• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 new gym, new route- 5.11min, 127mhr, 10.6amph. 9mi = 46c
    apple watch- 41c
    *new* Ski Machine- 20min, 136mhr, 125ahr, 92stpmin, 114aw, 9.2km= 175c
    apple watch- 169c
    floor exerc- 14.30min, 2 sets of 5ea, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, squats w/jump, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest, on side, leg lifts, l shape, on side, leg lifts, to back, on side, leg lift, inner 127mhr = 70c
    apple watch- 72c
    single leg squats- 3.30min, 5sets of 5, ea leg, 103mhr, = 17c
    apple watch- 18c
    ride bike gym 2 dome, new route- 12.15min, 134mhr, 15amph, 3mi= 103c
    apple watch- 103c
    ride bike puy 2 sumn sta- 14.32min, 141mhr, 12.5amph, 3mi= 127c
    apple watch- 118c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.06min, 146mhr, 10.01min mi, .5mi = 67c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.42min, 10.14min mi, 148mhr, .4mi = 66c
    apple watch- 52c
    ride dome 2 hm- 16.39min, 9.3amph, 154mhr, 2.5mi= 182c
    apple watch- 149c

total cal 847
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :'(<3Lenora , I am so sorry for your loss

:)janetr , your ornaments are fabulous

:) The nasty smoke didn't deter the painter. He and his helper were here before 8, stayed til 5 and will be back at 7 tomorrow morning

<3 Barbie from beautiful smoky NW Washington
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Lisa, I’m with you in that I don’t like typing on my phone. I don’t like it when friends or DD want to carry on a conversation via texting. If it’s more than just a short message, they need to just call me.

Joyce, I love chimichangas and haven’t had one in forever. That is the sad part about this journey for me; I just really love food and miss many of the things that I no longer eat or rarely eat. *sigh* I don’t understand why you will be eating lots of bananas this week after your Mexican food? Gosh, I’m sorry to hear that Michele is not feeling any better. I totally understand that even though our kids are grown, we are always their Mommy and hate to see them sick or sad.

Barbie, I hope your painter shows up today.

Allie, I don’t think it’s trivial or trite to want to protect your property. One of the options for the hurricane is almost a direct hit on the Carolinas. I am of course praying that doesn’t happen. It will still be days before they can accurately predict it’s path so we are holding our breath. I just pray that it will turn out to sea and not actually hit the US at all. It is such a strong storm that we will definitely leave it they decide it’s coming this way. I do hope you have insurance on your Florida property.

Beth, I don’t have one but I sorta think of the Instant Pot as a Pressure Cooker on steroids. :p

Re, that is a beautiful snuggle bunny you have there. Do you have to brush him a lot?

Terry, great words of wisdom you shared with Michel.

Lenora, so sorry about the baby.

Terry, sending prayers for all in Irma’s path. I hope your family will be safe. This is a very strong storm that we are watching closely.

Katla, sending prayers for all the fires out west. It is really scary to watch on TV. Please stay safe from smoke and fire.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I’m still thinking of the poor people in Texas. Some of them have such a hard road ahead. Now I’m glued to the Weather Channel trying to figure out what Irma is going to do. I don’t know which way the people in Florida will go since they don’t know which way the storm will go. I’m making lists of things to do and what all to take if it decides to come this way.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Terry in VT - 4 months? I don't think i will ever complain about losing power for 4 hrs again! I am praying for their safety and your sanity in case you have to have a house guest for 4 months.

Gloria in WA
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Lenora – I’m so sorry to hear your daughter-in-law and son lost their baby. I’ll hold them in the light. Hope they are able to comfort each other in the days to come.

Felicia – Wow, trail running really does sound like fun! Don’t think I could manage it since my knee injury, but it must feel kind of free to run in a natural setting like that.

Terry – Sending good thoughts for your mother and sister-in-law. I can’t even imagine being without power for four months! This hurricane season is shaping up to be really scary.

