Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    8ahasy33r4xu.jpg

Sitting out on my back deck with my laptop and a beer. It's a little warm but there's a nice breeze, I'm in the shade and the beer is cold. Lol. It's an awesome afternoon so far!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hello, my internet friends!

Just stepped on weights and I've lost -0,7kg since last time I wrote my weight here. :) So now my summer gain is reduced to only +2.4kg. I know it took me 1,5weeks and its not even a kg, but still so motivating to see the numbers go down. So altogether I am 10,4kg away from weight goal and 20,6kg down already. I can do this!

The weekends are the easiest food wise for me, I don't work out, but help my parents renovate their country house, so still being active. And there are so many berries and veggies in season now, on weekends I am almost a vegetarian. haha
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 Glad you had a fabulous weekend and a great loss! Renovating a home is tough work so that definitely counts as activity.

@HGSmith0920 beautiful view! Sounds wonderful and relaxing

Welcome @starkedwards00!

Welcome @Tweaking_Time! Finding new goals is always tough. I'm currently doing a healthy habits challenge with my SO. We get stars every day we stay on track and at the end the winner gets a prize! Last time we played (we make it last 10 weeks) I got an e-reader. It's an easy, fun way to stay on point in between bigger goals

@velocity60 Have you tried workout classes in your area? That's usually where I meet my fit friends.

This weekend was fabulous but went by way too quickly. Friday I met up with coworkers for a quick happy hour (and I stuck with my planned salad and 1 glass of wine). Saturday was my day flying solo. I got so much work around the house done, a 90 minute walk with my dog, and 1/2 a book read. It was great! Sunday I met up with my Mom for some activity and shopping. And then I went over to a friend's house for Game of Thrones night. Does anyone else watch? They did a chips and dip bar so I brought sliced veggies to sub in for chips and it worked well. I did have one homemade mango jalepeno margarita though so I went over my calorie goal, but totally worth it. I hope you all had great weekends as well!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,376 Member
    Options
    Hope ya'll had good week end. Someone on here mentioned logging cleaning as exercise. I asked this question on the regular question site too but was wondering if it's a legit exercise. Today I cleaned at the rescue center for 3.5hrs non stop. cleaning out kennels, mopping,scooping,raking,lifting heavy trash into the big bin. At one point I was lifting the tied off large trash bag full of poop & newpapers into the trash bin & as I lifted it up it started to rip where I grabbed it with my gloved fingers. I was so panicked I was afraid it was going to keep ripping & the poop was going to fall all over including on me but i took a breath & hauled it over with all I had in me & made it before it finished ripping. whew! The bin is taller than me
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @Evamutt I think the cleaning you're talking about is legitimate exercise because it's movement above and beyond what you normally do in your day to day life. When people just track cleaning their home, it's double counting movement since that movement is already accounted for in their calculated Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) number.
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    @Rachel0778 what a weekend you had ! Don't you love it when you are in the zone ! I belong to Planet Fitness so it's not a class type of set up but I did just start a ToneItUp RI group page on FB . There wasn't one & I've never started anything like that on social media b4 so we will see if anything comes of that .

You are a total inspiration to me ! Do you skate professionally ? Just look at what I'm using as a bookmark ! Have a wonderful day all of you! i4brc2g5o2eg.jpg
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. Sorry I haven't been very active on here. School's been a little nuts, and then over the weekend I found out that one of my former co-workers passed away. We knew it was coming, but it still hit me pretty hard. All of us, really. So there have been chocolates and cupcakes and banana pudding at school in addition to the hugs. I didn't go to the gym yesterday - just came home and vegged in front of the TV. Hopefully I'll get there tomorrow.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I've missed you @clicketykeys I'm so sorry about co-worker! I feel like we've missed a lot! I hope that life calms down for you soon! I'm glad you're back! Dont be a stranger!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Rachel0778 Is there a place on MFP that shows you about TDEE? My old activity tracker used to track calories burned while active as well as inactive. Is there a way to track that here on MFP?
  • Itisneeded
    Itisneeded Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh, now I see what a core group is! I sent you a friend request instead, typically not reading enough before acting. Well, I would like to be part of the group too, if that's ok. I have only a little bit left to lose, but it won't go. I realize it's because I am so close to my goal, and I simply need less food now that I'm lighter. Anyway, I would like to encourage you all when I see an opportunity, and just go on trying to at least not lose ground myself. I am on almost 1400 cal a day.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Morning, ladies!
    I've been really good calorie and activities wise the past week. There's also a lot to do since I'm moving countries, the little anxiety is almost begging for working out to calm it down. It's been PMS week, but I haven't gained a gram! So proud of myself! That means once the bloat is gone, I shall see some numbers go down more hopefully :)
    Have a healthy day everyone!

