Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• OGFleabag
    OGFleabag Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    the local ice cream shop is Ball's Softee Ice Cream.

Harold Ball is the owner. he lives by my MIL. Harry Ball's Softee.
  • Shawneea
    Shawneea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This may not be that weird but, I named my daughter Cha'Jadeci. We have lived in the same town and school district all through her childhood years. Her nickname, that she has had since she was probably a year old, is Nu-Nu. On her graduation day guess who the principal announced across the stage for a diploma? Yep, Nu-Nu (WTH). It was definitely a memorable moment. You know, she's in college now, and funny-to-say her professors also call her Nu-Nu, lol.
  • ar1356
    ar1356 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I work where I see alot of names and the best is Larry Darryberry!
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    So, this one is often regarded as an urban myth. I am here to tell you that, unfornately, it is not.

My stepmom works for Children's Services. One of the girls on her case load is named Sh*thead (and if you've heard the "urban myth" before, yes --- it is pronounced "Shi-theed").

Please tell me how THAT name was ever legally allowed. Poor girl. There's a reason children's services is involved.

(Coincidentally -- Police Officer that patrolled near my high school was named Richard Butt. He actually went by ****.)
    It's actually a pretty common Indian name, pronounced Shi-thay-yed, my friends husband saw it on the roll when he started as a teacher, yikes, I wouldn't know what to say!

Didn't know that! I'll try to pretend like that's what this girl's mother intended.

(Poor husband! I wouldn't even try. Just ask them, lol.)

There is one in the Little Rock school district! Also, there is a girl named Labia, pronounced Labrea, and last but not least, Latrine with the emphasis on the I instead of sounding like latreen. these are all in Little Rock, thank God I went to school in a different school district!
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I coach a girl who's real name is Heaven Leigh Payne (heavenly pain?) seriously.
    All of her siblings have strange names too.
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot, Matthew McConnoughey's brother named his son Miller Lyte. Also, my uncle went to school with a guy named Jack Knopf, Knopf is pronounced kin off. So his name was pronounced jack kin off. No joke!
  • brndygrl98
    brndygrl98 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am in healthcare and we see all kinds of crazy names. One little boy (and I am NOT kidding) is named Lil Robert...yes, like as in little Robert even pronounced Lil ! There's also Cheetara, Sherclitia, Germia, Thor, Kal-El (just like Nick Cage's son, but this kid had it first), Jachavious, Dontravious, and even someone named Cocaine (what was his mama thinking?)....the list goes on and on.

NOTHING on this thread has made me laugh more than Cheetara! I mean, really? REALLY? That is awesome.

Poor girl is only 26 years old, lol.
  • ShariK67
    ShariK67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've heard the ****head name also. You're probably right about the urban myth. But just checking, what state are you from?
  • ShariK67
    ShariK67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've heard of siblings names lemonjello and orangejello. Pronounced Le-MON-gelo and Or-ON-gelo.
  • 11aking
    11aking Posts: 30
    Options
    Well, my name is Ashee, and that's not particularly normal. I've met a man named Ding :) haha. Oh, and my boyfriend swears if we ever have quadruplets, their names shall be Death, War, Famine, and Pestilence King...after the four horsemen of the Apocalypse. I told him he's an idiot. If I was the most gorgeous girl in the world, I would still feel hideous if my name was Pestilence King.lol.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a guy named Mac ,his mom got remarried when he was three and his step father legally adopted him. This changing his last name. His nmae was Mac Macully.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I know a girl named Heavenly.
    Once at camp when I was younger I met a girl name Lovely.
  • bluevwgurl
    bluevwgurl Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    My uncle's name is Hobart Benjamin. He goes by Ben. Hobart was passed down from his great grandfather.
  • BMiller5
    BMiller5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have assisted a customer whose name was... Virgin Mary!!! Really? Who does that to their child? She does not acknowledge the Virgin insists on being called Mary. Cant say that I blame her.
  • kdtann
    kdtann Posts: 89
    Options
    I just heard the radio station talking about this yesterday..

Delmonte Zuchini

Aboveandbeyond -- all one word
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    At the college my hubby works at there is a lady whose last name is DancingElk.

Also there is one whose name is Margaret Yanus. When he was setting up her e-mail it came out as MYanus@ She demanded it be changed.
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    We've had the "jello" brothers here too lol

I know a young man named Sincere.

My daughter's name is Iyzella Neve (eye - zella Na vay)

I have a fish named Toliver -- which would have been my daughter's name if she was a he lol.

I love the name Twila....

I met a woman who named her son Dragon (Dray-gone)

I knew a girl named Shadeau.

I love unique names. Classics are good too :)
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    At the college my hubby works at there is a lady whose last name is DancingElk.

Also there is one whose name is Margaret Yanus. When he was setting up her e-mail it came out as MYanus@ She demanded it be changed.

lol. can't say I blame her but still pretty hilarious :laugh:
  • AJDL
    AJDL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Laughing is the best exercise, and some of these are doozies!! My kids both have unusual names, Xavier(X-avier, no one ever says the "X") and Zalea(like the flower azalea, but without the "A", Zale-ya). We love both names and the kids fit them. If they ever are bothered by them, they have pretty normal middle names. Just didn't want anything too common.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    My church is a school. And years back when i would help me dad clean the rooms i saw a lot of weird names on the tables.

Bonquiqui
    Jordaven
    Eliasent
    Mortagan
    Britasha
    Copper

I cant even pronounce half of those. I dont even know if those can be pronounced....i like different names but those...are odd.

Britasha is my new fave. Although I think I would spell it Bra' tasha. :laugh:

LOL!