WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Barbiecat - Apparently, they must be spray-painting your house. Where the white is on the 'old' color - is that going to be a 'different' color than the 'new' color or is it going to be the same color all over?
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Allie – I’ve heard other stories about people suing family over accidents, and apparently some insurance company policies lead to that sort of thing. That is, a person’s insurance may pay but then go after the homeowner for reimbursement, or refuse to pay unless the person has made an attempt to collect from the homeowner's insurance policy. Insurance is SUCH a racket!

Lanette – I think the weather is going to have all kinds of nationwide effects. I know there are materials produced along the Gulf Coast that are used in a lot of different products. With storms having disrupted the supply of those materials, any manufacturer that depends on them is going to be challenged to maintain production. No doubt the smoke in the Northwest has similar effects in place we wouldn’t think about.

Rye – How wonderful that you have “Mom dreams!” After her death I used to dream that my mom called me on the phone, and I’d wake up feeling like I’d been talking with her. Wish she’d call again – I still miss her dearly.

Terry – I sure hope you get some relief and are able to enjoy your vacation. Spending your vacation soaking in the jacuzzi doesn’t sound so bad!

Karen – Oh, I love the OPI polish names too!

I did my workout on the Nordic Track today, which requires a little coordination. I’m out of practice so it took me a long time to get through it – I had to do it in five-minute intervals. But I did it, and it felt good. I really like the Nordic Track when I can get in the rhythm.

I can't remember if I told y’all about Arctic Zero. I’m a sucker for ice cream and I had an Ibotta rebate for it so I tried it. It’s nothing like ice cream, but it is a tasty cold treat that kind of hits the same spot without quite as big an impact on the calorie count.

Sleep tight!

-Yvonne in TX
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Barbie Wow I love the new color of the house. It's like having a brand new house. :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    Update on the Inner Armour protein drink: I ended up ordering some in the Pina Colada flavor. It came today. It is actually quite yummy tasting. 90 calories and 20 g of protein in 20 oz of water. I drank it for an afternoon snack and was quite satisfied.

I looked it up on line and wondered how it was, maybe I'll order some to try. I really really need to get a control on my situration. :(

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,880 Member
    Options
    I wandered over to the 2017 Daffodil, Camellia and Floral Art Show at lunch today ... and I learned something. I had always thought that there were maybe half a dozen different types of daffodil. I found out there are a whole heap of varieties.

https://www.hobartcity.com.au/Community/Events-and-activities/Upcoming-events/City-of-Hobart-Floral-Shows
  • knjiuv
    knjiuv Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I guess is have a split personality here on MFP. Sometimes when I sign in, it is is silly kjv or whatever this says I am. Oh, by the way. , this is Jmkmomm or Joyce, Indiana to most of you. I have tried logging out and logging back in and it still assigns me to this weird name. I have be been reading the last two days but not posted just because I have been trying to figure out who I am and getting back to my old me. So I just decided to just post today under this.

Congrats Karen, Va on the new baby. Tell us more!!!!!

Ginger, when I got my new stove and was reading the manual,mint had a section on the Jewish settings. I had never heard of that but checked it out on line and yes, it is right. I a, glad I got a Protestant stove.

Had my appointment this morning. It is always interesting to see her because she thinks out loud and you always know what is gong on. Now she examines then picks up her microphone on her laptop and dictates that thought and then repeats until she is done. Charlie god to another doc in the same office and he doesn't do that. I guess he dictates right after Charlie leaves the room. But she is the first doctor I have ever been to that the nurse doesn't call you back to the room until the doctor is in there first. She is sitting there all ready for me. Everything is the same, see her in a year.

Then I went to Walgreens and printed out the picture some one took for my sis for her birthday. She lives in Seattle and her pictures are so beautiful. Then came home, got a quick lunch and Norma came over and we went shopping. She was looking for two dress slacks, and old fashioned navy color, non stone washed and non stretch. Oh the walking I did! Norma had her scooter so it was easy for her. Plus just puts in a fast speed and whirls on down the mall. My sore feet don't walk like that after three different stores. The soles of my shoes are really wearing down and I need new ones. We found the dress pants but I don't think they make non stretch jeans anymore. She found the color and fit but it was way over her price range. She was wearing the same jean that she got at a consignment shop for $6. They would charge her $79 to buy it there in old fashioned navy blue. So she is going to put her name and number on a list at that and on their consignment shop for when they get some in. I didn't know that Chico's sizing was so different. I would wear a size 3 there!

Allie, wish we could be there to help you in your packing, it can be very strenuous. I sure hope you get some free help in moving. I have always heard that free pizza and beer goes a ong way to get free help.

Well tonight is my last night on my Cholestid. Doctor put me on that to stop all the diarrhea. With the colonoscopy Monday, I needed to not be stopped up! I also picked up my prep. That stuff isn't cheap! And to think we drink that stuff willingly!!!!!!

Night night. Joyce, Indiana
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Dentist appt tomorrow so off to bed.

