Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    August 1 :D JFT:

Prep Dinner in slowcooker
    Attend class
    Tutoring
    Lunch at home
    Physics HW and Online HW
    Physics Lab HW
    Run on elliptical
    Dinner by 7pm
    Bedtime by 11pm
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 I sure hope your son is well now. I did not see an update after you cancelled the trip.

@cschmitz110515 My mom, sister and I love to get together. Now we have started including the third generation. Sometimes we grab the sister-in-laws so we don't seem too cliquey. It's always a good time.

@Bex953172 a couple weeks ago you asked for suggestions or advice. You have been here before so it's not like your a new pregnant lady (like my DIL.) The only advice I have is to watch your weight. I never considered pregnancy a reason to go crazy with what I ate. I gained twenty to to twenty five pounds with each of my two babies. I have friends who gained forty and fifty and were so miserable after. So, especially if you are going into this with a little extra body fat, eat lots of good nutritious foods but stay sane.

Sounds like everyone is keeping it together well. So much school and work.

I have been keeping busy. Had my mom in town for my DIL's baby shower. My daughter lives about 45 minutes away "in the big city" but this week she is house sitting for a neighbor so we see her every day while she eats our food. This weekend her boyfriend, who she is supposed to sign a lease with in a month walked out. So now it is distraught daughter who has no place to live in a month. (It's for the best in my opinion. He was a lovely guy, but they just did not fit well. He was too needy. )

I have not logged here for a few days and that lack of reinforcement may be why I have been doing badly. I really indulged since Thursday and have done minimal exercise. But I have managed to stay under my calories. Exercised Just enough to keep my challenges going. And C25K. I am hoping the heat wave has broken with Tropical Storm Emily who popped up yesterday and went over the state. We got 2.5 inches of rain out of her and I am on the north side.

Just for today
    • Stay in the green food wise
    • Water
    • C25K W5 D1
    • Follow up on Resume work
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    @junodog1

You're totally right, phew needed that lol! Bit of a wake up call!

Think I've found my new long term goal.

Earn no more than 5lb (I think that's reasonable, gives me a bit of lead way) in fat weight during this pregnancy, the rest can be baby weight!

I'm gonna start my logging as of tomorrow
    I need to get serious again

• aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Haven't been paying attention to my weight or food for the last few weeks, but my clothes are feeling tighter again and I'm feeling squishier overall. So time yet again to actually focus, but am starting small in my goals currently.

1. log everything
    2. brush/floss before bed
    3. Play with new puppy
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 195.6!!
    Goal weight:175
    (5'11" tall)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6

Goals for August:
    1. concentrate more on getting at least 6 glasses of water in a day
    2. "lock" the kitchen except for meals, and "planned" snacks
    3. brush/floss teeth after dinner to keep from snacking
    4. goal is to lose 4 pounds the month of august, so hoping for Sept 1 my starting weight will be 191!
    5. get to the gym at least 5x a week

• mytime6630
    Options
    MOnday
    1. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow :)
    2. go to zumba tonite or for a walk since I skipped the gym :):/ Made it to Zumba, waited 15 minutes, and then they called off the class because the instructor didn't show up!
    3. log all food :)
    4. kitchen is closed ALL DAY, except for meals and a planned snack. Especially after dinner - LOCK THAT KITCHEN! Going on DAY SIX!!!! :)
    5. brush and floss teeth after dinner - water only :)
    6. drink water :)
    7. finish up on quilt :) All I have left to do is sew on the binding! Time to start another quilt!

JFT, Tuesday, AUGUST 1.
    Weigh this morning was 195.6!! Not what my goal was, but at least the scale is starting to move!

So for today
    1. log all food
    2. drink water - min 6 glasses
    3. close the kitchen except for meals and planned snacks. Going on DAY SEVEN!!!!!!!!!
    4. work on quilt
    5. work on organizing files - I keep putting this off!
    6. rip out carpet on steps

• mytime6630
    Options
    misspamyla wrote: »
    I LOVE the whole 'Just For Today' idea.
    I know I'm late to the party, but I'd like to be here and soak in all your cool inspiration and energy, if I may.

