Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Mrs. Dann- You asked for some volume suggestions for meals- I like to use three or more veggies and a lean protein and this is great because it is a lot and the veggies make it lower in calories.You could also do soups or stews and my absolute favorite- stir fry- just various the veggie and or meat- the possibilities are endless-- also mushrooms have a meat like texture but I STILL love my meat- but I do use like half mushrooms and half meat in my soups or stews to give more volume and less calories.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Thanks, @ElvenToad !
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    @MrsDan1667 my go-to lunch is a bag of steamed broccoli w/diced peppers, 1/2 cup black beans and sprinkle of feta with sriracha sauce. Or a huge zucchini diced over cottage cheese and topped with a handful of nuts
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    @crazyravr You take great photos, they always look so delicious and professional!

@GottaBurnEmAll That is great news! I'm happy you get to enjoy your ice cream again and yummo with the strawberries. Crazy volume is where its at! B)

I experimented with making the Shamrock Shake protein ice cream with french vanilla pp and peppermint extract and ohhhh my gosh... I may never make another flavor again it's phenomenal! Topped with fat free reddi whip and it just melts down into the ice cream and together the combination is just heavenly. Spot on Shamrock so thank you @kellyjellybellyjelly for giving me the idea!

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I just had the mint chip ice cream for dinner. I had it with a lot of the Koala Krisp cereal so I am stuffed full. I can't even decide any more which is my favorite flavor. It's nice having so many options that I can have moods and be happy with all the different choices.

I must get some Fat Free Reddi Whip. That's genius.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Went to GNC & bought sample packs of Quest's Vanilla, Cinnamon Crunch, & Chocolate to try on my protein ice cream. Of course had to buy some protein bars (after these are gone I'll just stick to buying protein bars at Big Lots when they have good ones or whenever I have a good coupon/sale at GNC).

I went to Weis today & bought two Enlightened pints of Red Velvet & found I didn't care for it as much since I started to make protein ice cream & would rather eat that or Edy's slow churned. Now Halo Top is still awesome & I have two coupons stocked up for when the new flavors are released.

I'm also starting to think I have IBS. I already know I cannot eat beef (bad stomach gas) & every now & then it seems that broccoli/cauliflower seem to give me bad pains right under my rib cage. The one that might have triggered the pains today was the bag of Birds Eye Sriracha green beans I ate yesterday.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    don't you just hate when a veggie starts to give you some stomach pain or issues- I CAN eat a large salad for lunch-- but not for dinner- in the evening- my stomach just gets all gassy- and I promise it is the SAME salad- oh well-
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Gas X people. You're welcome!

I'm getting a little bored with my standard heaping bowl of veggies for lunch so I'm mixing it up next week. I'm gonna do big Bento boxes with this: 1 sliced red pepper, 1 large zucchini (cut in sticks), 1 Apple, 1 babybel light, handful of grapes, 4oz hummus, hard boiled egg. Maybe add a single serve cottage cheese and some pistachios. I know, super exciting!

A lot of veggies and cottage cheese sounds exciting to me! I have to eat mine now on top of cooked veggies. It's really good with butternut squash.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    maisiba wrote: »
    Thinking about it, I even wonder if you can make snow with it with a highend blender - would be interesting to hear from someone who has a Ninja or something comparable.

I have an industrial strength blender (specifically designed for commercial bars and handling liquids) and it can make snow. That presents an issue for me, though, and I can't make this ice cream. The RPM is so high that ice cubes are sprayed on the walls as snow within 2 seconds. Even if I push the snow back down around the blades I it doesn't blend and center stays empty due to centrifugal force, so need to add enough liquid for the ingredients to touch the blades while they're rotating, and then it's a shake not an ice cream. No speed control on this thing, only pre-installed programs which is sad. It's awesome for soups and sauces, though.
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    Thinking about it, I even wonder if you can make snow with it with a highend blender - would be interesting to hear from someone who has a Ninja or something comparable.

I have an industrial strength blender (specifically designed for commercial bars and handling liquids) and it can make snow. That presents an issue for me, though, and I can't make this ice cream. The RPM is so high that ice cubes are sprayed on the walls as snow within 2 seconds. Even if I push the snow back down around the blades I it doesn't blend and center stays empty due to centrifugal force, so need to add enough liquid for the ingredients to touch the blades while they're rotating, and then it's a shake not an ice cream. No speed control on this thing, only pre-installed programs which is sad. It's awesome for soups and sauces, though.

Have you tried using double the ingredients? You might not be able to eat it all but it might work.

In your case "softer" ice cubes (like out of coffee) might work perhaps? Not sure but perhaps worth a try because they def break differently than ones out of water.

• amusedmonkey
    edited August 2017

Have you tried using double the ingredients? You might not be able to eat it all but it might work.

In your case "softer" ice cubes (like out of coffee) might work perhaps? Not sure but perhaps worth a try because they def break differently than ones out of water.

It's worth a try. I may give it a try on Sunday. I'm out of powder and won't be buying more till Sunday. Here is my blender in case someone has a similar one and made it work before I waste twice the ingredients?

Edited: Never mind. I know I'm not going to waste anything. If it doesn't work I will just add a bit of ice cream and turn it into a frozen shake. Beats the point of eating for volume, but it would still be delicious.
  • kberan5
    kberan5 Posts: 8 Member
    This will be my favorite thread. I need 3000 calories daily and never seam to achieve it!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    kberan5 wrote: »
    This will be my favorite thread. I need 3000 calories daily and never seam to achieve it!

Why?
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    edited August 2017
    dkn9l3amvqln.jpg
    Didn't take a pic of supper, but made a yummy and quick Greek zoodle salad. Two zucchini, pint grape tomatoes, black olives, feta cheese, EVOO, salt & pepper.

Then this awesome ice cream fluff (best of the 4 I had today) with PEScience peanut butter cookie, a sprinkle of sea salt and cocoa nibs.

ETA: it's not that big because I ate half before I took pic).
  • amusedmonkey

It's worth a try. I may give it a try on Sunday. I'm out of powder and won't be buying more till Sunday. Here is my blender in case someone has a similar one and made it work before I waste twice the ingredients?

Edited: Never mind. I know I'm not going to waste anything. If it doesn't work I will just add a bit of ice cream and turn it into a frozen shake. Beats the point of eating for volume, but it would still be delicious.

Update: I Had to add so much liquid to make it work that it turned into a shake, but a very big and delicious chocolate caramel coffee flavored cold shake. Not disappointed.