MFP is not A Dating Site!!!

Options

Replies

• fit4life_78
    fit4life_78 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    all social media can and will turn into a dating site, people with like minded interests and then add on an attraction, mix in some hormones every once in a while is just a recipe for those things to be happening.
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    logiatype wrote: »
    Here are some fun ones:

Not sure what's wrong with the second one. Way to overreact...

Sorry but give me one LEGIT reason why you are messaging a chick you don't know without her ever showing any interest in you. Especially on a fitness website...

I dunno because I don't message people on MFP. Barely use the forums since most people seem to just use it for flirting. Can people message you if you aren't friends?

Clearly or none of this would be an issue.

Ah I see. I guess he wasn't hot?
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Melmel0116 wrote: »
    So wait. Are you telling me I dont just have gorgeous eyes, seem fun and witty and guys arent actually interested in my fitness goals? That was all a ruse to hit on me?

You already know. Tell em!! #WEINAZFOHLYFE
  • fit4life_78
    fit4life_78 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    but the kickin in the balls thing......lol...wow, that's some weird stuff ;)
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    Options
    all social media can and will turn into a dating site, people with like minded interests and then add on an attraction, mix in some hormones every once in a while is just a recipe for those things to be happening.

You are popular around here, you of all people should know this isn't a dating site, bruh. Haha.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Btw- I got that second message to. I told him I thought maybe Gods a woman and she maybe just thought sensitive balls were funny... He stopped replying after that

Eh. I just told him to quite being a *kitten* *kitten* and take it like a man. No more messages after that and this was few years ago, he is still out there using the same line.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    i heard they search out the insecure ones who don't even post pics... 'cause, well, duh!
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    But in all seriousness...the gym is not a dating site, or the library, or the grocery store but people still meet there and fall in love.

I'm willing to bet you only get offended when the guy isn't attractive. If he was good looking this wouldn't be an issue at all.

See...that's where I disagree. In fact, it is almost more offensive. And confusing. Why is a buff guy not out meeting women in person? Also, I'm married. It's offensive because they just assume we are all willing participants. The reason I'm willing is because it's fun to be a jerk to other jerks. Some girls don't know better and are truly ignorant. Just like some guys who don't see what the big deal is or think it is just a friendly message. A guy who is truly interested in actual dating will be upfront online.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

did you say recipe...wanna swap recipes?

Do you prefer sausages or tacos?
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    i heard they search out the insecure ones who don't even post pics... 'cause, well, duh!

noz9fbzaprv9.gif
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    Options
    So wait. Are you telling me I dont just have gorgeous eyes, seem fun and witty and guys arent actually interested in my fitness goals? That was all a ruse to hit on me?

You already know. Tell em!! #WEINAZFOHLYFE

You keep trying pump those wieners up... I peeped that picture of your dinner last night. Im keeping my sympathy to myself from now on lol

I am just being really into myself, but I believe this site was dedicated for me... I am THEE only one who can date multiple people on here. Am I ryte?

30695757.jpg
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    ... it may be helpful to list marital status in ones profile. It might not turn away the creepiest lovebirds but it might filter out those using this place as a dating app.
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Here are some fun ones:

Not sure what's wrong with the second one. Way to overreact...

Sorry but give me one LEGIT reason why you are messaging a chick you don't know without her ever showing any interest in you. Especially on a fitness website...

I dunno because I don't message people on MFP. Barely use the forums since most people seem to just use it for flirting. Can people message you if you aren't friends?

Clearly or none of this would be an issue.

Ah I see. I guess he wasn't hot?

And excuse you but you totally twisted that one comment around to fit your agenda. Go project your insecurities elsewhere, because that is NOT why I responded that way. As you can see from various other women, he sent out multiple messages.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Haha...yeah some guy recently asked if i like to be naughty or something like that. Ummm no dude i'm married but thanks.

I'm not a dude! Ffs

Prove it!!!

Send pics to my kik

Done.