Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ashley1986x
    Ashley1986x Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My work clothes not fitting any longer! And also seeing photos of myself I felt so disgusted
  • itworks_mama5
    itworks_mama5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wanted to become healthier not only for myself, but my family. I'm a stay a home wife/mom & I have 3 boys ,1 girl. They always keep me on the go and I'm not in the best of shape. I did really good after my last 2 pregnancies working out and starting losing weight and I just slowly slacked off, but I'm determined to stay with it this time!
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I got fed up of being in tears every time I was trying to find something to wear in the mornings and nothing fit anymore. Another reason, I saw some pictures of me on holiday and I couldn't believe how big I had got. My main reason though is that diabetes and heart disease are common in my family so I really want to be healthy and not have to cope with those diseases!
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Facing early death due to morbid obesity and associated illnesses - simple calculation
  • fkckakfk22
    fkckakfk22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    For my age being 23 and just not feeling comfortable in MY OWN skin. I've always had weight problems but one day I just decided to change my life around. It has been a bumpy road but we can all make it !!
  • nickitynic
    nickitynic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I was fed up with feeling *kitten* and going on bad dates. Decided to focus on me and it worked. For a couple of years. Bought new clothes! And then put on heaps of weight again, my clothes don't fit and my knee and back hurt constantly. Grrrraaarrrgghh. So starting again on MFP making friends (looking for Aussie Timezone buds especially) and counting stuff. Feel better already... can I keep it up though??!!
  • ACJones82
    ACJones82 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My husband was losing weight and getting closer and closer to my weight. I wasnt going to weight more than him, lol. Also watching people around my struggle with T2D and high blood pressure and knowing those things run in my family I decided to take control while the choice was still mine. Almost a year and I have lost a little over 20kgs.