Clean Eating Club ~ February 2009

Options

Replies

• floresj74
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This is the club I need. I love to eat-everything. I know what I need to eat, which I do, but I know I can improve. I need ideas on how to make healthier snacks and recipes.

Today my calorie intake is 2300:sad:

Tomorrow, I will try harder. :smile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that it's great to see more joining in! I am not vegetarian but do try to get my protein from other sources than just meat also. I love beans and do drink soymilk just because regular milk gives me a tummy ache! :grumble:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Ooh, lots to catch up with here! Hi to all the posters. Of course, it's almost 11 p.m., and I need sleep! :happy:

Today's meals:
    1) Oatmeal, apple, egg whites, milk, flax
    2) 2 cups of coffee with cream (no sweetener) - I know, not really a meal :ohwell: . I made up for it with lunch:
    3) Whole wheat pasta, sauce, turkey on wheat bread with hommus
    4) Homemade protein bar
    5) Homemade whole wheat pizza, skim milk, cocoa powder, egg whites, navel orange

No time for exercise today :grumble: , but I'll be going to the gym for cardio and weights in the morning. Calories were right on at 1513. Water, on the other hand, was low. :ohwell:
  • spiritmi
    spiritmi Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    glad to see some vegetarians in here!!!...just joined this site the other day and have been checking out the message boards and hoping to find some vegetarians...know nothing about "clean eating" though...not yet anyway...have been a vegetarian for about 18 years....perfect health but overweight from eating way too many carbs...dont have a problem getting enough protein from my vegetarian lifestyle...i have the utmost respect for someone who is a vegan...i would like to think perhaps someday i will be able to be one...will look forward to finding out what "clean eating" is all about...
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This is the club I need. I love to eat-everything. I know what I need to eat, which I do, but I know I can improve. I need ideas on how to make healthier snacks and recipes.

Today my calorie intake is 2300:sad:

Tomorrow, I will try harder. :smile:

Well, at least you know your total for the day. Now work on making today a better day! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Workout:
    ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit #2

Breakfast:
    1/2 c. multi grain hot cereal (130)
    1/4 c. Fiber one (30)
    1/2 scoop choc. protein powder (60)
    1 T. NM PB (85), 1 T. flax (30)
    1/4 c. cottage cheese (40) = 375
    Clementine (40) = 415

Cleaning will be my next workout today! :laugh: My BIL's girlfriend & her sister are coming to spend the night here tonight. :bigsmile:
  • onwardfatgirl
    Options
    bfast:
    2 slices of ezekiel bread
    1 tbs raw almond butter
    1 banana
    drizzle of agave nectar

snack:
    small smoothie with frozen berries, flax, kale and unsweetened almond milk w/ vanilla brown rice protein

lunch:
    roasted veggies-- zucchini, mushrooms, red bell pepper, asparagus, onion, garlic with lite soy sauce,
    1/2 c brown rice
    4oz sesame tofu

snack:
    honeycrisp apple
    1/2 flax raisin muffin (homemade)

dinner (about to eat it--still finishing!):
    random curry with onion, tomato, red bell pepper, red lentils, cauliflower, carrot topped with chopped cilantro

i will sneak a candy cane joe-joe from tj's in the mix-- one of the only processed foods i partake in every once in awhile.
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    bfast:
    2 slices of ezekiel bread
    1 tbs raw almond butter
    1 banana
    drizzle of agave nectar

snack:
    small smoothie with frozen berries, flax, kale and unsweetened almond milk w/ vanilla brown rice protein

lunch:
    roasted veggies-- zucchini, mushrooms, red bell pepper, asparagus, onion, garlic with lite soy sauce,
    1/2 c brown rice
    4oz sesame tofu

snack:
    honeycrisp apple
    1/2 flax raisin muffin (homemade)

dinner (about to eat it--still finishing!):
    random curry with onion, tomato, red bell pepper, red lentils, cauliflower, carrot topped with chopped cilantro

i will sneak a candy cane joe-joe from tj's in the mix-- one of the only processed foods i partake in every once in awhile.

Wow! Your meals sound great! I also love the Ezekiel bread with almond butter!
  • imworthit
    imworthit Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Workout:
    ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit #2

Breakfast:
    1/4 c. Fiber one (30)
    1 T. NM PB (85), 1 T. flax (30)
    1/4 c. cottage cheese (40) = 375
    Clementine (40) = 415

Cleaning will be my next workout today! :laugh: My BIL's girlfriend & her sister are coming to spend the night here tonight. :bigsmile:

Can you tell me more about the ChaLean Workouts. I notice you do them a lot. I've never heard of them before.
  • cherapple
    Options
    I think I'm remembering everything I ate today! :tongue: Another busy day.

1) The usual oatmeal with apple, protein powder, flax
    2) 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, banana, 7 triscuit thin crisps, a few peanuts, black tea
    3) Dunkin Donuts Egg White Flatbread sandwich
    4) Homemade protein bar, black tea
    5) Flatbread with tuna
    6) Homemade lo mein, hot cocoa with egg whites
    Water: 13 cups

I'm estimating the lo mein, but I think my calories were pretty close to goal at about 1907.

I got my weight lifting and my elliptical (cardio bursts) in. I'm moving myself up to the advanced BFFM weight program. The intermediate called for two exercises per muscle group, which didn't seem like enough because the Cathe videos that I'm used to often do way more! The advanced calls for three moves per muscle group, and sometimes I do even more than that (legs or abs for example). Today was a back, chest, and abs day.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Crazy day y'day for me too! I didn't even have a chance to log it or anything last night. Company here and they just left about a half hour ago.