-Yvonne in TX
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Chris so sorry about the job both losing out on the one you wanted and having to stay in the one you hate. What kind of work do you do? As for that 5 lbs I have faith in you to do what you need to do <3
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »

Okay, need some input on a...slightly risque topic. There have been a few times in the past couple months where I REALLY don't want my hubby to touch me. For instance; I got into bed last night, and he came in a few minutes later and started rubbing my back. I actually had to clench my teeth to keep from screaming "God! give me a break! No!" He knows that I have been tired, and sore/achy the past few days; but here he is. This has happened before. And it's not even that I am that tired or that sore; it just feels like one more thing that some body wants from me. It makes me want to pull my hair out of my head and run out of the house. We have a great sex life, in fact, better now that the kids are grown and out of the house. Is this a menopause thing? Is there a nice way to say " I love you, but the thought of having sex right now makes me want to commit hari kari?"

thanks in advance for the advice ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Oh, yes. I know exactly what you mean.

Felicia
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of a peak10 Interval DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the deep water class.

Just got a friend request from a johncalvinfields and a vincesep1. Does anyone know them? Sounds to me like someone who was intrigued by my name. Maybe I'm wrong

Toni - Denise didn't want two showers. Pete feels strongly (and so does Denise) that now two families are uniting, so that's why she didn't want two showers. Maria was going to have her own, but Denise shot that down. Jess wanted to do what Denise wanted. Denise said that she wanted a burlesque show for her bachlorette party, now she's afraid that there will be too much drama so she doesn't even want that. She feels that just going to a bar is good enough. Even tho Denise says that she feels that two families are coming together, I question how much of that she deep down really feels. Good luck to you. Remember that we are all in your pocket, you only have to reach out (figuratively) and we're there.

janetr - I keep thinking of barbie's quote "act the way you want to feel". Now that I have a bit of "cooling off" time, I do think that I should be at the shower, like Toni said "if anything to kill her with kindness"

wildhorse - I already limit tortillas (very seldome have them), I usually only have brown rice (there isn't any white rice in my house), I'd really prefer shirataki noodles to regular spaghetti (or even spaghetti squash), admitted I'll have a little white potatoes -- usually I'll have the sweet potatoes (no butter or sugar on them) or purple potatoes, I do try to limit sugar but sometimes that's not possible (like in ketchup). I just thought maybe there was something else I should cut out. I do love my fruit and veges. Veges first, then fruit. To me, a perfectly wonderful dessert is a nice, juicy, sweet peach.

DJ - to be perfectly honest, I know very very few of the guests who will be at the wedding. I've seen Maria's sister once (never talked to her), I've met her daughter about 12 years ago. That's IT. But I do feel right now that I should be there. I suspect Jess will go too, if only because it appears that Denise was quite upset at what Maria did and she wants Jess there. In Jess's words "well, now Maria will get the shower she wants", but I don't think Jess wants to pay for it. Angela did say to Jess that she was just going to tell Denise she had to work on the day of the shower. Will she? That will remain to be seen.

Thank you everyone. About the shower -- I think I was just rash in my feelings. My heart breaks for Jess. And for Maria to not know that she insulted Jess big time? Or maybe that's just what she said so she could get her way. Anyway, I'm thinking that I'll ask the grandmother to come to my house for Christmas Eve since that's important to me (at the wedding). I'll mention that due to logistics, Pete and Denise can see her the week before Christmas and the week after Christmas. But let's be logical -- they aren't going to come to NC twice. I'm thinking that Maria will probably be at the same table as the mother so perhaps then I'll tell her that she really hurt Vince and I, she hurt Denise and she hurt Jess big time. Christmas is a time of forgiveness, and I'm willing to put my feelings aside. I guess it will remain to be seen if she's willing to. If Angela doesn't go to the shower, I'll mention that Denise doesn't know that and I think it's Angela's place to tell her, but why does she think Angela wasn't at the shower? If Angela does go, I'll mention that Denise doesn't know and probably should never know but Angela was ready not to come to the shower, Maria has hurt her, too but not as much as she's hurt us

Heather - I was talking to my girlfriend in Switzerland when I asked if she wanted to put anything in the favor bag for the shower. She said that she asked her husband (native Swiss) and he said that over there they don't have showers, they do have stag parties. Maybe the bridal shower is comparable to your "Hen Party". But it's probably not as elaborate, I bet it's just women getting toghether and talking, probably giving the bride-to-be advice. Get better fast

katla - I, neither, can remember if I congratulated you on your grandchild. I may have, but let me congratulate you again if I already did. Congrats!!!

katie - that's my thought exactly. I want to show them how a person with class acts

Allie - I don't think you're being selfish at all. I can totally understand how in a sense you would be glad if the trailer was wiped out. You are a good person, worrying about your friends and all. Should the trailer get wiped out, isn't the land it's on still worth something? At least you'll probably get something out of all this.

