2017 Adopt a Noob Discussion

Options

Replies

• mlh6468
    mlh6468 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    New, 54 year old, ex-smoker, 5'10'', 232 lbs. I hope to get some male friends and offer/receive encouragement.
  • theritestuff
    theritestuff Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    29, male 5' 6" 178 - want to go to ~155 and also work on body comp.
    Sign me up!
  • ReddOnMyHead
    ReddOnMyHead Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be adopted if possible! I'm very new here so I'm not very knowledgeable about the boards or what all the app even does.
    I'm a 36 year old female, from Cincinnati, Ohio. No children but have a close knit family. My life is pretty busy with work, family and the Lord. Would prefer a Christian mentor or at least someone that is OK with God being my number 1 priority above all else. I have dieted and lost weight in the past but I am in a really deep "funk" where I've gained 40lbs in the last yr and a half. I work at a sit down job & even tho I sit most of the day I'm so drained at the end of the day that I make every excuse to not be active when I get off.
    I started a biggest loser competition through work that started yesterday and did ok so far. If anyone would like to adopt I'm open to it
  • esperanzab93
    esperanzab93 Posts: 24 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Im not really a newbie, but an in-and-out getting discouraged and starting again newbie lol. Definitely need a mentor if anyone has the time. :) I am 24, 5'4" and 178 lb. My goal is to be about 135-140. Can also mentor if anyone wants. I am very determined to encourage others. I love inspiring people to be better versions of themselves :)
  • Janealls70
    Janealls70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im a newbie, would like some advice. I have about 25lbs to lose, and find my mind starts to do me in, in the evenings, and weekends. I can hold myself to a meal plan while I am at work but when I get home or on the weekends, I think to myself Oh Ive been "good" I can have this or that and then it just spirals, I dont even have snacks on hand, I have to actually take myself somewhere (drive through, CVS at the time) . Then I feel bad about it and get back on track on Monday's, been doing this my entire adult life, and need a push or tips on how to get my mindset in the right direction. I just started walking in the evenings, I need help when SAT morning comes around and I think I can just drive myself to MCD's and get a biscuit lol....HELP :smile:
  • mamajaime388
    mamajaime388 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be adopted. I'm a 39 year old woman who has been overweight my whole life. I also have PCOS. If there is a mentor out there that is following keto, I would love some guidance. I'm about 5 or 6 weeks in, and doing pretty well, but could always use support. Anyone can also feel free to friend me, and we can help motivate each other!
  • nickitynic
    nickitynic Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm up for adoption :blush: I'm female, late 30's Aussie have PCOS and work from home. I've been on here before and the logging and accountability and global motivating friendships lead to me losing 20kg and I kept it off for over 2 years. Then I moved back to a colder/rainier climate and in with a fantastic cook partner and I got lazy, did the classic 'gain more than I lost'. I also have some lower back and knee injuries which I am working on. Looking for someone who perhaps has some similarities and/or who gets the challenges especially around PCOS. I've done it before and I can do it again!! Help??
  • esperanzab93
    esperanzab93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    anybody notice how many more newbies there are than mentors? :neutral:
  • sdc20
    sdc20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be adopted if there are mentors! I'm trying to lose 20-25 lbs, all gained in college (I just graduated). I'm not vegan or vegetarian, I have no dietary needs. I'm pretty good about running once a day and doing yoga every once and a while but my dietary habits are pretty bad (I definitely eat more than my body needs- I'm 5"2 and 132 lbs). I'd love someone to give me advice and keep me on track! Will power is definitely my biggest weakness.
  • billygunn31
    billygunn31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I want to be adopted. I am just starting out and I am currently 489lbs and 5 foot 9. I have a large number of health issues most of what have nothing to do with my weight. The number one heath issue is that i have around 8 tumors though out my body, before the doctors can or do surgry on me I need to lose 200+lbs as quickly and safely as possible. I need help
  • Morgenholt
    Morgenholt Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey team

I'd love to mentor and help out anyone that's just starting.

I'm 21 years old, 6'2, 188cm, 84.1kg, 185lbs. I've been exercising and keeping active for the past 5 years with boxing, weightlifting and bodybuilding. During this time I've been able to successfully add on 10kg 22lbs of muscle to my frame, tone up my body and double to quadruple the weight on my main compound barbell movements.

I'm by no means an expert, to be honest I'd consider myself more intermediate. My main strengths are nutrition focussing on fat loss, bodybuilding and starting strength through weightlifting.

Always available for a chat should anyone need help getting started, or if you've hit a frustrating plateau you can't get past.

Cheers

Jovan from New Zealand
  • Krombopulos_michael
    Krombopulos_michael Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hi mentor/s
    I'm a beginner im 19 i dont mind if i remain a beginner for a few months or even a year as long as my eyes arent bigger than my stomach with the whole exercising, i would like to maintain the habit

Your free to suggest what my limits are and what goals i do and exercise but if you can tell me what to expect with any of my present routines then that'll save me from getting dissapointed at any unfavourable results and would be most helpful to me.