My question - do you eat all/none/some of your workout calories?

• janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    hi all - I'm still here, sorry for going awol. We've had the most lousy few weeks with Alistair and his sleep - he has gone right back to basics - waking through the night, can't get himself back to sleep without major help, then gets up at 5am ready to face the day! We've tried a number of things and we seem to be slowly getting him back on track - hence I've had two uninterrupted nights sleep in a row the last two days - for the first time in about 3 weeks :(. So focus has been purely on getting through the days, eating and exercise has gone to pieces! I just need to try and ease myself back on track.

@gymprincess1234 - I eat back most of my exercise calories - it doesn't seem to have a negative impact on my ability to lose and I find I get so hungry and grouchy if I don't!

Anyway, not going to try and catch up right now, going off to deliver some training this afternoon. Hope everyone has a good day and I'll catch you all later.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @janetay01 I can't even imagine how hard it is to stay on track with small children and messed up sleep schedules! I'm glad you're back, we missed you!

@gymprincess1234 I'm impressed you made it through PMS week without overdoing it! I don't specifically eat my workout calories, but I eat a high amount of calories every day that factors in my movement. When I average 2100 per day I lose 1/2lb a week

Welcome @itisneeded, glad to have you in the group! I'm also working on vanity pounds so you'll fit right in!

@clicketykeys So sorry to hear about your coworker. How's the first week of classes going?

@velocity60 I'm just a part of a local rec league so nowhere near good enough to be professional but it's a lot of fun! I love that you have their flyer as a bookmark! Way to go on setting up a local page within your new group, I hope it brings you local people to work out with! Once your yearly Planet Fitness membership is up do you have a gym in the area that does group fitness classes that you could switch to?

@HGSmith0920 I usually just do the online calculators to find my TDEE. Here's an example of one: https://tdeecalculator.net/

So glad to see everyone back on the boards, it's been quiet without you! Work has also been crazy here with the first week of school but we're powering through. I've been staying on plan really well this week, but this weekend we're going to the Renaissance Festival with a big group of friends so it's going to be a challenge. I think I'll volunteer to be DD to try to limit my Mead intake (they have so many fun flavors!). At least I'm not going to the State Fair this year, that is one calorie bomb I don't need in my life!
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Morning!

Never thought I would wish for my period to come faster! It's been 3 days of the same weight, I want to see a loss so bad! I've been so good with working out calories, I need a reward on the scale! Frustration :D
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Work was great today! My drawer got audited(a monthly requirement) and everything was perfect. It was a nice simple day. I work at my not favorite branch tomorrow. But after 5 pm tomorrow I am off until Tuesday morning! I had a great NSV the other day! I properly fit into my favorite pair of comfy jeans. They are super soft denim and I love them so much and they actually fit the way they're supposed to! It's been about two years since they fit the right way! Also! I worked with the manager that just recently lost her son. It was the first time we had seen each other in 3 months and she almost immediately noticed that my clothes were looser and asked me if I had lost weight! She and another coworker are the only ones who have audibly said anything about my weight loss. It was just so nice for someone to notice the hard work I have been putting in!

Welcome back @janetay01 I've missed you! I was wondering how you were doing! I'm so sorry about his terrible sleep pattern. It must be so hard on you! As much as I am looking forward to being a Mommy, those are some of the things that I am not looking forward to. Lol.

The last few nights before bedtime I have been thinking about hopping on the scale in the morning to see my weight but either I totally forget because I'm running out the door for work, or I just forget because I'm forgetful. Lol, But when I do step on, I am delighted to see that I have gone down a few ounces every time!

