There needs to be a TL,DR button.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    How nice it would be to win $700 Millon even if I had to split it with 50 co-workers who went in for the tickets.

Right. I don't even have to be rich, I just want enough to be debt free and be able to do whatever I want whenever I want even if I still have to work.

Same gurrrrl, SAME!

This is my dream too.

Being rich would be amazing, but my dream is to be comfortable enough to be able to say, "I want to go somewhere nice on holiday this year," and actually have that be easily done.

Is it student loans? I've never really understood why people can't. Money is a touchy subject with people you know.

I don't understand you non understanding....Not everyone has disposable income

nvm

I am no youngin but there are situations in life that come up that sometimes put people on hard times. That's all

Exactly, honestly we were doing great a few years ago and were almost debt free, could do most anything we wanted then my husband got crushed by an excavator at work, was in a wheelchair for 6 months. Couldn't work for a year and a half and we have been paying for it ever since. Unfortunately it wasn't his fault nor was it equipment failure or anything like that. Just a co-worker's negligence. There's no one to "sue" to make up for our lost income and increase in other bills due to this. It was just bad luck and bad timing that completely changed our lives in about 2 seconds. It's hard and it sucks and I am tired of it but it's what we were dealt. I will be glad when I can quit working so damn hard to make up for it.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Where do random people find me to send me FR. I cross reference, no community activity, their profiles are private.. who are these people???

Lurkers..... they are watching right now.....

I imagine, professional lurker since 2014.

7a1iih69jn1p.gif

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    How nice it would be to win $700 Millon even if I had to split it with 50 co-workers who went in for the tickets.

Right. I don't even have to be rich, I just want enough to be debt free and be able to do whatever I want whenever I want even if I still have to work.

Same gurrrrl, SAME!

This is my dream too.

Being rich would be amazing, but my dream is to be comfortable enough to be able to say, "I want to go somewhere nice on holiday this year," and actually have that be easily done.

Is it student loans? I've never really understood why people can't. Money is a touchy subject with people you know.

nvm

I am no youngin but there are situations in life that come up that sometimes put people on hard times. That's all

Exactly, honestly we were doing great a few years ago and were almost debt free, could do most anything we wanted then my husband got crushed by an excavator at work, was in a wheelchair for 6 months. Couldn't work for a year and a half and we have been paying for it ever since. Unfortunately it wasn't his fault nor was it equipment failure or anything like that. Just a co-worker's negligence. There's no one to "sue" to make up for our lost income and increase in other bills due to this. It was just bad luck and bad timing that completely changed our lives in about 2 seconds. It's hard and it sucks and I am tired of it but it's what we were dealt. I will be glad when I can quit working so damn hard to make up for it.

That truly blows, were you all stuck with all of the medical bills too?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Where do random people find me to send me FR. I cross reference, no community activity, their profiles are private.. who are these people???

Lurkers..... they are watching right now.....

I imagine, professional lurker since 2014.

7a1iih69jn1p.gif

Is it you who Woos me in the middle of the night?!

You nevah know who is a lurkin!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Same gurrrrl, SAME!

This is my dream too.

nvm

That truly blows, were you all stuck with all of the medical bills too?

Fortunately workman's comp took care of that. There were millions in medical bills. We would have truly had to file bankruptcy if so. But WM'S comp did not even begin to cover the lost income that he brought in. Plus we had to hire a lawyer to get that out of them. They covered about a third of his lost income for a year and a half. That's a lot of lost income that I had to make up through extra jobs. Also drained our nest egg we had going. He is back to work now but unable to work as much as he did before considering his whole pelvis and upper thighs are screwed back together.

Did I ever think something like would happen to us, hell no I didn't! Don't ever think that you will always be financially secure, it can change in the blink of an eye. Literally.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Same gurrrrl, SAME!

This is my dream too.

nvm

Did a lawyer tell you that you couldn't sue because a coworker was negligent?

If that was the information that you got then boy, I am very sorry because that's not right.

Yes, that is what we were told by our lawyer. The company also filed bankruptcy and shut down immediately afterwards. I am convinced it was a safety measure on their part before we did sue. Of course, we could sue the negligent co-worker but he is an average joe with nothing of major value. We would be waiting forever for him to pay up.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    A lawyer once told me he'd give me money if I let him eat my shoes. So I did. He then ran off after eating my shoes without paying me. I'm pretty sure, now, he was really a dog.
  • The_Red_Widow
    The_Red_Widow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I sure hate to ask my old man for some more money but I need to .
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    No money mo problems
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    work hard and never quit.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    I'm whittling down my list of people who'll likely get a nut shot tomorrow
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Sometimes forgiving others is extremely hard, so it's no surprise that forgiving oneself is ten times more difficult.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Sometimes forgiving others is extremely hard, so it's no surprise that forgiving oneself is ten times more difficult.

I like that thought!
    Thanks for sharing, so true
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options

I get this. I used to be like that. I carried so much guilt over something that happened so long and it affected most aspects of my life until I decided enough was enough. Forgave myself, forgave the other person and now i realize that forgiving the people who hurt me it's so much better than carrying that with you. It's toxic to your soul. I live a better life now, now that I know forgiveness can be done.