Never to late to join us!! Love to have you!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @junodog1

Earn no more than 5lb (I think that's reasonable, gives me a bit of lead way) in fat weight during this pregnancy, the rest can be baby weight!

You have new goals now Bex -- taking care and making sure that little baby gets the best nutrition! I would just concentrate on that - healthy eating, and keep moving (that will make labor easier!). But I also think the 5 pound weight is a good thing - if the rest is baby weight, think how you;ll feel afterwards! And .... we will all be right here to help you! You are doing great
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    @junodog1

You have new goals now Bex -- taking care and making sure that little baby gets the best nutrition! I would just concentrate on that - healthy eating, and keep moving (that will make labor easier!). But I also think the 5 pound weight is a good thing - if the rest is baby weight, think how you;ll feel afterwards! And .... we will all be right here to help you! You are doing great

Thank you :)
    Glad I've got a goal. Massive thanks to @junodog1 because I was pretty lost with out that motivation!

Youre right about keeping moving. I've not done any exercise since my pregnancy test. Bit too paranoid tbh!
    But I can start slow again I guess!
    Maybe a goal of 5k steps per day

Thing is I've been plagued by a bloody cold again! My nose is completely blocked and I just can't breathe through it at all!
    Youngest has croup and was at hospital at 2am because it sounded really bad (she's starting to recover)
    And 3 yo has had the poops today :scream:
    I gave up and put her in a nappy despite her being potty trained for a year. I've already thrown out 2 pairs of knickers lol!
    What a day!
    Can't wait for it to be over tbh!!

I have a small confession.
    I said I'd start tomorrow because at the time of my last post I had a whole pizza in the oven for myself. :naughty:

But I promise I'll be good tomorrrow!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Well I'm so excited for a good day tomorrow that I'm gonna post my goals ready for tomorrow!

Just for Wednesday

- Log EVERYTHING!
    - 3 glasses of water minimum (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
    - 5K steps if I can manage with the cold.
    - 15 min workout!
    - And... weigh in :unamused:
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    August 1 :D JFT:

✔Prep Dinner in slowcooker
    ✔Attend class
    ✔Tutoring
    ✔Lunch at home
    ✔Physics HW and Online HW (Ch.28 & 29 done)
    ✔Physics Lab HW
    ❌Run on elliptical➡️went walking instead
    ✔Dinner by 7pm
    ✔Bedtime by 9pm :D:D

• mytime6630
    Options
    Well I'm so excited for a good day tomorrow that I'm gonna post my goals ready for tomorrow!

Just for Wednesday

- Log EVERYTHING!
    - 3 glasses of water minimum (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
    - 5K steps if I can manage with the cold.
    - 15 min workout!
    - And... weigh in :unamused:

And you will do great!!! Remember -- weigh-in and what the scale says is not as important as feeding that little baby healthy foods! If you can stick with really healthy foods, you will do great! I hope your cold gets better also!
  • MLHC1
    Options
    8/2 Wednesday JFT:

Attend Classes
    Physics HW and Online HW (Ch. 30)
    Physics Exam Prep
    Run on elliptical
    Dinner by 7 pm (leftovers night!!)
    Bedtime by midnight

I'm keeping things simple right now because I have my 2nd Exam Monday and my Final Exam next Thursday. Then this summer semester of school will be finished :D

Stay positive and focused!! B)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    Haven't been paying attention to my weight or food for the last few weeks, but my clothes are feeling tighter again and I'm feeling squishier overall. So time yet again to actually focus, but am starting small in my goals currently.

1. log everything :neutral: I got almost everything but didn't go back and add the 2 reeses miniature or the slice of cheese
    2. brush/floss before bed ;( Nope I had dozed off downstairs, and just made it upstairs into my bed
    3. Play with new puppy :smiley: That's why I'm so tired. Puppies have lots of energy

Weighed myself this morning, not really up in weight just squishier. So that counts for something
    JFT 8/2/2017 (Wednesday) - just going to repeat yesterday
    1. log everything
    2. bruss/floss before bed
    3. Play with puppy, maybe soda bottle soccer
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Tuesday, AUGUST 1.
    Weigh this morning was 195.6!! Not what my goal was, but at least the scale is starting to move!

