Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • FatAFNoMore
    FatAFNoMore Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ugh, hated that Raymond show. I got rid of the dvr a few years ago so I tend to forget a show I like is on.
  • LadyLeaAZ
    LadyLeaAZ Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    No one's mentioned extra curricular nerdy.

I went to a performing arts school and I was in a treble choir that practiced Mondays and Wednesdays 3:30 - 5:00 and I took choral class B)

I dig it! Although I'm not musically inclined whatsoever I have memorized Mary Had A Little Lamb on the piano

I can play Mary had a little lamb on a telephone. 6545666555666654566655654
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    OH come on. I can't be the ONLY person left that doesn't watch GoT? It isn't something I think I'd like but more than that I don't think I want the commitment of a show like that. I've missed just about every popular tv series for that reason!

You're not alone, I have never even seen 2 seconds of it.
  • FatAFNoMore
    Options
    another one that so many people are obsessed with and that I hate is Big Bang Theory

I loved it until it became an average sitcom about the relationship issues. Still watch it. I feel I need to see it through whatever awful ending they come up with. Will skip the new show about young Sheldon. We know how the character turns out... seems pointless.

But that's why I don't want to take on more shows since if I like it I'll watch whatever crap they'll eventually throw at me.
  • FatAFNoMore
    edited August 2017
    Options

Yea!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    another one that so many people are obsessed with and that I hate is Big Bang Theory

The first couple seasons were decent then it went to pot. Turned into the nerd version of Friends. Don't get me wrong, I loved Friends and set my VCR every Thursday. Then had a group viewing party every Friday but there can only be one Friends.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    OH come on. I can't be the ONLY person left that doesn't watch GoT? It isn't something I think I'd like but more than that I don't think I want the commitment of a show like that. I've missed just about every popular tv series for that reason!

Lies, there are enough gifs of it posted around here that you've seen at least 4 seconds of it.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Lies, there are enough gifs of it posted around here that you've seen at least 4 seconds of it.

Ha! Ok, I can't argue that. But I have no idea what the gifs are referring to besides GOT.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    nerdy gift exchange time, message me if you want to gift each other nerdy stuff

no one trusts me :'(

I trust you...as much as most people...you "look" harmless!

But what exactly is a nerdy gift?

Guess it depends on the type of nerd...I like super gross medical stuff, space stuff, environmental science, sci-fi/horror, rpg, and reading dictionaries.

What would you gift me?

If I told you it wouldn't be a secret! But for these things I'll usually do a limit of like 20 bucks, so I'm not sure how cool an item I could buy. I'd probably hit up a science store and browse for something cool.

Well...truth be told you don't even need to spend money...send me a gory pic, link to an interesting environmental science article, music or book or movie recommendations!

But as far as gift exchange goes, should I send you some awkward random idea of what I think is cool?
    Or do you have a wish list?

any of those cool physics toys would be awesome

I have this. No springs or anything, just magnets set facing opposite poles

6xwymojcwwvi.gif

But you can't have it

When I opened this thread all I saw was the top of the pole. And I am not saying anymore about that since my points don't expire until tomorrow.

Same.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    I use to like sitcoms, but they've taken a dive...

Loved Married with Children and the Simpsons... Although the Simpsons got a little too serious sometimes...

I love Lucy is still the best TV sitcom ever
    #suckerfortheclassics
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Loved Married with Children and the Simpsons... Although the Simpsons got a little too serious sometimes...

#suckerfortheclassics

Seinfeld doesn't even get an honorable mention on your list? How is this?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

Yea the south park parody of GOT is a big part of the reason I've struggled to make time for it lol
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

#suckerfortheclassics

Seinfeld doesn't even get an honorable mention on your list? How is this?

Never liked Seinfeld, the short guy was funny... The episode where he pretends to be a marine biologists is freaking hilarious... But Seinfeld himself has always come off a bit stuck up and too much of a smart *kitten* for me... Jbh