Margaret - I totally agree, this shower/wedding should be about Denise. To be honest, it would have been much easier for me if the shower were in VA. Then Jess could have scoped the venues out, I wouldn't have had to drive as far. But I never lobbied for that because this shower is about her. Maria made a stink about how she has people coming from an hour away. He**, I'm coming from 10 hours away. But this is about Denise and what she'd like, not me.

Rye - what a wonderful idea to have a spa day for Jess and me! I just asked her since I don't know her schedule. I do know that she's supposed to go to Austin in the middle of October to give a presentation. And then there's Christmas. Maybe in the middle of Jan or even early in Feb.? I'll leave the date up to her. There's this place (quite nice) around here where you get a massage, lunch poolside, they have 3 pools, you get a mani/pedi. Kidd Kirby is so adorable!

Terry - thanks for those words of wisdom.

I noticed a crack in my ring (all the way thru), so I took it to the jeweler this morning. I was afraid that this crack would grow and I'd lose my ring. They're going to reweld it, but I also found out that there was another place where it was loose. that place was right next to one of the diamonds. I would feel horrible if I ever lost the diamond. So they're going to reweld both places. I should have the ring back by Thurs. Thank goodness because I just know that I'll constantly be unconsciously feeling for the ring, and when it isn't there, I'll get all worried that I'd lost it. Then I'll remember that it's at the jewelers. This happened when I had my wedding rings appraised so I know that this will happen

Going to go out by the pool now. Vince figures the pool temp is probably in the upper 70's.

katla - you have no idea how many times I've held my tongue because I knew that Denise was going to be under stress and I felt that she sure didn't need any added stress from me. Some of the things I've vented about on here, some I didn't even bother with. Maybe Maria and Denise interpreted my silence as agreement. I don't know. I do know that eventually I will tell them how very much Vince, me, Denise, and Jess were hurt. Denise is still in denial that a lot of the problems were caused by maria and her family. How many times Vince has said "I've tried very hard to stay out of this" and "I'm just very sorry that you can't see that most of this is being caused by a few people". I just hope and pray that eventually she will get it, and that that eventually won't be a long way off. I'm so sorry for your friend. I do hope she's successful at quitting.

langman - I have bought the small things for earrings, I'm just not crazy about them because they are so small

Carol - the latest is that Maria sent out a second invitation. See, the winery that was originally picked wasn't going to work out. Vince wrote up something basically saying that this is a change of venue. Well, Denise told us she and Amanda were going to mail them out. She made copies of what Vince wrote. Come to find out that Maria sent them out. We explicitly told Denise that they should NOT be an invitation, that would be a slap in the face to Jess. Well...Maria sent out another invitation. Plus, she didn't include anything about this being a change of venue. Several people have responded to Jess saying that they were confused by the two invitations. Talk about a slap in Jess' face! She at first wasn't going to go to the shower. Now she said that she will go for Denise, but with all that she's had to put up with, she'll only pay $75. Maria is getting what she wanted, she can pay for what she wants. Denise feels that Jess is "punishing Maria and Amanda". I don't see it as punishing, she can pay for what she wants, she's getting what she wanted. I wasn't sure if I should go to support Jess and what was done to her, but on the same hand that would hurt Denise and I'm sure Maria would see it as "see, your own mother can't be bothered to come to your shower". No, I'll go, hold my head high, thank everyone for coming, tell them I made something special for them so they should take a favor in the gold bag (as opposed to the silver bags that Maria got, even tho I asked her not to get something she was very insistent that we give out two favors). Jess has said that she'll go for Denise. If she feels uncomfortable, something will "come up" and we'll have to leave. That's the story. Instead of the winery that they wanted it at, Maria wanted it at a restaurant and that's where it'll be. Denise made the arrangements.

