September Running
    09/01: Off, rest day
    09/02: 4.02 mile easy run + 30 min biking
    09/03: 20.05 mile long run
    09/04: 60 min biking + strength training
    09/05: 5.04 mile easy run + 15 min elliptical
    Total: 29.11 miles

Notes:
    Just stopping by for a quick check in, hopefully I'll have time to catch up later tonight! Yesterday was just cross training, strength training, and about an hour of gentle walking to help recover from my long run. I have to say, my legs felt pretty great considering I ran 20 miles the day before! In fact, probably the best they've felt after a long run in a while: no soreness or aches, just a general heaviness. Today was an easy 5 mile run, averaged 9:11 pace, then a bit of cross training and stretching afterwards. Nice weather and a very nice run!

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    - Chicago Marathon, 10/08/17
    - Space Coast Half Marathon, 11/26/17
    - Excalibur 10 Miler, 03/18/18
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    9/1 = 5.5 miles
    9/2 = Rest Day
    9/3 = 16.5 miles (run/walk intervals)
    9/4 = 8.5 miles and a Hatha yoga class
    9/5 = Camp Gladiator class

Running rest day for me today. Mostly because I could not stop hitting my snooze alarm this morning. I did try out a Camp Gladiator workout after work. Has anyone ever tried it? They had a month trial special for $9 that I could not pass up. It was kinda fun - a boot camp type workout.

(September miles) 30.5/175 (September goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    10/28 = Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Today was one of those days when I had to convince myself to get out there and run, but I was glad I did 5 minutes into my run. Tomorrow most likely will be a rest day or easy strength training. I think my body is trying to tell me it's time to take it easy for a day or two :)

Happy 1st day of school to those of you with children of appropriate age!

Goal: 135
    Total: 29
    9/01 – 10 miles
    9/03 – 6 miles, easy afternoon run
    9/04 – 7 miles
    9/05 – 6 miles

_________________________________________________________________________________
    Upcoming races:
    September 24 – Bachman Valley Half Marathon. Goal – to beat my previous PR of 1:50
    October 22 – Gettysburg Blue-Gray Half Marathon.
    November 5 –Gettysburg Battleground Half Marathon. Goal – to enjoy this local run I was not aware of!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    And @PastorVincent did a fine job of convincing me to buy the 2nd Mistborn trilogy. I read the first trilogy some time ago; IIRC, I had to wait for Hero of the Ages to be published in mass market paperback. This time, I have the luxury of getting all three at once. No audio books for me; when I'm able to run again, the fiction reading will slow down a lot.

Now if I could just get Mr. Sanderson to promote my books... :lol:

Seriously, I hope you enjoy them. I am a big fan of his writing and have not read all his books yet, but I do feel that the Mist Born series is the best of his work yet.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    9/2: 2.6
    9/3: 2.2
    9/5: 4.0

Total 8.8 / 50.0

A lovely cool evening. I was kind of stiff and achy from moving up to two days in a row, and that stiff never really wore off. While I was cooling down, I would get really tight knees, then do a half dozen lunges and be fine, then a minute or two later be tight again. Time to do more strength work, I guess!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Today ended up being a rest day after all. School starts tomorrow for our son, so today was the orientation at his new school. Should be interesting to see how tomorrow plays out. Hopefully, he makes a couple good friends quickly that way all will go smoothly. We shall see.
  • cameronheel
    cameronheel Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Goal for Sept is 100 miles

Sept 1.....0 m.......Rest day
    Sept 2.....13.2m...MTD 13.2
    Sept 3.....0 m.......MTD 13.2
    Sept 4.....4.1 m....MTD 17.3 Also did 11 m ride in am.
    Sept 5.....4 m.......MTD 21.3 Much rain and distant thunder and lightning on run tonite.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person that didn't know this?

