge appetizers (no large entree) and a lighter dessert, and by sticking to lower-cal drinks. Managed to hit maintenance calories. Woke up feeling pretty good.

This AM, ran long intervals for time (30 minutes total, 3 intervals at race pace, jogging to recovery). Temperature was OK, but the humidity was 96%. It was more of a swim than a run.

Enjoy your day, folks!
  • wi_denisha
    wi_denisha Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Denise and I'm new in this app.
    Read the rules that really not sure how to friend request anybody or how to comment on people's stuff it seems when I comment my posts aren't being posted so if anybody can help me with that that'd be great.
    I started off early this year at 280 pounds my highest and most embarrassing weight of my life I am also done being the biggest person in the room or the picture or the event I have lost 49 lb and I'm still working on a new diet program.
    I am five foot five and a half inches tall and I now weigh 230.5 pounds. But I'm on a special program but I will not talk about due to guidelines but I would like to just see what other people are doing and offer encouragement to others and get encouragement for myself or advise.
    I've also have had major health issues something that I'm trying to overcome some that I have overcome and some that I will never overcome.
    I'm looking to meet people like minded and try to help people or be helped in any way possible.
    My hobbies are painting, piano decorating, flowers, hiking, camping and my new hobby is kayaking. I love they outdoors.
    Thanks Denise
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Morning kids. Hope all is well. I took hot pilates last night and of course I am addicted. I was really surprised to see roughly 30 people both men and women. The room is set at 95 degrees with 40% humidity and then add 30 people to that; HELLFIRE (lol). TRX and Inferno done. Nothing like a good morning workout. Welcome to all of the newbies. Have a great day.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all, I did not realize I have been away that long! Lots of posts to catch up on.
    Welcome to all the newbies.

I managed to get a strength workout in on Saturday, but it really did me in. I then had a date with my granddaughters. As soon as we headed out to play, the sky opened up and it poured on us. Luckily we each had our own umbrella, so we stuck it out for a while.

The other exciting news is our first grandson was born Saturday night. I have yet to meet him, am hoping for Thursday. He was a big boy that made a very quick entrance. Arrived 45 minutes after mom arrived at hospital.

No workouts done Sunday or Monday...my cold has been hanging on causing me discomfort. Am starting to feel a bit better, so fingers crossed it is on mend!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, @sdereski !
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I'll be 40 in 3 weeks so I'll start hanging out with you guys already :) Just introducing myself.
    Lost 35 lbs on MFP 18 months ago. Changed jobs. Cities. Now trying to lose the rest. Mainly been a cardio person so far but started stronglift a month ago. Super tired while eating at deficit. Oh well.