Black Team Challenge week 6

Options

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Results are up.

So far in 5 weeks we have lost a couple bodies but most of all we have lost a whole me when I first started on this journey!!:laugh: :laugh: 215.85

we have averaged 1.5 pounds per person for 5 weeks.

GREAT JOB!!!

I will be weighing in tomorrow...here's hoping for a big loss!

(Sam I convinced my grandfather to move the scale out of his bedroom so tomorrow morning I can weigh in in the dining room! Now I just need to make sure that I can get nekkid in there without anyone seeing!)

Ooooo Laura, just THINK of the calories you will burn if Grandpa comes into the kitchen!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ok so here it is. I want everyone who competes in our challenges to find their heart rate on the chart. We all have been working out at a good clip so this shouldn't be so hard. The challenge is to stay between 50-85% with our heart rate for at least 30 minutes straight 5 days this week. Plus 100 jumping jacks!

I also believe what jillian says on 30 day shred. She has 400 pound men doing jumping jacks anyone can do them.

I believe in every single one of us. We have done so great at this challenge and we all have become very close.

I don't think that this challenge is so difficult but it's the challenge to make yourself work when you don't want to.

Hope everyone doesn't hate me at the end of this.

EDIT: heartrate.jpg

Well thank you very much missy!! This is exactly what I need this week!
    I am still
    eating 5 fruits and veggies a week
    drinking 64 oz of water
    and have not looked at the scale all week until this morning
    So the challenges are really good for me!

I will see you next week and hopefully I will have lost a freakin pound of unwanted fat!!:flowerforyou:

Whoa-- hold it right there, young lady-- what about the ab work? Hmmm????

I'm feeling suddenly very slighted.:cry:
  • Marla64
    Options
    :noway: I read 10 jumping jacks....

well I guess I promised already....next time I will read the contract more closely!:laugh:

Curse that fine print and our middle aged eyes!!!!!!!:angry::angry:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just found this, and while I am not making any promises (this looks intimidating!) I am going to do my best!

Laura-- you are doing so incredibly-- that ticker is just moving on along-- I'm so impressed!!!

Gotta check and see if you have any new pictures on your profile. I love how you've been documenting your progress with photos--

Have a good night, young lady!!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Results are up.

So far in 5 weeks we have lost a couple bodies but most of all we have lost a whole me when I first started on this journey!!:laugh: :laugh: 215.85

we have averaged 1.5 pounds per person for 5 weeks.

GREAT JOB!!!

I will be weighing in tomorrow...here's hoping for a big loss!

(Sam I convinced my grandfather to move the scale out of his bedroom so tomorrow morning I can weigh in in the dining room! Now I just need to make sure that I can get nekkid in there without anyone seeing!)

good luck on that one.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am having a small problem.

Lately I feel REALLY HUNGRY all the time. I'm adjusting my calories to a 1lb a week loss and am trying to eat smaller meals every two-three hours to try and fight off the hunger but it's just not going away. No matter how much I drink or eat, I just have this growly, angry stomach.

And no, it's not diabetes. I was just tested and everything is fine. I'm perfectly healthy... well... mostly.

So people, WHAT THE HECK? Could it be the new strength training program I started two weeks ago? Or stress? OR WHAT? Okay, that's not actually what I'm asking. What I am wondering is this: Anyone else having troubles with being hungry all the time? What do you do about it if you do?

And if you don't have this problem, PITY ME. And my hungry tummy. :wink:

:yawn:

Night people. OH and sorry I haven't been participating too muc.h It's crazy busy lately.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Nicky, water is my key in this hungry stomach thing, that and fiber.

Sam, this challenge is going to cost me. I want to go look for a HRM and then if I am going to do this darn jumping jacks I need more support up top. :laugh:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Nicky-YES,the strength training will make you hungry...try drinking a glasss of water before each meal! The only thing that helps me feel fuller is eating clean meals/food and making sure that im eating my veggies anf fruits(no matter how boring they are:laugh: )

I have some great news guys...my DH FINALLY got a call back yesterday and started a new job last night:bigsmile: its 3rd shift but it will do for now:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: we both broke out into a happy dance after the phone call:laugh: :wink:

i forgot to add that my workout yesterday kicked my bootie:sick: and my average heartrate was at its target for 45mins:bigsmile: the jumping jacks kept it up too!

ok,bbl
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Oh Amelia, I am so HAPPY that your dh got the job. (((HUGS))) and hopefully the third shift will change. :flowerforyou:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Thanks For the hugs Amanda! Im waiting for him to get now. Im eager to see how his first day went:bigsmile:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I have some great news guys...my DH FINALLY got a call back yesterday and started a new job last night:bigsmile: its 3rd shift but it will do for now:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: we both broke out into a happy dance after the phone call:laugh: :wink:

Yea! for your DH! That's great.

