Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Replies

• PAGinger
    PAGinger Posts: 118 Member
    edited July 2017
    This week's annoyance: Leaving weights sitting on the floor instead of re-racking them. Almost tripped over one some idiot left on the floor yesterday.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Monday Warriors.... always crowded on Monday with people I never see the other 6 days of the week.... lol

This is why Mondays are usually my rest days.

Peeve: trainers who think the entire gym & it's equipment is their clients only. What the heck are other gym goers supposed to do?
  • PAGinger
    PAGinger Posts: 118 Member
    Mondays in January are the worst.

Which is why I usually skip gym days in January anyway (aside from bad weather)...things are usually a bit calmer by the second week of February.

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    I'm not a big fan of the dudes that come in together as a gang and think they own the place.... sitting around on equipment, leaving their belongings everywhere, usurping equipment for hours on end, extreme cursing and throwing of weights.... no one is impressed boys.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Lol. It's like you're at my gym right now! Add in some grunts and you've nailed it.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    BlackJackG wrote: »
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Anyone who wants to sit or work out next to someone and there are empty seats or treadmills and other machines out there, he or she is probably interested in you.

Nope.

Yes, why else would they wanna sit next to you if they are other empty machines available. Try to give me a good reason why not.....

Not all equipment are created equal. At a gym I used to belong to, there was one elliptical that was worse than the others, very stiff, avoided it at all cost, didn't care if that meant I chose one next to someone else. I'm not going to have a bad workout so that someone else doesn't think I'm "into" them.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    dym1 wrote: »
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    3. I guess this leads from number 2, but when someone that doesn't know me comes in the gym and assumes that the short older woman isn't that serious about her lifting and doesn't need the heavier dumbbells/ squat rack/ cable machine just because she takes a break halfway through and takes a zumba class.

I get something similar, someone who doesn't know me (and most know me at my gym) sees me lifting what they deem as heavy, comes over and "congratulates" me for lifting heavy and I'm like, "dude, that's my warm up, now go away"

I seen something similar. A guy was training whilst a random guy jus stood very close watching. Then he congratulates him. Straight away you can tell he's a newbie.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    dym1 wrote: »
    firef1y72 wrote: »
    3. I guess this leads from number 2, but when someone that doesn't know me comes in the gym and assumes that the short older woman isn't that serious about her lifting and doesn't need the heavier dumbbells/ squat rack/ cable machine just because she takes a break halfway through and takes a zumba class.

I get something similar, someone who doesn't know me (and most know me at my gym) sees me lifting what they deem as heavy, comes over and "congratulates" me for lifting heavy and I'm like, "dude, that's my warm up, now go away"

I seen something similar. A guy was training whilst a random guy jus stood very close watching. Then he congratulates him. Straight away you can tell he's a newbie.

I also gave a fist pump to a kid whom I was spotting. bench press,one rep @ 300 lb., he told me he had been working towards it for 6 months. That was worthy of a single fist bump.

Dang. Give him one from me too. Make it a double.
  • TylerJ8476
    TylerJ8476 Posts: 18 Member
    This is why I go at 430-5am...No one else to deal with.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Guys (and sorry, it IS the guys) who hog the weights and have five different sets around them when they're only using one.
  • OldDudeOnBike
    OldDudeOnBike Posts: 7 Member
    Not much annoys me. I feel so much better now that I choose to live in my own space. Having that space invaded is the one thing that annoys me, but it rarely happens at the gym. I understand that women at gyms are often hit on. That would annoy me.
  • caco_ethes
    What annoys me? Old dudes on bikes

fnllr962wzzl.gif
  • caco_ethes
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    People that do stupid *kitten* bug the crap out of me. Like, what are you even doing?

You ruined my joke dangit
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    People dropping weights or talking loudly on the phone.