True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    beingmore1 wrote: »
    I confess I can't even make it through five days without messing up my diet. Guess I need to make a different plan. I also better get working on a time slowing invention. And a way to grow money in the garden. And also a self maintaining garden. And I should probably also get working on some sort of electroshock device that will zap you until you get your workout done. Or zap you if you eat snacks. Or drink beer. Maybe later I should just drink a lot of beer. I could work on that.

Don't be so tough on yourself ..make a plan that works for you. I knew I could never go without takeaway or chocolate ..so I fit them in...every Sunday normally but sometimes life happens and well..treat day might be bumped up to Thursday. Not often but sometimes you just gotta..
    At least while you're drinking your beer think about what would work best for you so you don't feel deprived.. :) and give a new plan a go..it may work, it may not, keep tweaking it till you have a plan you can live with...
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I confess it feels pretty good to not be plotting harm on people like I was last week. Hopefully my improved mood will last...
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    I've never watched Star Wars.

@cee134 someone needs a rundown

(Sorry if you already did im a little behind)
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

You monster!
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    ...or Star Trek

For the love of...this ones ok, the original show and movies bored me
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

Me either

Whew. I was afraid I'd get evicted.

I plan to watch them all with my kids. Soon.

Throughout the past two decades, two science fiction cult classics have rivaled
    each other. Both have strong followings of loyal fans that live and breathe these classic
    tales. Lunch boxes, t-shirts, masks, bed sheets, and figurines are only some of the
    merchandising offspring of these two epic films. Star Wars and Star Trek certainly share
    many similarities being the benchmarks for the genre of science fiction movies.
    While the similarities are not difficult to see, especially when many people confuse their
    names to be the same thing, differences account for he greatness of each movie. If one
    were to place a Trekie (Star Trek fan) and a Star Wars maniac fan in the same room,
    surely only one would get out alive. This is because Star Wars and Star Trek are very
    arguably different. Although Star Wars and Star Trek are both stunning examples of
    modern science fiction, they are not the same. Star Trek and Star Wars each posses
    similar and different general concepts, themes, and motives.

First of all, the technology of Star Trek and Star Wars hold some similarities, but
    mostly differences. Star Wars has the superior weaponry. Star Wars has lightsabers
    (highly dignified glowing swords that slice titanium doors like nuclear powered
    chainsaws), laser blasters, planet destroying canons, and mystical energy called “the
    force.” In Star Wars, most ships are capable of light speed, which can move their ships to
    different galaxies in seconds. Also in Star Wars MeeseeksAndDestroy is a thespian. Radically shaped battle ships and battle stations also add to the weapon arsenal. All in all Star Wars has stunning fictional technology which really
    creates the right atmosphere for the dialogue.

Star Trek, however, seems to have a more realistic approach to technology. Star
    Trek has pathetic tasers which look like garage door openers, but can be set to stun to
    preserve life instead of vaporizing it. The Star Trek vessels also posses photon torpedoes,which seem to always be deflected by the enemies shields. Star Trek ships posses warp speed, which is a common caracteristic with Star Wars’ lightspeed. The starships are very attractive and streamlined, but hold a more realistic and practical appearance. Star Trek’s technology resembles the most likely future of technology, which adds to the realism of Star Trek.
  • CutieCait123
    CutieCait123 Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I have seen this happen multiple times. Different ages, but all young kids and one parent packs up and moves across the country[/quote]

I know someone who has done this, she left three of her children. Following leaving her children she was a surrogate for twins and adopted 3 kids :s

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    IC the vast majority of my own insecurities come from social media, I guess media in general actually...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    IC that sometimes (more often than I probably should admit) I leave 500 or so calories in my daily allotment free.. so I can have wine. I probably should be eating that 500 calories, but I like the mellowness I get from drinking wine or certain other alcoholic beverages.
  • CutieCait123
    CutieCait123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options

oh no :'(
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    I confess I started creating a profile on an online dating site but deleted it.

Was it Tinder?

No, should I sign up there? :#

What am I saying?! You are already on MFP. Best dating site around!

lol It's really not much different than dating sites. Prob half or more of the men on dating sites are married.

The whole distance thing sucks too.

That's also not that different on dating sites. lol I get messages from guys all over the US and over seas. I've had messages from guys in NZ and England. WTF?! How we gonna date if you're across an ocean dude?!

Interesting, I thought you'd get paired up with people in your area. WTF is the point trying to hook up with someone in an entire different country or even state for that matter.

I think it depends on how those people have their parameters set. I always set mine to the closest I can and I may not get matched up with guys far away or have them in my lists, but they see me somehow and message. I've even put in my profile not to bother messaging me if they're not within 30 min of me as I'm there to, you know, actually date?! Not have a text buddy. Lol

I've heard from a few people that if you get contacted by someone not in your area and they don't have a profile pic, they are likely a scammer. I heard of this guy pretending to be station in TX but deployed in Nigeria. He'll ask you to disable your profile. Talk you up a bit, then get his "CO" to say you'll have to pay to have him go on leave to visit you. I once got asked to buy this dude an iTunes card. When I declined he got super mad saying I don't care about him. I'm like dude I don't *kitten* know you!! Lol!
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    IC the vast majority of my own insecurities come from social media, I guess media in general actually...

I think it's that way for most people. Generally when I'm out and about I don't really see anyone that I'm very envious of in terms of how pretty they are or their physique, but then I go online and there are loads. The rational part of me knows that so many of the photos that I'm seeing are photo-shopped and that even those people don't look like that in person, but it still doesn't matter.

You don't have any reason to envy anyone in my eyes :heart:
    I guess it's also... Maybe... A driving factor, propelling me to a bigger leaner me.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

I think it's that way for most people. Generally when I'm out and about I don't really see anyone that I'm very envious of in terms of how pretty they are or their physique, but then I go online and there are loads. The rational part of me knows that so many of the photos that I'm seeing are photo-shopped and that even those people don't look like that in person, but it still doesn't matter.

You don't have any reason to envy anyone in my eyes :heart:
    I guess it's also... Maybe... A driving factor, propelling me to a bigger leaner me.

That's very sweet of you to say.

And you shouldn't either. What you've accomplished is amazing - so many people try and give up but you didn't and I hope that you're proud of yourself for that. You're a great role model for your son.

Thanks you're a real sweetheart and I confess that I worry between my work schedule and the time I spend in the gym I'm just simply asking too much of my son but I'm figuring it out and I know it's all going to come together...

Thanks again :heart:
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    It's embarrassing how much music I know only because of Rock Band and Guitar Hero.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    It's embarrassing how much music I know only because of Rock Band and Guitar Hero.

Its a generation thing im the same way
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I confess I'm ready to rip the head off of someone and *kitten* down their throat.
  • JLAJ81
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My mom owes me some money. She wants to pay me back with a check. The whole reason I had to loan her money was because she was writing bad checks.

I'm sorry but this is funny. Tell her you only accept cash