I did an hour on the elliptical yesterday and kept my heart rate up. I asked Dave if that can count for 2 30-minute sessions. He said no it's just today's 30 minutes plus an extra 30 minutes. :grumble: I tried the jumping jacks and about passed out after 30, not to mention I about fell because the dog got right under my feet. Hello! Can't you see Mommy is jumping up and down like a goofball?!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I am having a small problem.

Lately I feel REALLY HUNGRY all the time. I'm adjusting my calories to a 1lb a week loss and am trying to eat smaller meals every two-three hours to try and fight off the hunger but it's just not going away. No matter how much I drink or eat, I just have this growly, angry stomach.

And no, it's not diabetes. I was just tested and everything is fine. I'm perfectly healthy... well... mostly.

So people, WHAT THE HECK? Could it be the new strength training program I started two weeks ago? Or stress? OR WHAT? Okay, that's not actually what I'm asking. What I am wondering is this: Anyone else having troubles with being hungry all the time? What do you do about it if you do?

And if you don't have this problem, PITY ME. And my hungry tummy. :wink:

:yawn:

Night people. OH and sorry I haven't been participating too muc.h It's crazy busy lately.

Hey nikki,

if the water doesn't work, and you aren't already, try switching to more whole grain (no really - not just products that are labeled that way) foods. It takes longer to digest and can make you feel full longer.

Amelia, great news for your DH - very happy for you both..

Amanda - I just bought a HRM last night as well - time to get serious..

All, hope your day is going well. Will be going down to fitness center at 11 am to do 60 minutes on the cardio machines before lunch..

janie
  • nickybr38
    Options

i forgot to add that my workout yesterday kicked my bootie:sick: and my average heartrate was at its target for 45mins:bigsmile: the jumping jacks kept it up too!

ok,bbl

YAYA! Congrats!

Thanks everyone for the tips. I'll try that today and hope for the best.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    FEB2009.jpg

Does this fur make me look fat?
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    FEB2009.jpg

Does this fur make me look fat?

only this time of year - LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

is that yours..
  • nickybr38
    Options
    only this time of year - LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

is that yours..

That's my baby. He's on that scale every other day. Heh. Funny part is he didn't learn it from me because I don't use that particular scale. It's too complicated. ): HAHAHA.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all ... just a quick check in to say hello... busy busy day today.

Zumba tonight! That means I'll have my heartrate at about 85% to 90% for 45 minutes. I try to slow down and get it down to a more reasonable level, but I'm having too much fun and want to keep doing the moves. Oh well ... I haven't keeled over yet!! I'm excited because my older daughter gets to come visit and go to class with me, so that will be a lot of fun!

Have a great day everybody!

:heart: Tresa
  • Marla64
    Options
    Hey folks-- have my meals planned for the day. Crockpot chili for dinner tonight, slimfasting it for breakfast and dinner.

Had a lovely, frigid run last night-- windchill of 3 degrees. It was cold, but sooo lovely. After the first lap (nearly a mile) I didn't feel so cold anymore, and my brain stopped feeling like it was going to freeze to the inside of my forehead. It was total Marla versus herself, which I really enjoy. Nobody there egging me on, no Billy Blanks encouraging me, no Turbo Charlene-- just me, myself and I-- and when I accomplish those little feats, I feel so, so, so good--

So, I'm feeling great today, guys-- drinking my water, doing my exercise, counting my calories, drinking the SlimFast-- this weight's gotta budge eventually, right?

Have a great day, all--
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Yea! for your DH! That's great.

I did an hour on the elliptical yesterday and kept my heart rate up. I asked Dave if that can count for 2 30-minute sessions. He said no it's just today's 30 minutes plus an extra 30 minutes. :grumble: I tried the jumping jacks and about passed out after 30, not to mention I about fell because the dog got right under my feet. Hello! Can't you see Mommy is jumping up and down like a goofball?!

Yay for the new job!!

Our cat does the same thing only its oooooo Mommy is on the floor time to try to lay on her tummy.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Hey folks-- have my meals planned for the day. Crockpot chili for dinner tonight, slimfasting it for breakfast and dinner.

Had a lovely, frigid run last night-- windchill of 3 degrees. It was cold, but sooo lovely. After the first lap (nearly a mile) I didn't feel so cold anymore, and my brain stopped feeling like it was going to freeze to the inside of my forehead. It was total Marla versus herself, which I really enjoy. Nobody there egging me on, no Billy Blanks encouraging me, no Turbo Charlene-- just me, myself and I-- and when I accomplish those little feats, I feel so, so, so good--

So, I'm feeling great today, guys-- drinking my water, doing my exercise, counting my calories, drinking the SlimFast-- this weight's gotta budge eventually, right?

Have a great day, all--

WTG Marla, its those small battles that you win with yourself that mean so much.