Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @happygirlxxx - how's your corgi? I hope she is improving.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @GOINSTD12 thank you for asking; my doggie is a bit better ... took him for his check up on Monday and the vet signed the documents for him to be able to travel with me, but suggested that I take him in the cabin ... so got him a little carrier and he is ready to go. He is not walking as well as before, but at least he is walking and moving a bit around. The vet also confirmed that he is almost deaf and a bit blind ... but somehow he manages to find me anyway ... so I am happy that I can take him with me :smile:

My husband thinks I am crazy but I bought today I sling to carry him, so I can take him with me when I take the other dog to the park. I tried it today and he stay calm, I think this solution will work!

@Nikion901 I am relocating to Italy; I am leaving on Saturday. Not sure for how long will be there, but looking forward to the opportunity to living in Europe.
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to be sticking to our challenge (up or down just the structure helps us be more mindful of our habits, right?)
    @happy girl, I am glad you get to have your little friend with you on the trip, and I love the sling idea so he doesn't get left out and also gets to enjoy the company and the fresh air (and all the park smells :)
    ps. You are moving closer to me. I live in Greece.

Welcome to the new members of our team and strength and good luck to all of us!
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat!! Challenge (90 days)...

Name: Barney
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (July 5): 252.0
    Goal Weight (September 15): 225.0

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12: 248.4
    2. July 19: 245.2 (on vacation July 13-20, so weighed in July 21st).
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week: - 3.2
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -6.8
    Weight loss so far (since 1/1/2017): 71.8

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals I would like to achieve this summer:
    1. add walking indoors 3x/week--yes, a lot of walking while on vacation.
    2. resistance exercise: no, but did try out the universal gym at the hotel for a set or two.
    3. monitor weight loss & daily calories and adjust weekly, if necessary, due to additional exercise--no change.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Friday Fitness ... cut the grass for 1 hour with my gas powered push mower. Very hot and muggy out there today but I just kept going at my own slow pace and got all 5000 square feet of 6800 sq ft backyard lawn cut. There is still the front to do, but I didn't want to be out in that sunny front yard ... at least in the back I kept going in and out of shade from the canopy of trees on the south and west side of the yard as I mowed from south to north and back again today. (at least for some of the yard depth) The north side of the yard, while it has a couple of younger shade trees, cast their shade onto the next door property. Next cut is going to be east to west and then I do a diagonal on the third cut. I think I'll tackle the front in the coolness of the morning ... it's all in sun except for a small section near the front by the driveway. ... Good thing we had a lot of rain recently. My lawns usually go dormant by this time of year and don't green up again until mid August. The grass is growing slower though, so I didn't have to empty as many bags of grass clippings as I need to do earlier and later in the growing season.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Whoot Whoot ... went out between 4:45 and 5:50 PM and cut the front lawn. Done for a week!
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It's finally the weekend! What a long hard week. I finally got promoted to the job I was hired for on the first of the month. I'm running all day just to fall behind. I'm making bad decisions because I'm always in too big of a hurry to stop for a second to evaluate what's really going on. I remembered why I avoided supervisory positions for over a decade; I don't really like people
  • pneschich
    Options
    Dang, I just lost over 2/3 of a post! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy!
  • chsinger0629
    chsinger0629 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't have an end goal. I kind of make mini goals. For those who have lost large amounts of weight, are there any tricks to get rid of all the extra skin?
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Irene and I'm new to the community. I've used this app very successfully, but since my vacation in May, I haven't been able to get back into the rhythm
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,871 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 I hear you on the woot woot for finishing yardwork! Tried to mow yesterday morning. Mother nature decided to rain so hard that the mower stalled. I had to go back later to finish the last 5 minutes. But now it looks so nice. Congratulations! :high five:

@pneschich promotions are stressful and people are too. I am sorry mfp lost part of your post. It does that to me too when I try to use one of the emoticons/emojis preprogramed on my phone keyboard. I have to use mfp's icons. :smile: colonsmilecolon

@chsinger0629 mini goals are good. As for extra skin, it depends how much excess you have. Usually requires sugical removal. But if you lose slowly and drink plenty of water it can help.

@alwaysbloated creative writing? How interesting! May i ask what your assignment is about?

@ihp2015 Hi Irene! Congratulations on your success! I think everyone struggles with "vacation brain". You loosen your belt and don't want the fun to stop. My advice is ease back into your old wt loss mode slowly. Start logging again. Eat one more veggie. Drink one less glass of a beverage with calories. You get back in the seing of things in no time.

Life's a dance. All you have to do is listen for the rhythm.

<3 Rach, m.p.
  • ihp2015
    ihp2015 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach: thnx. I've started today by entering my food again in MFP. Not yet measuring everything yet, but I gotta start somewhere ;)

Apparently half of my first post disappeared. Wanted to know if there are others in this thread that have hypothyroidism.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't have an end goal. I kind of make mini goals. For those who have lost large amounts of weight, are there any tricks to get rid of all the extra skin?

I have been looking into that too because I know I will get a lot of it by the time I am at my goal weight. Basically you can llimit the damage by drinking a lot of water and moisturizing well to keep the skin as elastic as possible. Also weight training will build some muscle which will "fill up" some of the empty space. However I am afraid that after a certain point the extra skin is here to stay... unless you consider plastic surgery.
  • pneschich
    Options
    @MermaidPrincessRach Cursed emoticon thingies!!!! A guy tries to step out of his comfort zone and use a smiley and gets punished for it. Old dogs, new tricks theory I guess.
    Thanks for the info
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Monday Check it: so I'm back from a 4 day, who gives a *kitten* binge. But I learned a few things 1) I only gained 2 lbs, probably all the salt, sugar and carbs. 2) I tracked everything (just didn't care what or how much) and I actually ate right at my maintainance calorie level without trying. 3) I get sick eating that much food now. 4) that I should just go buy the dang candy bar I was craving instead of trying to avoid it by eating other junk. 5) stress is a *kitten* head 6) it's a new day, I'm feeling good. I'm back on track and not gonna let it weigh me down.