Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

rowing machine- 15min, 123mhr, 70aw, 3639methers = 96c
    Apple Watch- 113c
    floor exercises- - 22min, 5sets of 10ea, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest, 1 set of 10, toe to ceiling single leg toe touches= 121c
    Apple Watch- 130c

total cal 217
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn I'm sorry you are going to have water damage at one of your homes. Thank you for keeping us posted. Those photos of 40 feet of water covering the bayou are unbelievable. I hope you keep dry where you are.

Barbie and Lanette I always want to find a good home for my treasures, too. But I have the very best seasoned cast iron skillet I found at Goodwill. And a pair of wonderful Sanita shoes (like Danskos) that still had the tags on them from Goodwill. If the people who donated them had tried to find the perfect home for those treasures, I wouldn't have them!

I have had several conversations with people about retirement lately, and so many of them are bored and want to go back to work, or are in the process of going back to work. It seems that these people wanted to retire, and then once they were retired, within a couple of years they wanted to go back to work...feeling bored, or gaining too much weight, or feeling useless, or not liking being on a fixed budget...do any of you retired ladies care to comment? I can cut back on my work schedule to as little as 2 days each month as I get older if I want to. The closer I get to retirement, the more I think having that option is incredibly fortunate. I could work just enough to cover the "extras" for as long as I wanted to (and was competent, LOL!)

Karen in Virginia
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Katla I LOVE the handpuppet story. It makes my heart smile. I hope you post pictures of any of them you may have! <3<3<3

Josephine You CAN do this. As Rori would say, "we can do this!"

Karen in Virginia
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Rori, fingers crossed!

Marcelyn, hope they're wrong about the water totals...

Lisa in West Tx, high and dry
  • pipcd34
    Options
    P
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    rori may the real estate mojo be with you B)
    NYKAREN
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Welcome Diane and congrats on your continuing success!

Someone please explain what a bayou is. Read about them, sung about them but don't really know what they are.

Gloria in WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Terry in VT - a belated Welcome! I am kind of stuck on the dumbbells for arm exercises but these bands... oh lala. I needed to strengthen my upper back and didn't have a lat machine home so the PT suggested these and I think they'll do the trick - good for triceps too.

Good luck! Enjoy your book!

Lanette
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I would've taken a pic of the watermelon, along with the sticker that is normally on them. I would've marched to the refund/ info area along with my receipt and asked for a refund, ( the next time you go to the store).
    But that's just me!
    Becca
    Kinda bossy when it comes to money matters in
    Oregon
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Joyce, isn’t it funny how we remember people from our youth the way they looked back when. I had a cousin that was an absolute hunk and saw him as an adult at my mother’s funeral. He was even better looking grown but can’t imagine what he looks like in his 60s now.

Diane, a huge congrats on the weight. It is often difficult for many of us to keep up here but we do the best we can. It’s a group that I couldn’t live without. Just skim when you get behind and skip some when you must. It’s all good.

Penny, sorry the rain delayed you from your carpentry work. You’ll have to show us the finished product.

NYKaren, your niece is lucky to have the two of you and I’m sure she is enjoying this trip.

Allie, did I understand that Tom paid for the house and basically you paid all the other bills and food? Wow, he should have a sh$tpot full of money stashed somewhere.

Barbie, I hope your new shoes are comfy. I’m the same way about getting rid of something that still has some life left in it.

Marcelyn, glad to hear you are still dry so far. Thinking of you and all the people in the rain soaked areas. (((Hugs)))

Kwtlw, welcome. This is a great place for support and information so come often. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location is great too.

Lisa, I never tire of seeing what Egg is up too. Thanks.

Lanette, your information on the bladder and coffee drinking was very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I also found it interesting about your purchasing habits and “hoarding habits”. Lol Just kidding on the last one.

Chris, I hope things are working out satisfactorily. Was good to hear from you.

KarenVA, that is terrific that you have such options to cut back how much you work. I was worried about being bored when I retired but I love it. It gives time to do things I could never do before. One of those is exercise.

Katla, how wonderful that you were able to buy hand puppets from the same lady. I hope all the grands enjoy them.

Rori, I hope the offer on your condo works out to your satisfaction. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I love all the photos! Thank you all for sharing. I’m still praying for all those in the rain soaked areas of Texas and adjoining states. I guess there is some other tropical storm that will come up the East Coast this week so we will get some rain but nothing like from Harvey. Stay safe everyone.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options