how much carbs is too much carbs? - dietary help

Options

Replies

• Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    For me, I personally distinguish between general carbs (fruit, vegetables, beans) and "white" carbs (bread, crackers, white rice, baked goods). I know people who eat very low carb will cut out most carbs but I'm not doing that. I have a hard time with bread etc. because I tend to eat too much of it. It also spikes my blood sugar, especially if I eat them first thing in the morning, then leaves me with that shaky hunger mid-morning.

So if my eating style was one that worked for you I would recommend adding lots of vegetables, beans, etc. and cutting back on noodles, bread, and other things like that. I haven't cut all that out, but for example salty potato chips (yum) -- I might get them when I'm out somewhere but I try to avoid bringing them home because I'll eat too many. :expressionless:
  • lorbor93
    lorbor93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok well your brain got you in the position you're in right now and if you aren't happy with where you are at perhaps it's time to start leveraging someone else's. Find someone who lives the lifestyle you want to live and ask them to mentor you.

It's that simple. You're not that smart. I'm not that smart. Hire a coach.