The Ultimate Before and After 30 Day Shred Thread

Options

Replies

• chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am on level 1 Day 6 tonight of 30DS. I feel so much better and stronger already. I'm no longer sore, it took until after day3.

The first 3 days are the hardest
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I reached day 4 of level 3 but have to take 2 weeks break because my doctor had prohibited "strenuous activities" after my minor surgery.

When I get back to the work-out, do I return to Level 3 or do I go back to Level 1?

Can you guys recommend non-strenuous exercise I can do in the meantime? Stopping right now is kinda making me sad :(

I would start over after two weeks break. For lower impact in the meantime I would say just walk. Even yoga might stretch you in the wrong way after surgery. I had minor outpatient laparoscopic surgery once and ripped my belly button stitches out when I walked up stairs earlier than I was supposed to...take it easy.
  • Sillybee727
    Options
    On level two, day five, taking another rest day today.
  • Sillybee727
    Options
    Level 2, day 9 done.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @Dmniel WOW!!!!! You look AWESOME!!!! You hard work is seriously paying off!!!! You just definitely solidified my resolve, I can't believe how much of a difference that is. Way to go.
  • Dmniel
    Dmniel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Dmniel WOW!!!!! You look AWESOME!!!! You hard work is seriously paying off!!!! You just definitely solidified my resolve, I can't believe how much of a difference that is. Way to go.

@WickAndArtoo Thank you WickAndArtoo! I'm on day 4 of level 2 now, and I just keep telling myself I'm half way there! And that it'd be stupid to stop at this point
  • georginasanders328
    georginasanders328 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Started back on this today! I did it at beginning of the year and lost a tonne of weight. Day 1 level 1 and have taken pics, not pretty, but hoping to be able to post some awesome after pics like all of you in 29 days!
  • runintherain
    runintherain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Really motivated by this post, and am planning on starting this series soon.

FYI - it's worth checking if your local library has the DVDs (mine did)!
  • beginforthelasttime16
    beginforthelasttime16 Posts: 533 Member
    Options

I'm going to start Wednesday if you want to do it together!
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options

I'm going to start Wednesday if you want to do it together!

I'm re-starting tomorrow, so we will be nearly on the same schedule! This will be the first time that I won't have to travel every week so I think I'll actually be able to finish the whole thing without interruption :smile:
  • hotmomma73
    hotmomma73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I have this DVD but I was told (by people who pay trainers) and have also read that you should not do strength training, of the same muscles everyday. So with her being a trainer, she goes against that rule. I know there's always varying information on how to do everything but I definitely don't want to injure myself using weights everyday. Any thoughts?
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    hotmomma73 wrote: »
    So I have this DVD but I was told (by people who pay trainers) and have also read that you should not do strength training, of the same muscles everyday. So with her being a trainer, she goes against that rule. I know there's always varying information on how to do everything but I definitely don't want to injure myself using weights everyday. Any thoughts?

Ive heard that she actually says you should take rest days, the name is just a gimmick in a way, it sounds good. The actual exercises and DVD are amazing, and people clearly get results, and everyone that I've seen doing it on here plays it smart and takes rest days/does cross training. I personally do a different level each day depending on how I'm feeling (level 1 if I'm tired/sore, level 3 if I'm feeling awesome,level 2 when I'm in between). Some people find it motivating to do it every day or in order, you just need to use your brain and do what feels right for you. It's not like you are being forced to do it one specific way, the whole point is just to commit to a good burn regularly!
  • Nykkismommy21
    Nykkismommy21 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started her Beginner Shred two dsys ago, hoping to get some good results. I had her 30 day shred a few years ago, never got padt the first workout I believe before getting pregnant. I am so out of shape I decided to go with the Beginner Shred so it could be something I could accomplish, but honestly it kicks my butt too!! Luckily by the time im ready to give in. The 20 minutes are up! I sweat real good,and I love it. I hope I can dp the whole 30 days. I have 5lb weights too. And I follow a 1200 calorie diet,with walking 3x a week for an hour..Though I just started MFP 10 days ago,as of this morning I was 4 lb down. Totally motivated, but thinking about leaving the weekend off for the Beginner Shred, because my legs burned soo much I almost couldn't do the workout. Nah,I will just do what I can on a daily, I think. That's a better way of thinking right. One thing I noticed about most of the ladies that do Jillian's workout.They get their booties in shape!! Really lifted.
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone looks great!
  • SisepuedeLinda
    SisepuedeLinda Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Is this the 30 day shred with Jillian or a different/specific one? Because I have one from Walmart I bought like 5 years ago but I don't know if there's different versions. Because someone said it was expensive but I got it for $10 lol. Does she make different videos?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!