What are you NOT grateful for today? What sucks?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    gamommy wrote: »
    I haven't pooped since Tuesday. Drank Miralax yesterday and today. Still no movement. So, I'm NOT grateful for that.

just wait until that Miralax kicks in....

801606.gif
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    smc92079 wrote: »
    Having the realization that a long time friend is not really a friend at all.

That sucks...I can relate
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Can't sleep.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Flubug. We were driving to visit relatives and my daughter caught the flu my husband was getting over, and I really don't want
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    FML
    Got a letter from HOA to trim my hedges.
    Used an old extension cord that shorted out the garage outlet the refrigerator/freezer is plugged into.

Used new cord and THEN cut my finger requiring trip to ER and four stitches.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Beggars in the street harassing me for money on my way into work in the morning. I'm cold, I'm tired & the last thing I need is someone rattling a cup at my face shamelessly asking for my hard earned dollar. Get a job !! Plus the fact you can't confront them for the fear of them attacking you with the help of their beggar friends. It should be illegal

I always just ask: " So, ya got change for a fifty ? "
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For that old *kitten* lady I saw at the market a bit ago. She must of been 60. Wearing a white see-through shirt, no bra (which showed her nipple piercings) and booty shorts. A sight I could have gone through life without seeing.

Granted, it was a Wal-Mart market I went to :D
  • pigheaded
    pigheaded Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    Left one airport to be stranded in another! Uggg
  • beepbopbeepbop
    beepbopbeepbop Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Power outtages
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    FML
    Used an old extension cord that shorted out the garage outlet the refrigerator/freezer is plugged into.

:o:/ Ouch Jim! Don't do that again. I see your able to post still. That's good. That must hurt. Sorry that happened.
  • millea84
    millea84 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    pigheaded wrote: »
    Left one airport to be stranded in another! Uggg
    Oh man that sucks. I prefer to drive every where. The airlines have become so terrible. Unfortunately if I want to go overseas I am going to have to fly.
  • millea84
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    FML

That's terrible. I hope you get better soon.
  • millea84
    Options
    My hair is a boring color right now. :( Yes I am vain, hopefully vain enough to get in shape. lol.
  • Clawsal
    Clawsal Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Beggars in the street harassing me for money on my way into work in the morning. I'm cold, I'm tired & the last thing I need is someone rattling a cup at my face shamelessly asking for my hard earned dollar. Get a job !! Plus the fact you can't confront them for the fear of them attacking you with the help of their beggar friends. It should be illegal
    A little charity goes a long way.

I'm a very charitable person but in a lot of cases the begging is simply to fund a drink or drug problem. They expect people to simply hand them over money. It's not right. Your basically funding someone's addiction, that ain't charity
    Did you ever attempt to buy them food?

The thought does cross my mind, but let's be honest I'm not exactly rolling in it, I work so I can afford to put food in my mouth & my loved ones. I don't see why I should buy someone food or feel guilty because I have it. I know life is hard but in some cases it's as hard as you make it. Besides there is food banks & shelters, soup kitchens, churches not to mention the many charities & organisations specifically designed to help these people. The help is there it's their choice to take it. Many people volunteer their time to help them. Also in the UK there is a lot of help from the state so I don't view it as my place to randomly give strangers money.

Also, on one occasion my brother gave a beggar money, his friend then decided to take my brothers mobile phone. A lot of these people are thiefs, you get up close or try to be nice they might take advantage. Granted not all of them are like that

Ahah what makes me laugh is you saying above you are very charitable.

Not criticizing your way of thinking, I don't give money to beggars either, but I don't kid myself thinking I am charitable.
  • BWA468
    BWA468 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I had to rehome my dog today :'( I'm moving overseas from NZ to UK in 2 weeks. Planned to take her and looked into pricing etc but then researched the travel for her. Couldn't do that to her. 35+ hours, sitting in cargo hold alone. She gets quite bad seperation anxiety. Absolutely heart wrenching and this is the worst day of my life. She is with a wonderful family and will probably have a better life than when she was with just me but I miss that gorgeous girl so much. Haven't stopped crying. Considered cancelling my move altogether. Got Burger King for dinner to eat my feelings :'(