If you were to motivate me you would be second place to the crack of dawn,
    I exercise early and its low impact for 30minutes to an hour starting from almost a month ago wont do it alone if a mentor can help me
    I am 65kg and aiming to strengthen myself and im a noob looking to be adopted.

Krombopulos Michael
  • LarryRacesBikes
    LarryRacesBikes Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I would very much like to mentor a few people starting out on their fitness and weight loss journey.

I am a career fitness professional with 36 years experience as a Pilates Instructor, Personal Trainer and Group Exercise Instructor. I lived and worked in Germany as a fitness professional and have taught across the Americas, in Europe and Asia. Needless to say health and fitness has been my life. That being said fitness doesn't come easy to me. I have to work at my weight loss and maintenance as well as work at maintaining my level of fitness. I have also had my share of injuries which I have overcome.

I love Milky Ways, Latte's, Potato Chips and Bacon. I also know the affect they have on my health and how easy it is to be tempted back to the dark side. I also believe in clean eating and work at finding foods which will satisfy my cravings. I also know portion control.

In my free time you will find me on my bike, a great source of freedom as well as a healthy way to keep up my cardio.

My clients say I am a stickler for precision and that I will hold you accountable. They also would say that working with me is a lot of fun.

I am available to chat, offer suggestions and to be a sounding board.
  • trlabath54
    trlabath54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to have a mentor to help me on my fitness journey!
    I am planning on joining the U.S. Army next year and I have 50 pounds to lose.

My name is Taylor and I am a 26 year old mother of a 7 week old baby boy. He has given me a new reason to better myself and my life. My husband and I have discussed it and I will be joining the military after next Summer. We are in a rut here in rural Iowa. We are in debt and unable to afford to save for a home. I never finished getting a degree and can no longer afford to finish. My sister has been in the Army for 15 years and has a Doctorate of Nursing. She has told me all of the benefits that the Army provides, but also all of the hard work I must go through in Boot Camp.

This is why I am reaching out for someone to help guide me through my journey and to keep me accountable. I not only want to lose weight, I want to be strong as well.

Anybody who is reading this, please feel free to reach out or add me as a friend!

Thank you!
  • theritestuff
    theritestuff Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    29, male 5' 6" 178 - want to go to ~155 and also work on body comp.
    Sign me up!

Nobody? This makes me sad :(
  • karenwolfe1
    karenwolfe1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :D

I would like to be adopted! I am 35 years old, mother of 2. I taught school for 8 years, and right now I work with Ford. I live in South Georgia, where it is so hot and stuffy. I would like to have someone to discuss weekly progress with. I have gained about 55 pounds in the past 5 to 6 years and I would really like to discuss my weekly progress with someone who understands that weight loss and changing your life for the best, is not something that can be done over-night. I feel that I would take my weight loss responsibility more seriously, if I knew that I would be called out, by my adopter, if I am not following through on my obligations. Thanks in Advance.. Karen
  • lag5140
    lag5140 Posts: 5 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey all,

I'd be more than willing to mentor and help out.

I'm in my late twenties, 5'-9", 172lbs. I've been actively participating in CrossFit and Olympic weightlifting for the past 4-5 years. With the addition of proper nutrition I've been able to add over 30 pounds to my frame (most of which I assume to be muscle mass) and drastically improve my performance and energy levels.

I can make myself available for a chat or to answer any messages should anyone need help getting started or looking to amp up what you've already got going.

Feel free to reach out
  • shalisa7
    shalisa7 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Adopt me please x Hi I have been on here quite a long time but went off the rails three months ago and regained 10 lb. I can only do walking as exercise due to knee/back issues. Would love someone to help me get back into it and find my will power (seems to have stayed in Devon icecream shop). Need to lose another 2-4 stone. I know how to do it just need the strength and commitment to stick to it. (lonely food addict). If anyone lives near me in East Sussex would be great to have a chat x
  • Melissa_fitmomof6
    Melissa_fitmomof6 Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I would love to be adopted! I need a push and someone who can help me when i have questions or am just being lazy that day lol I've already lost 100 lbs, but these last 50 are kille, it's been yo-yo with me. My issue now is I'm working out, and NOT eating! On a normal day I'd only eat dinner. This is hard to break, but I will conquer it. I know it's the reason I'm not losing AND tired all time. Who's up for challenge?!?!
  • jetsjoanin
    jetsjoanin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I NEED ADOPTION !

Im a 26 year old mother of one I've gained a lot of pounds that I am desperate to lose. I want to feel better and look better not only for myself but for my son. I just need some guidance and some help along the way as far as what to do and how. So if I could get a mentor that would be willing to coach me through my journey that would be amazing!

-Jet.
This discussion has been closed.