So for today
    1. log all food :)
    2. drink water - min 6 glasses :)
    3. close the kitchen except for meals and planned snacks. Going on DAY SEVEN!!!!!!!!! :)
    4. work on quilt :)
    5. work on organizing files - I keep putting this off! :)
    6. rip out carpet on steps :)

JFT, Wed, Aug 2
    1. going on DAY 8 - close the kitchen except for planned snack and meals
    2. drink water
    3. log all food
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    5. work on quilt
    6. organize files
    7. plan meals
    8. grocery store
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bet you're all wondering how I got on today! Not bad it seems!!

Just for Wednesday

- Log EVERYTHING! - yep :) just got the last few things to add! - and I'm in the GREEN!
    - 3 glasses of water minimum (breakfast, lunch and dinner) yeah, I had a bru with breakfast, and cold drinks with lunch and dinner
    - 5K steps if I can manage with the cold. - 7,139! Nailed it!
    - 15 min workout! - no - much too tired for that!
    - And... weigh in :unamused: .. tried to! Scales are either broken or out of battery!

So did pretty darn well! Did it! Just for one day!

Now to do it again tonorrow!
    That's my Day 1 streak!!

Goals for Thursday
    - Log everything again :)
    - 3-4 waters! Keep hydrated!
    - Take my meds! Inc. folic acid! (Keep forgetting this!)
    - 5K steps minimum
    - 15 min exercise
    - Take girls to the park
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bet you're all wondering how I got on today! Not bad it seems!!

Just for Wednesday

- Log EVERYTHING! - yep :) just got the last few things to add! - and I'm in the GREEN!
    - 3 glasses of water minimum (breakfast, lunch and dinner) yeah, I had a bru with breakfast, and cold drinks with lunch and dinner
    - 5K steps if I can manage with the cold. - 7,139! Nailed it!
    - 15 min workout! - no - much too tired for that!
    - And... weigh in :unamused: .. tried to! Scales are either broken or out of battery!

So did pretty darn well! Did it! Just for one day!

Now to do it again tonorrow!
    That's my Day 1 streak!!

Goals for Thursday
    - Log everything again :)
    - 3-4 waters! Keep hydrated!
    - Take my meds! Inc. folic acid! (Keep forgetting this!)
    - 5K steps minimum
    - 15 min exercise
    - Take girls to the park

GREAT JOB!!!!! Now make it 2 days in a row!!!!! Forget the scale - you've had a super successful day!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Wed, Aug 2
    1. going on DAY 8 - close the kitchen except for planned snack and meals :) Had my snack for tonite, and kitchen is now closed!! Gee ---- this is working for me. As they say, success brings success! Hoping I can finally break that awful habit I had developed! Tomorrow will be going on day 9! So not more food for tonite --- drink flavored water instead!
    2. drink water :)
    3. log all food :)
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) Went to the gym - 45 minutes on treadmill, 20 minutes heavy weights, and tonite went for a short 30 minute walk!
    5. work on quilt :) Going to do this right now!
    6. organize files :) At least got started on this!!
    7. plan meals :)
    8. grocery store :) Stocked up on healthy stuff! But .... they did have Eddy's ice cream on sale for $3.00. Uuually it is $5.99. . But I am going to try hard NOT to open it up ... instead my daughter will take it with her. Once I have one bowl, I'm doomed! But I did buy some Outshine Fruit Juice bars for me -- they are only 80 calories for a bar, and satisfy that hunger for something sweet and cold.

So Tomorow, Thurs, Aug 3
    1. log all food
    2. drink water
    3. eat only planned snacks and meals. CLOSE the kitchen the rest of the time. Going on DAY NINE!
    4. work more on file cabinets to organize
    5. go to the gym in the morning
    6. lay out gym clothes for friday morning

• Bex953172
    Options
    Just wanted to give lots of credit to @joan6630 you are absolutely smashing it on closing the kitchen!
    Very proud of you!
    I'm wondering now you've tackled the first 8 days, how far you can actually take this!

What's your next mini goal? 14 days? To make it a fortnight?
    I have total belief that you can do this!!