Heel Lock

Thanks for posting this video. I started heel locking my shoes....going to try it for my run tomorrow and will report if it makes a difference. (Also my husband heel locked his shoes.) We had no idea that that was what we were supposed to do.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    September goal: 65 miles

9/3: 7.1 miles
    9/4: 3.1 miles
    9/5: 3.2 miles (intervals)

13.4/65 miles

I got my intervals done tonight. It was still hot so they kind of sucked, but I felt really good afterwards. I am definitely starting to feel the fall allergies. I hope the fall cooler temperatures will be here soon.

exercise.png

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    11 km Riverbank Trails-Mann Flatts loop. It was HOTT so I really struggled after 5km. 26C = 79F which for us is a scorcher - especially at this time of year. Didn't have any water with me so after 5k my body was not happy. toughed it out. Short club run tomorrow night and then Taper for this Sunday's 10km Trail Race at a Cross Country ski club. Lots of twists and turns, little sand hills ( commonly called sissy hills ) and from 3 wide to single track. It's a fun event as you can always hear the other runners and catch glimpses through the trees. Sometimes you aren't sure if you are chasing the people you hear or if they are chasing you. Oh and 1 or 2 mud bogs that you can balance beam around on some old deadfall trees. Two years ago on the morning of the event they had a wind shear storm knock over 3 trees across the course so runners choice, over, under or around.

exercise.png

09/02 6.5 km – 143.5 km - 006.5 km – YTD 1001.07 km
    09/03 6.5 km – 137.0 km - 013.0 km – YTD 1007.57 km
    09/05 11.0 km – 126.0 km - 024.0 km – YTD 1018.57 km

@lporter229 What part of Virginia? I spent some time around Lynchburg in the 90's and would walk this Hill / mountain? just past the Ladies College. Can't remember the name of the college. Even though I got sweaters there for my nieces.

@katharmonic :D:D Now that is the best description of a training session seeming to last a long time. Sounds more like an Ultra Run than a track session.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    r_babin wrote: »
    I'm a beginner runner looking for a cool group to join. My goal is to train and do a couple of races is 2018, mostly 5K then build up to a 10K race by 2019. I am at the end of week 3 of the basic couch to 5K program, so I can consistently run for 3 minute spurts at an ok pace. My problem is I hate the cold and temperatures here are starting to drop (I run very early in the morning). Any suggestions on the proper fall running gear I should look into getting?

In the same boat, but going from 10k to a HM. I hate the cold and am also an early morning runner needing to invest in warmer gear.
  • 1TheQueenB
    1TheQueenB Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Run safely if you're in the way of these terrible storms-
    I'm in Florida just waiting for our turn :neutral:

9/1 - 4.62 miles
    9/2 - 30 min cardio
    9/3 - 30 min walk
    9/4 - 4.16 miles = total 8.78 miles
    9/5 - 5.03 miles = total 13.81 (treadmill today)
    9/6 -
    9/7 -
    9/8 -
    9/9 -
    9/10 -
    9/11 -
    9/12 -
    9/13 -
    9/14 -
    9/15 -
    9/16 -
    9/17 -
    9/18 -
    9/19 -
    9/20 -
    9/21 -
    9/22 -
    9/23 -
    9/24 -
    9/25 -
    9/26 -
    9/27 -
    9/28 -
    9/29 -
    9/30 -

• ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic - Congrats on mile PR! Great workout! That does sound grueling.

@PastorVincent - Hope everything goes well for your son on his first day. I feel ya on the making friends part. Mine had his first day of middle school and I was nervous too. He's new to this school system but had his older sister to help him at least. I pray you're feeling better.

@kgirlhart - Good job gutting out intervals. I will say, those are my least favorite workouts.

@cameronheel - You're off to a great start to your monthly goal!

Side note on shoe tying. I've gotten lazy and just slip mine on and off now. I don't get blisters but probably once a month my toes hurt after a run. I don't know what causes it. Could I be sliding around in my shoes?

• ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    @ROBOTFOOD Good to see you back on!

@MobyCarp Balance is one of the hardest things we do in yoga but is the easiest one to practice. Sometimes throughout the day when I'm standing, I'll shift my weight to one foot but not lean and relax the knee and the toes of my planting foot. Then hover the opposite foot above the ground. My yogi says you lose balance everyday. I don't know if that's true, but I can tell after a year I've gotten better at it.

• PastorVincent
    Options
    ctlaws44 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - Hope everything goes well for your son on his first day. I feel ya on the making friends part. Mine had his first day of middle school and I was nervous too. He's new to this school system but had his older sister to help him at least. I pray you're feeling better.

Cold is on its down fall. :)

About now my son should be at the bus stop. New School, New state, and never rode a school bus before. Also, cause the district is so big he will actually have to change buses half way. heh. Nothing like diving all the way!