@Rachel0778 I used to have a jawbone(a fitness tracker) which would show me how many calories I burned in a day while I was not doing anything. What my body would burn just doing its daily functions. The fitness tracker app was connected to MFP so much calorie intake would show up in the app and then it would show me how many calories I burned per step/workout so it gave me a really nice breakdown of what my actual calorie deficit was! Too bad the tracker broke and I've been too poor to buy a new one! Lol.
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ah - thank heavens it's Friday - last day before I have a week off - woohoo!

Rachel - that festival sounds like fun!

@HGSmith0920 - glad the drawer audit went well and congrats on your coworker noticing - it's so nice to get an unexpected compliment like that! As for being a mummy, well it's full of amazing positives - but yes, the sleep is a major challenge because it stops all of us from getting a decent night. I think what I'm finding hard is that he's always slept well - he slept through the night for the first time when he was about 6 months old and, barring illnesss, has generally done so since then. So we've had two years of generally good nights - makes it doubly hard when it falls apart and with us both working full time, it's certainly not easy!

Driving up to see my father in law this evening - long drive but will be a nice weekend and will mean that Alistair gets to see his great grandmother which is good. Hope you all have good weekends :)
  • Vegatron70
    Vegatron70 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Trying something crazy. My grandmother is visiting the states in October, and most likely her last visit here due to her age. I want to look healthier like I was during her last visit, so my goal is to get down to 350 by October. I know this sounds like a lot, but I have been able to do it before without sacrificing my food intake. I started this week this week at 402lbs, and already down to 396lbs without exercises.

My calorie goal will stay around 2200/day
    My exercises will be 60min./day (6 days a week minimum)

Going back to my all/mostly national foods diet. (keeping highly processed foods out (breads, pastas, anything that comes in a box)
    Sticking with meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, eggs, etc.

Let's see what happens, I'll posts daily.
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Welcome @vegatron70! It sounds like you are making lots of major changes! Be kind to yourself during the process and know that any amount that you lose by October is an accomplishment!

@janetay01 I hope you have a wonderful week visiting your father in law!

@HGSmith0920 Congrats on the successful audit! I definitely recommend doing the online calculations if you no longer have a fitness tracker. It's a great way to accomplish a similar plan without having to shell out the $$$

@gymprincess1234 I know it's frustrating, but patience is key with weight loss :)

So I weighed in today back to where I was at the end of my SO and I's last weight loss challenge which felt good (and it's only week 2!). I'm glad the higher number was just a temporary fluke and nothing to be concerned about. My shoulder is pretty sore today between CrossFit and Pole Dancing so I'm glad I'm taking it easy this weekend to rest up. My fur baby is at doggy daycare today so hopefully he will be plenty tuckered out this evening so we can snuggle on the couch <3
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Also, happy meme Friday!!!!

xh7ovl2gb8ks.jpg
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted, but I have been reading all of your updates! It's encouraging to read about your struggles, and it's fun to celebrate your successes. :smile:

I have had some personal stuff to deal with lately, which hasn't been fun, but I think we've gotten that all resolved now. The wedding is coming up super quickly (28 days!), and today is the last day to RSVP, so I think I'll reach out to some people. We are still waiting on 130 people to respond!

I had my bachelorette party last weekend, and surprisingly didn't do too much damage. I was the same weight on the Monday after as I was the Friday I left. I definitely indulged, but I tried to do so within reason, so I'd say that was a success. We are having friends over to watch the fights tomorrow night, and we'll have a walking taco bar. It'll be easy enough to make my plate without going crazy with those foods. We also have a wedding shower tonight, so I'm sure there will be lots of yummy food there! I'm feeling more confident these days in my ability to treat myself without going overboard.

I am officially down 27 lbs, but the weight has been coming off much slower these days. I'll take any bit that I can! Ideally I'd like to get down to 150, so I have another 20 to go. I think if I buckle down on weekends (which will probably be a little easier after the wedding and honeymoon), that I can accomplish that in a reasonable amount of time.

I hope you all have great weekends!