Lenora - oh no! I'm so very very very sorry about your DIL. I know the hurt and disappointment only too well. Hugs to her. We've told Denise that Maria is trying to buy Denise's affection, Denise doesn't want to see it that way. Maybe some day she will.

DJ - we just had a talk with the girls about how talking in person (even on the phone) is so much better than texting. How you can see or even hear the body language. I hope Irma misses us, too. I know Vince is concerned about the condo

I'll be driving up to VA Friday. Jess has work and then a horseback riding lesson, then we'll drive to Steve's house in PA. Jess will decorate the cake up there. I'm glad, this way we won't have to transport it 2-1/2 hours. Sometimes she can get so short with me, like I'm supposed to know her plans. I had to ask her what time she expects we'll be there since I wanted to tell Steve when to expect us. I told him we'd probably be there around 11:30-12.

Now Pete is getting into the shower stuff. He was texting Jess about how she was only going to pay $75. Well, we talked to her and told her that the final decision is hers but we did encourage her to be the bigger person and pay her 1/3 which is around $150 even after all the stuff she's had to put up with. Actually, I'll put it on my charge card. she said that Angela isn't going to the shower because she doesn't want to deal with Amanda. Who knows? She may change her mind. But if she doesn't...oh well. Jess paid her 1/3.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    DJ, last night was the last day I had no dietary restrictions. Now I can't have fruit with seeds, skins, stuff like that. I love bananas but I love then real fresh and crisp but still yellow. It's like I need to go every day and buy a couple for the next day! But I love to eat them in my cereal and just to eat them plain. Went grocery shopping today for Sunday's very strict meals. I can have 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream for lunch. Walmart has those individual 1/2 cup plastic containers. You have to buy a package of like 12 comtainers but I'm sure Charlie will help me. I will also have some rice. I can only have whole wheat bread Sunday. Charlie doesn't like that either so I bout a 1/2 loaf. I don't usually eat it because he doesn't like it. But I do love it, especially toasted and then put peanut butter on it. Oh, can't have my crunchy peanut butter at all this week. Such sadness! So Sprite, chicken broth, jello Sunday eve along with water. I could have Popsicles but I do time how freezing cold they are.

Lenora, I a, so sorry for the miscarriage. I personally only have known one woman who has had one, my nephews wife. It was at the point that it was viable so the hospital wrapped her up in a pretty gown. The hospital has an annual service for all the babies who lost due to miscarriage, still birth, etc. I hate it when people refer to them as 'just a fetus'. That little tiny life is a baby, a culmination of love and hopes and is a deep loss. They, and you will always remember that little tiny life. My heart goes out to you and your family.

JanetR, I love your ornaments. No wonder people have asked you the price. They are worthy of selling for a good price. The recipients should consider themselves very special. Wouldn't it be fun if we could have a say where us ladies could get together somewhere and bring our crafts. My Mom made one for all is kids but it wasn't that elaborate.

Michelle went to se the nurse practitioner again today. She is going to have an ultrasound of her gall bladder Thursday morning. She also had an appointment with her ortho Doctor and is to have an MRI of her knee. He thinks she may have a torn miniscus. She is so frustrated with her whole life right now. She did she say that we won in that she has quit smoking. But since this is the third time to quit, it may not be the last. We did enjoy having her with us tonight. She always enjoys p
    Ali g with her baby brother Mozart.

Toni and Michele, have thought about the two of you a lot today.

Joyce, Indiana
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    September Accountability
    Progress for Monday - 9/4/2017
    1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B1, L19.3, D23, MS1, AS29.6, BBS18.5 = 92g)
    2. Fiber 30g (18g)
    3. Vegetables - big salad daily
    ✔4. Track every bite and complete the MFP entry daily.
    5. Steps - average 5000 steps, 30 Fitbit minutes (1982 steps)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Lenora: I'm sorry for your loss. :sad:

Chris in MA: (((HUGS)))

Michele: I am sorry that things are so difficult. :flowerforyou:

My phone quit and I'm going to see what I can do to replace it tomorrow. :grumble: DH has offered me his, but I will only take it as a last resort. I need my number and my information. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Katla: Here is the InstantPot I have had since October 2015:
    Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior, Latest 3rd Generation Technology

No regrets. I am seriously considering buying a second insert to have available when main one is in use making yougurt.

