<3B):)
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Dorrie <3
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Dorrie (((hugs))) I am sorry for all you are going through. Take care of yourself! <3
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Marcelyn love the fish photos!

DJ prayers!

(((Dorrie)))

Michele I can see why it is all so upsetting. Breathe. Love the bee!

:heart: Margaret

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Heather: Love the photos! :bigsmile:

Dorrie: Sorry for your emotional shock and the stress. (((HUGS)))

DD is lobbying for us to come and visit her in Illinois. At the moment, there is NO WAY in the world we'd do that because they have lice. The lice were likely brought into the house by cousins. DGD has finally been cleared to go to school and my daughter is exhausted from cleaning and nitpicking and working full time. Poor baby.
    We had plans to meet our daughter & family in Colorado and we like those plans. That has been pushed back to October and we still like the idea.

DH & I are getting haircuts today. We're both more than a little overdue. We go to the same hairdresser and the salon is walking distance from home.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    @trulydivyn725 - so sorry...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    hey peeps - mailed out the MS handkerchief to oregon on 8/1 (i'm in tacoma wa) and just got it back yesterday.
    putting it in the mail to you Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn. - The underwater photos are great. I did my only scuba dive in Egypt and loved it. Saw a ginormous moray eel. :o

Wismar was an interesting experience! The old Hanseatic merchants houses, as in the picture, were fabulous. Streets and streets of them. Dating from the 1500 - 1600s. It was a powerful trading port even before that.
    St Nicholas's church was the second tallest brick basilica in the world. Wonderful medieval artefacts in there, altar pieces, crosses etc, mostly saved from other churches in the town that were bombed in the war. They had a brick exhibition there. Actually I love bricks. :D
    The piggy pic I took to send to the grandkids. The bridge has a bronze pig, each different, on all four corners. :p
    We had lunch down by the old harbour. A very nice fish and vegetable platter.
    Then we strolled along the harbour where there was a food market, sausage and sauerkraut stalls and a funfair. Lots of East German families out for the day. We noticed that generally the place had a more impoverished look about it and the people were generally larger and not well dressed. Quite a contrast to some of the places we have been to, like Copenhagen. We felt we were in a different world where people were struggling economically.
    Back at the main square they were setting up for a big three day festival. A huge stage! A rock band was rehearsing. Oh my! The noise was shaking the shuttle bus and we were glad to get away!!! :o:o:o
    Back on the ship my exercise class was cancelled because I was the only one there. :'(
    Never mind, I had been walking around for three and a half hours.
    Much love, Heather UK XXXXXX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Joyce – wow, starting on the Christmas Cantata makes me realize it will soon be September then a few months until Christmas! We are seeing/hearing crickets already – fall must be around the corner. We will take some of your extra rain if you wish to share! I heard on the news that for viewing the eclipse, anything with a tiny hole/holes – like a saltine cracker might work. Hold it above a piece of paper and it will project an image of the eclipse onto the paper. I saw a news story that Amazon sent out recalls on their eclipse viewing glasses – I guess some weren’t up to snuff. Yikes!

Dorrie – when it rains it pours for you! Sorry to hear about your friend’s dad – my dad passed 4 months after my mom, they were in their late 80’s. I know he missed her terribly. Regarding your Ex’s AD and living will… good it was changed, what a hassle it would be if it wasn’t and someone will need to make a decision.

My BFF married a fellow who worked for corrections. Of course, she was then listed as his beneficiary for his state pension. They eventually split the sheet and both got remarried. He passed away a few years ago. Come to find out, he didn’t change the beneficiary to his new wife so my BFF is getting his “survivor” retirement until she dies.

She had no idea until the state pension folks finally tracked her down and of course his new wife was ticked – it’s all perfectly legal and aboveboard. I was glad for my BFF because her Ex treated her like crap.

Heather – loved the pig photo with you and DH. Enjoyed reading about Wismar and some of the history and artifacts. Were you able to practice your German? How many more days until you are back home? I don’t blame you for booking a cruise with that line next year.

Katla - my sis and her DH live in Indiana and DS/SIL/grands live in Colorado. Thank goodness she and hub are able to drive and would much rather do that than fly. But still, they have to board the cats, get someone to water the plants/garden, etc. so don't visit the kids very often. I can see why your DH isn't excited to make the trip. ((HUGS))).

Michele - how many did you say were invited to the shower? Love the little shower gifts, by the way. I had a little ceramic spoon rest I kept beside my stove for years I got at a shower. It has to be hard trying to help get things done living so far away - not like running across town. You and Vince will probably sleep for a week after the wedding!

It’s raining! Woke up to a HEAVY mist which I’d say is measurable rainfall. Managed to get my walk in and car washed so feel I’ve accomplished a lot so far.

