August Walking Challenge - Don't sweat it!

Options

Replies

• mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • mmlovers90
    mmlovers90 Posts: 21
    Options
    I try to walk but don't do it every day. Would love to join this challenge to get motivated to walk every day! :smile:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    How do I join this walking challenge? I enjoy walking. It doesn't cost anything and you don't need any expensive equipment to do it. No matter what your skill level is - walking is doable.

Just join in and post what your've been walking everyday :)
  • savvynurse
    savvynurse Posts: 292
    Options
    Ok got the ticker set... at least I think I do :)
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaack!!! Woohoo! LOVED this thread last month. With one day left I'm REALLY close to my goal so I'm going to up it for Aug. Can't wait to get started! Thanks
  • faithie04rn
    faithie04rn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!! I love walking, its not only good exercise, but it gives me a little "me" time to clear my head and regain focus. Trail walking is my favorite, but its been so extremely hot lately that its hard to do ANYTHING outside.... Guess that means I'll have to get up early in the morning and do it :)
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I met my goal of 600 minutes for the month of July and ended up with a total of 805 minutes. I’ll up my goal for August to 800 minutes, although we will be on an Alaskan cruise and stay at Denali for 11 days and I really don’t know what to expect as far as what exercising time will be available.
  • farmboy60
    farmboy60 Posts: 21
    Options
    Yep, count me in too. I was able to do 1200 mins of exercise mostly walking. I'm not sure what is a realisitic goal as far as miles/km for me so I'm going to try and keep a running tally and use it for next month.
  • bgmunoz
    bgmunoz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started walking two weeks ago but need something go keep me motivated :) my auguSt goal is 960 min. Going on vacation on the 6 th for a week but will make it a point to squeez in my walking
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    I want in on this!! Thanks for making it open to everyone! =)
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I came very close to reaching my July goal and now I have a treadmill so I'm going to set my goal at 45 miles. Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • CRody44
    Options
    Looks like I'm the first one to log in their goal for August.

40 min. 42 sec., 2.44 miles, 3.60 MPH (RunKeeper), 545 calories burned (Polar F11)
  • fozziewaca
    Options
    Just what I was looking for! Setting my goal for 50 miles this month.
  • blueberrypancakes
    Options
    1st August - 30 Mins Walk

Oh My God!! I was about to die within 10 minutes but I pushed through :p
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    1st August - 30 Mins Walk

Oh My God!! I was about to die within 10 minutes but I pushed through :p
    Thats what its all about!
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Bump for tomorrow
  • CRody44
    Options
    BBpancakes,

That’s the way to hang in there! I started walking regularly a little less than a month ago and puffed and panted through my first 35 minutes. I walked a mile and a half at 2.7 miles per hour. Today, I walked for 40 minutes, covered 2.4 miles at 3.6 MPH. If you stick with it, you will be amazed at how fast you improve and how much easier it gets. I started exercising at 271 lbs. and am now down to 256.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Went to Fair tonight helped start my month with a 2.5 mile walk around the fair - only thing I bought besides a goldfish for the girls and admission, a bottle of water - yay me!

So 2.5 down 97.5 to go for August!
  • Nlakshmi
    Nlakshmi Posts: 72
    Options
    Ok..can I join... I walked 1.5 miles today.
  • bgmunoz
    bgmunoz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Can I add my lil timed sprints? Total time today =60min. Time left 900 min :) not bad since my Gf wanted to stop 30 min in but I dragged her butt with me for another 30 lol she wasn't very happy but she finished with me :)