Dr Oz tolerance to carbs info

Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have a Dr Oz intolerance. Why oh why do people still listen to him after he's been called out so many times for spewing pseudoscience?

Not just called out he was hauled to congress to explain himself wasn't he.

Which, not to turn this political, was a complete waste of time for your Congress.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Taste change?

I don't understand...why would the 'taste change'?
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Taste change?

I don't understand...why would the 'taste change'?

That's my question, what does taste change mean?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I challenge anyone to eat 6 jatz crackers in 60 seconds. If you can achieve this, then you are carb tolerant. :wink:

Note: I have yet to meet someone who can do it .

What is a jatz cracker.

I like those little wine tasting crackers. Should get some.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Probably a typo of Ritz. And I could definitely eat 6 Ritz crackers in 60 seconds. I will take that challenge!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Probably a typo of Ritz. And I could definitely eat 6 Ritz crackers in 60 seconds. I will take that challenge!

I just googled: http://www.arnotts.com.au/products/jatz/

Can't tell how big they are, but they don't appear very big. I don't believe 6 of these in 60 seconds would present any sort of problem.

eta: I just noticed in the picture the half lime, so these are about the same size as the diameter of a lime. Yeah, I'm not seeing a problem with this. Unless she meant that they're so good, you'll have trouble stopping at six.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've never seen a salt-less cracker. Even the ones that say no salt tops, have the same amount of salt in them.

OTC wine tasting crackers (just looked them up): 11 crackers, 130 cal, 30 mg sodium, 4 g sugar. Wheat, water, sugar, palm oil, and salt (but it can't be that much).

I'm avoiding palm oil, though, blah. I love these, they are super bland, which is weirdly what I like in a cracker.

Oh, well, back to no crackers for me.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yes, presumably it has something to do with breaking down starch into sugar. Which everyone can do, barring really strange and problematic health problems, and has nothing to do with "carb tolerance".

But honestly, I've lost interest in this absurd woo. What I'm more interested in is the existence of crackers in flavours like 'bacon' or 'chicken in a biscuit'.

This intrigues me because I understand the US crisp (chip) scene is fairly hidebound to basic seasonings (salt, vinegar, pepper, ranch) and eschews the more exotic crisp flavours that are normal in the UK (bacon, roast beef, worcestershire sauce, fish and chips).

And yet your crackers are apparently a festival of fake dinner tastes that rival Willy Wonka. What gives?

I can't explain the whole cracker situation (it's odd to me too and I'm an American), but Lays does make special edition chips with more unusual flavors -- wasabi ginger, biscuits and gravy, chicken and waffle, Reuben, everything bagel, etc.

And Doritos does some unusual chips, including a truly bizarre "Dorito Loco Taco"-flavored chip. That's a chip that supposedly tastes like a Taco Bell taco with a Dorito shell. So it's like Doritos doubled?