Have a great Thursday!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    I am joining the IP family today! Just ordered the new mini 3 quart which is perfect for my family. Makes 1/2 gallon of yogurt, and 4 cups of rice so I think it will be perfect! It will arrive this weekend Hooray!!
    NYKAREN
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My August Goals:
    ~ Stay under 1500 calories daily - not including exercise ---
    8/1 = 1,289 8/2 = 1,151 8/3 = 1,295 8/4 = 1,780 8/5 = 1,390
    8/6 = 1,323 8/7 = 1,454 8/8 = 1,275 8/9 = 1,114 8/10 = 548
    8/11 = 1,233 8/12 = 1,500 8/13 = 1,811 8/14 = 1,221 8/15 = 1,565
    8/16 = 1,429
    ~ Walk 5k steps daily ---
    8/1 = no app 8/2 = no app 8/3 = 3,980 8/4 = 4,675 8/5 = 7,306
    8/6 = 3,374 8/7 = 3,132 8/8 = 2,852 8/9 = 4,551 8/10 = 5,041
    8/11 = 4,211 8/12 = 7,250 8/13 = 5,011 8/14 = 3,218 8/15 = 5,364
    8/16 = 3,556
    ~ Plexus regimen ---
    8/1 = yes 8/2 = yes 8/3 = yes 8/4 = yes 8/5 = yes
    8/6 = no 8/7 = yes 8/8 = yes 8/9 = yes 8/10 = yes
    8/11 = no 8/12 = no 8/13 = no 8/14 = yes 8/15 = yes
    8/16 = no
    ~ WATER equal or exceeding 64 ounces ---
    8/1 = 80 oz 8/2 = 72 oz 8/3 = 64 oz 8/4 = 70 oz 8/5 = ??
    8/6 = ?? 8/7 = 66 oz 8/8 = 70 oz 8/9 = 56 oz 8/10 = 142 oz
    8/11 = 56 oz 8/12 = 64 oz 8/13 = 60 oz 8/14 = 48 oz 8/15 = 56 oz
    8/16 = 64 oz

~ Marcelyn - GREAT underwater photos. I'm envious!

~ Barbie - thanks for that reminder! I sure need to remain focused on what I can control (which is myself only, barely) and let everything else go!

~ Michele aka exermom - I'm glad I got to speak with my friend and the peace in resolution that this was a blessing. Found out "Pops" health faded fast after losing his beloved, as is somewhat typical in the elderly when they lose their purpose for getting out of bed.

~ Lanette - As for my ex and his documents, if it wasn't for me, he would never have had them to begin with. Now, my step daughter cannot locate his will, only the power of attorney and advance directives. She's informed me it looks as if he will be recovering and hopefully released by the end of the weekend. Current wife is MIA as of this morning at 5am, which isn't that unusual I'm told. My step daughter got an appointment set up with the attorney we had our documents drawn up with many years ago. She intends to ensure MY name is not on any of the documents, because I already know what kind of nightmare it would be. Nevada is a commonlaw state, with right of survivorship being normal process. I want NOTHING to do with his estate (or lack of), or be responsible for any of his decisions. Unfortunately, his children look to me for guidance often as he's gotten older and health is failing, because the current wife (3rd since I divorced him) has no sense of responsibility or obligation to him other than to take his money and use him as a babysitter. The irony in that is a best selling novel in itself! Like your friend, I'm very aware of what his pension looks like, as it was ME that got him the job to begin with - so I want nothing from the "widow/survivor" benefit, including the military benefit too. It's bad enough I have to keep his last name because it's just too much of a hassle to change my name with my security clearances UNLESS another marriage takes place...which is highly unlikely for me!

~ Ladies - THANK YOU ALL for the HUGS! I want to again thank you for responding and supporting me. I'm exhausted on all levels, but have an internal drive that's kicking in and I'm making lists of things I need to update myself for documents, or clear out of my closets and donate along with making sure I visit with close friends I haven't seen in awhile - even if it means travel - before the weather turns to winter. It's funny to me how things like this motivate me to pull my head out of the sand and when I do, I pull everyone important to me out on the same field of play and force them to do this too! Taking advantage of my 3 day weekends needs to be a higher priority to ensure I get that opportunity. Also, to reaffirm my commitment to my college studies, and lastly but certainly NOT least is my commitment to my immediate family and employer. That's kind of backwards of how I list things, which is normally God first, gratitude, let go, stay in my lane, and LOVE! If I do that, in that order, my balance stays where it should...

Much love and respect from Vegas,
    Dorrie aka TrulyDivyn
    "You've been blessed with another day, go find out why" --- Dad