Michele: You got this group's good advice. Now, it's up to you to chose how you want to feel, even in the face of circumstances beyond your control. I agree with whoever said not to give power over to someone else. Stay strong, classy and smiling :)

Lenora: Sympathy and prayers for peace to you and your family.

Toni: ((hugs))

Suebdew: The airshow is in a remote corner of Colorado Springs airport, not at a military installation.

Terry: Praying PR is spared Irma’s wrath.

DJ and Allie: Ditto for Carolinas and Florida. Such a helpless feeling.

Beautiful moon tonight. My cat Mars is going crazy howling at it. >:):# Bedtime. Sweet dreams, friends. We can do this.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Janetr - your ornaments are beauties! They remind me of the ones my ex mother-in-law made one year. Hers were blue with white and silver pushpins, lace, ribbons. She really enjoyed making those for her tree and use them for years.

Joyce - I feel for Michelle. I suffered with gall stones for a couple years until they came out with the new surgery laparoscopic. It was a lifesaver. I have the knee scope surgery in 2014 to repair my torn meniscus. That knee problem took the wind out of my weight loss sails and I've been fighting my way back on track since. And... I think it's torn again. It's good she quit smoking. She will heal faster. Hope she stays quit. If she needs support I can recommend the LIVESTRONG quit smoking community. Great group of folks there. I quit in 2013 with their help.

Lenora - sorry for your family's loss. Sending positive healing thoughts to y'all.

We are still without internet. I've heard AT&T should have us back up by the 7th. So... I'm on my data hotspot on my iPhone.

--Ginger in Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sue in WA thank you so much for that, and for sharing what your grandmother said about her cross stitch work. I will remember that and use it :) I too used to do a lot of cross stitch but I just don't see well enough anymore to tackle it.

We even have smoke clear down here on the SW Plains.

Janetr OKC
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    -
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely friends -

Thank you so much for your kind words, thoughts, prayers, and angels sent my way. Just knowing you were in my pocket helped so much.
    It was a really hard thing to do but I am feeling such relief telling DH about my choice. I am not changing my mind but after much talk and tears shed by both of us I agreed to wait 3 months to make my decision final. I feel good about that because he was so blind sided by my decision and I think this will give him time to process things and build a plan for what he will do. I will now talk to his kids about the situation and appeal to them to rally around their dad and help him see a future. I'm also planning to see if my therapist will meet with both of us to help facilitate discussions that need to be had.

Lenora - I am so very sorry for the loss of the little one. I am praying for all of you.

Rye - Your kitty looks a lot like my kitty, Shirley. She is a delight! a real cuddler! She butts me with her head to get my attention and sometimes sits on the arm of my recliner and "punches" me with her paw. It tickles me that when I don't respond to a punch from her right paw, she switches to see if the left one will get my attention.

Terry, Michele, DJ - Praying that Irma takes her nasty self out into the Atlantic - the sooner the better! My step daughter and family live near Cocoa Beach. I want them safe, too.

TNToni
    Hoping to sleep tonight - if not, then more sorting and pitching is in my near future.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    MiL had a different physical therapist today - had to do many more reps in her exercise sets. She looked fantastic today tho, I do think her hard work is paying off.

I got to sneak a small swim in while she was doing some of her exercises - 730 meters. I'm working on backstroke and I have to say it is majorly rough going. It is hard for me to understand that this stroke is considered a rest stroke for when you are tired. Sure isn't for me!

Lenora I'm so sorry to hear that. I wish we could do something to make it better.

DJ Kidd Kirby takes a LOT of grooming! He sure is worth it tho, what a personality he has! And yes, he is quite a snuggle bunny with me.

Michelle That spa sounds simply fabulous. I'm sure whenever you get it scheduled that you two will have a fantastic day.

Kelly I asked my DH what advice he'd give you and he said that if you two were not in the habit of talking out such things it could be hard. ... so he would recommend trying to bring it up in the larger menopause context : so that your husband would understand that he wasn't doing anything wrong. DH and I have had to be more proactively planning as I experience something similar. I have been trying to actively be the spontaneous initiator when I feel good - that has helped the two of us a lot the past few years, I think.

Well sleep is calling, loudly ...

Best wishes to all,

Rye