• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Cheri :)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    scna2q8vcp7j.png
    Where I live is right in the middle of the red spot. Cheri lives up close to the town of Bryan. This was the 7pm radar.

Marcelyn
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Praying ... for all of you in the path of the Hurricane...

DrKatieBug ... where are you? Did you see Okiewoman's Christmas organization? I am in awe!

Beth near Buffalo

Oh, I'm just lurking over here in my corner being jealous. My garage is in serious need of some organizing. I loved okiewoman's tubs.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,596 Member
    Options
    P
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Becca, Cheri, Michele, Joyce, Carol, Gloria, and Dana - Not that any of you would say anything on FB about DDnL#2 being pregnant; please don't post anything there. There are people that have not told and would like for it not to be on there. Will doesn't have a FB account, DDnL has 'deactivated' hers, only checking it for school and church things because 'if' Will had his way they'd both not have one. He is extremely 'private' and unfortunately our other DnL doesn't know how to 'not' put her 'drama' on it. He prefers to tell DOS in his 'own sweet time'. We won't even tell them. Thanks.

Usually it is the worst on the right (NE side of a hurricane for winds and rain). Looks like we might not get any, or much anyway, rain or wind here. Will has worked like a dog trying to get all the roads mowed before the rain comes, if it does. Needs to get it done, or most of it, before hunting season.

Prayers for all who have been affected by this storm. It sure looked huge (like Andrew and Katrina). Oh, it was Andrew that did a direct hit on South Florida, right below Miami ... Middle sister said if there was another one predicted to hit South FL, she'd be in GA before any mandatory evacuations.

We're having a good time. Will now has internet service (by satellite and that is nice).

Lenora
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all the ladies on the path of the storm for checking in.!

Rye, beautiful pictures!

Lenora, congrats on the new baby. I'll send good thoughts.

Terry in VT
  • pipcd34
    Options
    /
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Carol, your picture is absolutely gorgeous. Both of you look very elegant. Thank you for sharing, Happy Anniversary. <3

Janetr okc
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,943 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all who said they missed me. This is a very busy time of year for me. I just got home from a ten-hour Train the Trainer workshop, which I facilitated. I think they were crazy for wanting to do it all in one day, but we survived it and all participated up to the end. We had a good time. Teaching teachers is my calling, so I am a very good tired tonight. This marks 4 straight Saturdays where I have been in meetings or trainings related to my volunteer work with Lay Servant Ministries. It will slow down around Thanksgiving.

Thank you to all the Texas folks who have checked in. Good to know you're hanging in there.

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

MicheleNC, your jello things sound so cute. That would make great jello shots if it were a drinking crowd. drunk.gif

Joyce, I had to laugh about Mozart and the litter box. I don’t know if animals think it’s a gift to us or what??? One of our dogs will run to a spot that hasn’t been mowed and drop a fresh load for DH to have to clean up before he can mow it. And she looks so proud of herself. Lol

Sharon, I hope your days get better, although that beauty day sounds pretty good. The time with your DGD is what sounds special.

Heather, have you talked at all to your sons about what you are writing? I know it was discussed well over a year ago but can’t remember. ***Hee hee hee, I know it surprises you that I can’t remember.***

Lisa, safe travels. I don’t like night driving much anymore either.

Rye, where do you live in Texas? I grew up in McAllen and it looks like they will get their share of rain.

Margaret, I conjured up a mental image of you with your “SUPER SHREDDER” and it was somewhat like a cartoon. You go girl!

M, what a beautiful beach!!! I’d probably never leave it but then I’m a beach bum. relaxing-smiley-emoticon.gif

Katla, Happy 1776!!! Hope it’s been a great day.

Becca, cool rocks. Why do I feel like you are starting a rock collection rather than re-hiding them?? LOL (later) great letter from your youngest. You sent away a boy but will get back a man. Bet you are a proud mamma!

Gloria, sorry about the tooth problems.

Carol, that wedding picture is stunning. Looks like a cake topper. Happy 48!!!

Terry, celebrating “Homecoming day” is so cool. I can see why your DD likes it.

Katla, glad you enjoyed the reunion.

Its been good to hear from the Texans and I hope things continue to only improve. Just stay safe no matter what.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I'm so tired I can't think straight so I'll post this and hit the bed.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Thanks to all who said they missed me. This is a very busy time of year for me. I just got home from a ten-hour Train the Trainer workshop, which I facilitated. I think they were crazy for wanting to do it all in one day, but we survived it and all participated up to the end. We had a good time. Teaching teachers is my calling, so I am a very good tired tonight. This marks 4 straight Saturdays where I have been in meetings or trainings related to my volunteer work with Lay Servant Ministries. It will slow down around Thanksgiving.

Thank you to all the Texas folks who have checked in. Good to know you're hanging in there.

I missed u!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    M in Oz: I'm probably not what many would consider a photographer- my pieces are almost exclusively abstracts. Here is an example of my recent stuff. I'm hopeless at self promoting, though, and so I've only sold a couple of pieces.

fswjr6ylot2i.png

Rye in TX ( but safe and out of harms way)

They're wonderful!

I haven't been brave enough to try to sell any of my good ones yet. Photography sites keep saying to find that one thing you do well, like you with the abstracts, but I'm not sure what that one thing is yet.

For a year, I participated in a challenge on a photography forum where we had to submit a photo each week that matched a theme. They posted a new theme each week. This is one I did for the theme "Beatles Songs" :grin:

6504288517_474d89bee8_z.jpg
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Glad everyone in Texas has checked in. Or at least I think everyone has. Stay safe, I can't believe you said you were bored on Houston. I would be on the edge of my seat.

Lenora, congratulations. Why does she have to have the injections? What is said on MFP stats on MFP. My lips, and fingers are sealed. Mums the word.

Becca, you have quite the haul there. Knowing you, you will make it last and ha e 4 course meals. You know, sometimes a guy does want to hear from his Dad and not the Cheif?

Penny, enjoyed your tour through town. It doesn't look at all like you are close to the North Pole.

Carol, happy anniversary and many more.

I saw a picture on Facebook today that really shocked me. When we were much younger, our annual summer vacation was up to Minnesota to Dads old home. He had his parent
    St that lived there and one brother had a large dairy farm. This brother had 3 children. Lawrence was the older one and boy was he good looking. Being a all his life farmer, he had muscles everywhere they needed to be and had Grandpa's wavy hair. All us 3 sisters just swooned every year. Well all the siblings got together this week. I have both my fenale cousins as friends on FB but no one ever, ever says anything Bout Lawrence. Well he was in this picture and boy was he old. I mean OLD! Never would have realized it was him. As I looked at it longer, I see Grandpa in him. But it was at least good to see a picture of him. I guess hunks have to age also.

Got to go fill the pill keepers for the week then go to bed.

Joyce, Indiana