Lunchtable for the nerdy (warning: only nerdy people allowed)

Options

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Curb Your Enthusiasm, Married with Children, Arrested Development, The Golden Girls, All in the Family, The Office, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Roseanne, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Frasier, Parks and Rec

Some of my favourites for sure!

Since were talking tv does anyone watch Your the Worst? I think it's great.

Hemlock Grove anyone??

New Zealand TV shows - Flight of the Conchords and The Almighty Johnsons (I'm still working on this one).

And Shameless is pretty awesome.

For new shows on HBO, I liked Roadies and The Night Of.

Of course everyone should watch Penny Dreadful! It's awesome and Eva Green :love:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    I'm just out of touch... I don't know any of these shows.

Any of you kids watch Happy Days... That was a great show!
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Curb Your Enthusiasm, Married with Children, Arrested Development, The Golden Girls, All in the Family, The Office, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Roseanne, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Frasier, Parks and Rec

Hemlock Grove anyone??

New Zealand TV shows - Flight of the Conchords and The Almighty Johnsons (I'm still working on this one).

Of course everyone should watch Penny Dreadful! It's awesome and Eva Green :love:

I couldn't get past the first episode of Hemlock Grove. Famke's fake accent was so atrocious lol

Did she have a bad accent in it? I don't remember that, maybe because I am kinda enthralled with her too.

Hemlock Grove anyone??

only Flight of the Concords

Murray <3

Bret :heart:

Hemlock Grove anyone??

only Flight of the Concords

It's strange with the songs...but I liked it.
  • Vikka_V
    Options
    Speaking about strange with songs...Anyone like Crazy Ex-Girlfriend? It's funny and so are the songs.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    I'm just out of touch... I don't know any of these shows.

Any of you kids watch Happy Days... That was a great show!

the fonz was a creep. He was hanging out with high school kids and he was like 30 haha

giphy.gif
    Bring back the Fonze!
    At work we have a bunch of old equipment, Everytime something breaks are first method is what we call the old fonze lol
  • AdorePetite
    AdorePetite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    There's a british sitcom called The IT crowd, which if you're even remotely nerdy and you haven't seen... you should have. Only criticism is that they didn't make enough of it.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    pst06ezaa586.png
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Don't forget 30 Rock and Community

• born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    As much as I don't care for The Big Bang Theory, I will hand it to them for having the most accurate portrayal of a Dungeons and Dragons session that I've ever seen on a TV show.
  • cee134
    Options
    As much as I don't care for The Big Bang Theory, I will hand it to them for having the most accurate portrayal of a Dungeons and Dragons session that I've ever seen on a TV show.

You know who the biggest fan of The Big Bang Theory is? It's @MeeseeksAndDestroy

I think she has her own You Tube channel where she does a one women reenactment of each episode. She's through season 3 now.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    The AT-M6 Walker in The Last Jedi looks like an animal with a club foot

c0087e996a867718538a3da133ce9079
  • cee134
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    The AT-M6 Walker in The Last Jedi looks like an animal with a club foot

c0087e996a867718538a3da133ce9079

I have to assume they are going to climb something. Most likely a cliff.
    “Well, instead of a dog, what about a gorilla?” I can’t remember why I said a gorilla, but I just said, “They have a great stance, they are very aggressive,” and that’s how the idea of the gorilla came.
    Kevin Jenkins, Lucasfilm’s design supervisor for The Last Jedi
  • cee134
    Options
    als2hjcjxg8m.jpg
  • cee134
    edited August 2017
    Options
    AT-M6

j3vxpdo5oply.jpg
    de8xdcc7d7y4.jpg
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    AT-M6

j3vxpdo5oply.jpg
    de8xdcc7d7y4.jpg

Did you see the new Star Destroyer, the Dreadnought

411aff729dd6ffdbb2ab95b4f34c0cb0
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    What I can't wait to see is the dogfight they are building between Poe and Kylo...

Poe is the best pilot in the resistance, but Kylo is the son of Han Solo and the grandson of Vader... The two already started the build in the first movie with Kylo pointing out that he is aware of Poes reputation as a pilot

I bet this subplot gives us insight into just who Poe is...