I did sneak out to the Y this morning for a 4.5 mile run! :bigsmile: I'll update food in a bit!

Jess
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Can you tell me more about the ChaLean Workouts. I notice you do them a lot. I've never heard of them before.

They're the latest workouts from Team Beachbody. I love them! They're done by Chalene Johnson who is the creator of Turbo Jam but these are heavier weight training along w/ intense cardio. It's a 90 day program. I love them!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Jess
  • cherapple
    Options
    I finally opened my STS and did some of the first and second videos this morning! I'm going to be doing a combination of BFFM and STS, but mostly use STS just for ideas of new moves to do for each muscle group. I'm really enjoying the BFFM program and don't want to change because it's more flexible for wherever I happen to be working out on a certain day -- be it at home or the gym. It's also simpler to keep it in my head and design a workout by myself at the gym. Cathe can make it all so complicated! Which can be a nice for changing things up once in a while, but lately I'm wanting simplicity in my strength training. Today was a shoulders, biceps, and triceps day at home.

Food so far:
    1) Oatmeal, apple, protein powder, flax, milk.
    2) Yogurt, cottage cheese, banana, blueberries, grape nuts, coffee with cream and sweetener
    3) 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, more blueberries
    4) Homemade protein bar, orange, coffee with just cream

I think I've gone from a sugar addiction to a fruit addiction -- one form of sugar to another! :laugh: Sugar in much better form, but still I'm heavy on the fruit, bread carbs, and dairy -- and light on the veggies. I'm making a point of having a big salad tonight! :happy:
  • cherapple
    Options
    The rest of yesterday:

5) Salad, salad, salad, with vinegar and oil dressing, tuna on top, hot cocoa with egg whites
    6) Hot air popcorn
  • cherapple
    Options
    I woke up too late to get to the gym this morning. Our electricity went off yesterday and my husband set my clock wrong, so my alarm didn't go off. :grumble: Oh well, I'll try to get to the gym tonight instead. It's a run day, but I'm not sure whether I'll feel up to running or not. We'll see.

Food:
    1) Oatmeal, apple, protein powder, milk, flax -- Cals: 385, prot: 25
    2) Coffee & cream, yogurt, cottage cheese, cashews -- Cals: 319, prot: 24
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello, Cheryl! Sorry I've been scarce, just haven't had a free minute it seems!! I'm feeling really good w/ my eating and saw a friend that I haven't seen in about a month. The first thing out of her mouth was... have you lost weight?? Your face looks thinner and you look even slimmer! Woohoo, yeah she's a good friend! :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is doing well! :wink:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Workout:
    3 mile power walk w/ a friend (she's been injured so no running)
    ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit #3

Breakfast:
    1/4 c. Fiber one (30)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    1/4 c. cottage cheese (40)

Lunch: Met a friend at Flat Top Grill
    Tons of veggies, chicken breast, and tofu made into a vegetable soup

Snack:
    1 c. NF yogurt (140)
    1 T. NM PB (85)
    1/2 c. Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax Granola (140)

Dinner:
    Planning on lean hamburgers, and maybe a baked sweet potato
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    Pre-morning workout: Yoplait - Yoplus Strawberry, 4 oz

AFter workout: Darigold - Fat Free Cottage Cheese, 1/2 cup
    Strawberries - Raw, 0.25 cup, halves
    Generic - Hard Boiled Egg White, 0.5 egg
    Kraft - Spicy Brown Mustard, 0.5 tsp
    Starkist - Chunk Light Tuna In Water, 2 oz drained
    Spices - Pepper, black, 0.25 tbsp

Pre-afternoon workout: Pink Lady Apple, 1 apple

Dinner is going to be grilled chicken breast and salad. I know the mustard is not too clean. How is everything else? I had bought that Eat-Clean Diet by Tosco Reno way back in September. I went shopping the other day after reading it again. I want to make sure I am doing it right! I did get off to a late start this morning so I haven't had as much time to eat. I am headed to do the ellipitical now though. Already 1 hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of strength training down today. Have a great Friday!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Pre-morning workout: Yoplait - Yoplus Strawberry, 4 oz

AFter workout: Darigold - Fat Free Cottage Cheese, 1/2 cup
    Strawberries - Raw, 0.25 cup, halves
    Generic - Hard Boiled Egg White, 0.5 egg
    Kraft - Spicy Brown Mustard, 0.5 tsp
    Starkist - Chunk Light Tuna In Water, 2 oz drained
    Spices - Pepper, black, 0.25 tbsp

Pre-afternoon workout: Pink Lady Apple, 1 apple

Dinner is going to be grilled chicken breast and salad. I know the mustard is not too clean. How is everything else? I had bought that Eat-Clean Diet by Tosco Reno way back in September. I went shopping the other day after reading it again. I want to make sure I am doing it right! I did get off to a late start this morning so I haven't had as much time to eat. I am headed to do the ellipitical now though. Already 1 hour of cardio and 1/2 hour of strength training down today. Have a great Friday!

I think mustard is fine. It's just mustard seed & vinegar, it's a better choice than ketchup. (although I buy the organic kind which has no HFCS. Hope you had a good workout!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Dinner:
    Whole wheat high fiber bun w/ a lean hamburger & 2% cheese, mustard & pickles

Snack:
    Flax & Oatbran pita w/ 1 T. NM PB
    SF hot cocoa

Didn't tally my cals for the day, not sure w/ my lunch out but feel good. :bigsmile: