WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Katla, would putting some sort of chain, or bicycle lock on the hose be an option so that woman couldn't uncoil it?

Chris in MA
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Gripe #2 & 3: The neighbor who was put in charge of the community landscape keeps using our private water to keep community landscape plants she has put in watered on a daily basis and she doesn't coil the hose up correctly to come off of the holder in an orderly way. It is a hassle for me to get out and use when I need to wash down sidewalks after the dog has made a mistake. I end up having to take most of the hose off the holder to get it to stretch out and reach what needs reaching. The messes are less than fifteen feet from the water spigot but I have to take off nearly 60 feet of tangled hose to use it. There is an in-ground automatic watering system that the President of the HOA has turned off. We pay fees for this and if it is broken, he needs to get it fixed. We shouldn't be spending additional personal dollars to pay for the community landscape plants to be watered & shouldn't be inconvenienced by a tangled hose.

Katla, why not drop her a note. It sounds like she may not realize it is a private hose. You might also post a small sign or label on the hose. What about a chain or cable type bike lock?
    Linda NJ
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Spiritbear. Do you need his address? Here it is if you don't have it

SR Gossett, Owain, S.
    Div 300
    Ship 06. USS Constitution
    3510 Illinois Street
    Great Lakes, IL. 60088-3119

Thanks again.
    Becca
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rye Love Kitty Charlie!

Lanette physical terrorist - LOL!

Karen in Virginia
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »

Today i'm struggling with some of my lifelong physical disabilities. In retrospect it is easy for me to understand why I hate most all forms of exercise- if I can properly do it at all it is usually in a limited and very poor manner. You would think at 53 I'd be used to these things but to hear someone dismissively say "well you are obviously doing it wrong, what don't you even know how to ride a bike and change gears properly" just brought me to tears.
    Because the answer is no, I have dyspraxia and a proprioceptive disorder and I was born legally blind in one eye AND I grew up riding a no speed bike or a three speed bike that I left in 2nd gear at all times.

Telling me my rpm should be between 60 and 100 ( or whatever) is the same as telling a color blind person to pick the red one - it doesn't mean anything to me. I don't know which disability is at fault this time but I sure don't have any clue how You people would know how many revolutions a minute you are pedaling. My best feuds would be more than ten but less than 200 and, no, I don't have any clue better than that.

Do they still make one speed bikes?

Sorry to hear all that. :(

They do still make one speed bicycles. :)

And as for cadence (rpm), you count it by counting the number of times your right foot (or left foot if you prefer) goes around in 15 seconds ... and then multiplying that number by 4. Or sometimes I'm on a long straight stretch with nothing else to do, so I'll count it for the full minute. You can also get computers that count it for you.

I have a cyclist friend who is completely blind in one eye. She has mentioned that there are certain challenges such as depth perception. I suspect she gives obstacles a wide berth.

Anyway, you're not stupid ... it's the same with learning anything. It takes time and practice. :)

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did 1-1/4 hr Jari Love DVD (weights). The plan for tomorrow is to do a lower Body Pilates DVD.

Joyce - Mr. Mozart is too precious for words

Marti - welcome back!

Made 4 more favors for the shower. That's really all I'm going to do. In order to make any more, I would have to buy another package of the key rings (28). Jess said last night that she sent out (I thought it was more) 28 invites. You know that some people won't be coming. So I have 4 more, that's 28 in total. Then got the brownies for Jess' friend's mom ready to send to her. I realized that she's diabetic, I'd completely forgotten. Oh well..... Then went in the pool, have church tonight were I'm not only Lector but also Eucharistic Minister.

Allie - all I can think of is that song "movin on up". Whenever the kids would want to rearrange their rooms, Vince would always tell them to draw it out. So many times things just didn't fit where they thought it would fit.

Heather - gorgeous pic

Josephine - life is tough, isn't it (you can't mow...boo)....lol

spunkygal - why not use up all the organic foods by making multiple portions and then freezing some of them?

Rye - (((HUGS)))

Kate - so glad the surgery went well. Did they do both eyes or just one at a time?

DJ - thanks for the suggestions. I honestly don't care what song we walk in to. I guess it's important to Denise (or maybe Maria). I would just like to have a song referencing the two families coming together. To me, that's appropriate. As far as how many favors I'm making, to begin with remember I asked Maria not to do anything with the favors, that I would take care of it. And so what did she do? And she's very insistent that we give out two favors. I suggested I incorporate them into what I'm doing -- no go. You would think she'd return them since I had asked her not to do it, but natch she didn't do that. Even Denise said "oh ma, it's just a mirror". To me, why bother????? I made 28, mainly because that's how many key chain rings are in a package. I spoke to Jess yesterday and she said she'd sent out 28 invites, and Maria added 2 more people. You know that there are people who won't show up. Like Jess told me that she sent an invitation to my friend Carol to her NJ address and to her FL address. And she said that Denise is inviting someone from Pete's side who lives in GA, I would tend to doubt that they'd come. I made 28. If there happen to be more than 28 who come, they can just take a mirror. Honestly, I think most people would rather not even be bothered with a favor. I know I couldn't care less. I just added up how much those 28 cost me and it came to a little under $200. But I hope Denise is happy (she'd better be....lol). At least I did get Vince to go for some dancing lessons so that we don't look like total fools on the dance floor. I don't want to spend the entire evening doing just the 2-step. Please take care of yourself.

Rori - how funny it would be if Allie switched Toms blue pills.....lol But what does he use them for now that his side-kick doesn't want anything to do with him (unless things have changed)?

All the cat photos make me smile. Egg is adorable and Charlie is something else. Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Denise just called. Jess is going there this weekend to look at the place where the shower will be. Denise said that since Jess will be up there, why doesn't she pick up her dress? Evidentally, Jess was not happy about having to do this. Really, Denise was the one who wanted to go to this place. It was more expensive and they charge for shipping. Denise said that she doesn't like driving there (not that I can blame her, I wouldn't like driving there either). So why did she go there? Amanda used to work there and I'm willing to bet that Amanda and Maria talked her into it. We told her that we don't know Jess' schedule, perhaps she can't go. I told her to see if maybe someone else was going there before next Sat. and they can pick up Jess' dress and give it to Denise for me to take back to Jess'. Part of me just wants to say "why doesn't Maria just go pick up the dress. She talked you into going to that place.". But I'm not going to give any more to Maria. She's done enough!

Lanette - how sweet of you to mow that guy's property. We, too, didn't realize that we were supposed to maintain the area under the power lines. We thought the power company did! So one year we had to cut down all the weeds. And let me tell you, some of them were really thick. We had to buy this special mower. It's real heavy duty, it even cuts thru some small trees. The interesting thing is that the person who owns the lot next to ours doesn't do anything to keep his lot cleaned. Well, we do ours, we aren't going to do theirs, too. "Physical terrorist" what a hoot. I remember after Vince had an operation on his knee, the next day the physical therapist came in and started therapy. Vince screamed in pain. What was the therapists' reaction? He closed the door!

Michele in NC
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    <3
    Dana in Arkansas
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    When Christina got married, the reception was just downstairs in the church reception hall and it was just a celebration, not a big thing, cake and punch. Michelle's husband wanted a big wedding and reception though. So for all of us women walking into the reception hall, we had sunglasses on and walked with a big swag. The guys did so,etching similar. I think I was the hit because so many people did kept know this old lady had any swag and boy did I work it! But the ladies group was the bride,mother, brides maids. Of course we had 3 Moms. Her husband was kind of a orphan but not really one. When he was a young teenager, his mom, an alcoholic purposefully ran over and killed his Dad. So he didn't have any parents since Mom was in prison and Dad was dead. So he grew up in a series of foster homes. A teenage boy doesn't do well in foster homes and was eventually in two different group homes. The Moms in these 2 he considered his Moms. So when it came to the Moms listing the wedding candle, all 3 of us went up. His two lit his at the same time. Charlie's first dance with Michelle was Butterfly kisses. I just almost couldn't make it through that one. I wanted him to sing that at Christina's wedding but he wouldn't do it. But for their wedding, they both sang a song to each other. Paul can sing. Sing being in little bitty letters. He practiced on his guitar for hours getting his song perfects. He still didn't get it right at the wedding and kept singing the chorus over and over again. Finally Christina broke in and they sang the end together. They had Karaoke at Michelle's wedding and he sang the song for her and hubbies dance. That guy, Dan, was a charmer but brought to much luggAge into the marriage and it didn't work. But I sure loved that guy. He was very naive and I felt like I was another Mom to him. Well he called me his Mom many times which a lot of SIL do but to him it was genuine. Very immature man who didn't know how to spend or keep money or honesty in marriage. He knew Michelle did not want him to rein list for another tour in Afghanistan so he did it while he was over there. His excuse was that by reinlisting there it was a larger bonus.

Ok, that was a lot of convo in one paragraph. Over on my MS forum I would have had to break it up. Oh, she divorced the guy after he cheated on her. He is now divorced 3 times.

Lanette, that was a very helpful and tactful way to let the guy know it was his job and to also help. He was brought up well. Had a good Mom and Dad.

Just did my pill keepe for next week. I have a boat load of refills for next week and I am I the donut hole!!!!!! UGH! Money, money.mthey say we can't take it with us.

Joyc, Indiana
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Yes, Rye, they do make one speed bikes. I am sorry people were rude and insensitive to you. I know it's hard to let unkind words go, but you have to. That you are out there trying speaks volumes about your character. You are most definitely not a loser.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • ILove2Craft
    ILove2Craft Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    B)
    Marti
    Eastern Oregon
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,692 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    went to sleep at 7 and woke up at around 5:50 am, guess I slept well though woke up around 2 for about 1/2 hr..
    I took down my curtains and curtain rods, and washed the curtains they are the lightweight swag that hang down the sides, there are only 2 windows and a slider in the condo, so I am set there. keeping fingers crossed on that one, but it hasn't sold yet.
    will show attorney monday the picture of the scrip bottle,more ammunition although I dont think it will do much of anything.. Elena didn't really admit anything even though I have proof so we shall see where that leads..
    Tomorrow is court again, and we shall see if he and his attorney show up this time,if they dont then from here on in he will be paying all of my counsel fee's
    Toms aunt ,uncle and cousin went to visit my DFIL yesterday, he doesnt get many visitors except Tom and I
    will go down this morning and then,will come home do some cleaning, and more packing..