Gloria in WA
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Was a bad gal and didn't do body weight exercises yesterday. It is so hard to get and stay motivated to do something so unpleasant. :(
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Michele - Bringing the generator indoors just to keep it safe from the storm or theft might be okay, ... you don't want to operate or run that generator indoors. That kills people,
    "A generator has an internal combustion engine and uses gas and oil. The exhaust from running a generator contains lethal carbon monoxide. Therefore, this unit should never be placed inside. A generator must only be used in a well ventilated area." I have heard of people dying in their sleep from carbon monoxide.

It would be good to crank it up and make sure it works. There are fuel additives and injector cleaners you can use to help extend the life of the gasoline used. Buy those at Walmart or any automotive supplies department.

Praying for you all!

--Ginger in TX
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, and stay safe everybody.

Michelle you will handle this Shower and the day will be behind you and your wonderful daughter in front of you-she is lucky to have you. When I face something challenging I love the talisman idea, or love in your pocket ideas. I will also project myself into what's going to happen later-something fun or simple that I enjoy. I picture myself doing that happy thing like "boy this time tomorrow I'll be taking a walk, or grocery shopping or hanging out with a friend." Calms me down :)

NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,214 Member
    Options
    Yeah Allie! :drinker: You will probably go through the whole gamut of emotions before you are done. That's OK. It's a huge change. But you will ride it out and be much, much happier in the long run. <3

Katla - People get very upset when you call it instapot. It's Instant Pot or IP. :D Fairlife milk is unique in that it is ultra heat treated and has added proteins and is filtered, so you can make yogurt from cold. So I understand from all the postings on Facebook. ;) We don't have that exact same one in the UK . I like my yogurt tart so I just go for boiled whole milk. I incubate for longer as well - ten and a half hours.. I use some for just ordinary consistency yogurt and some I strain for what you call Greek yoghurt and I call cheese. Is it not true that with a long incubation there is not much lactose left anyway, or have I got that wrong?

Lanette - I had to laugh when you talked about a tickly cough. This one sounds like an old man in the morning who has been smoking forty a day for fifty years! At night there is a whole orchestra going on in my windpipe! I feel a bit better today, though exercise gets it all going again. Both of us are still hacking. I slept well last night though, even though I had a two hour nap. I am reliably told that it lasts around two weeks, so we have 3 days to go. At least I know the whole Hove family went through it. DDIL said it was "exhausting".
    But my troubles are tiny compared to my cancer friend. Her terrible cough has come back now that she stopped the chemo. She texted me yesterday and said she was waiting for the results of scans. I will ring her when I'm finished here. So sad.

DH has just rung to say he is coming back from cricket because of the rain.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Forgot to say that I heard from Kim who is fine, but flooded with work. She is thinking about us a lot, but finds the number of posts hard to keep up with and gets overwhelmed. I hope she will come back soon. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I got a private message from our resident troll. I'd feel special, but now I know I'm just one in a string of many. LOL! I ignored it. No need to feed the troll.

Barbie, I can't wait to see the new color once the trim is done and it's all spiffed up. I liked the old color, too. Are you going back with white trim?

I'm up bright and early to sub again. I'm getting a reputation among the students. Three teachers were out yesterday and today because they've travelled to see the UGA/Norte Dame game on Saturday. Kids from the class of another teacher who's out came to visit me during my planning to get help with the work their teacher left. Today is football Friday, so I will wear the school colors if red and blue. This school was the cross county rival of the school I taught at for 33 years. It really pains me to put on red and blue instead of black and gold, but hey! I am a team player and kids are kids. They like to see our support.

Lenora, condolences on the loss of your grandchild. It's always heartbreaking.

• lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, my chickens,

Am only halfway through my first cup of coffee, so don't know how sparkling my repartee will be this morning...

Janet - I love those ornaments--especially the blue & white ones. And I think I've said before, you and I are in the headspace, and for the same reasons. I keep telling myself they operated on my stomach, not my head, but it's very frustrating--like an acidic taste in your mouth that you can't wash away.

Barbie - love the new house color, but then, I loved the old house color. I love shades of gray.

Allie - I agree with whoever said your voice here has changed. It has--and there will be moments of sadness, but you'll get through them. And you already have your community built there, as well as here on this thread to give you the people you need to take with you into this new life. You're ahead of the game! You can just call us pocket people. :)

Decided to distract my "monkey mind," and "squirrel! psyche" with something to get cranky about... So I started back on the Contrave yesterday. This time, however, I knew what to expect. Within a few minutes of the headache starting, I had Tylenol onboard, and my husband suggested ginger tea for the nausea/dizziness. I went up to the store and got some fresh ginger, which he proceeded to peel, slice and steep for me. Let that cool, strained it, and added it to lime juice, lots of ice, some Splenda and some more water. Holy healthy water, Batman, it tastes good. Like ginger ale with actual ginger in it. And my stomach settled right down. Might be the placebo effect, who the heck knows? Not going to argue with what works.

I can still feel the effects of the Contrave this morning--sort of like having speed bumps on the inside of your eyeballs. Little ones. Lots of them. I won't take my first dose of the day until breakfast, so I can pad it with food on either side of it. Plus, I've got these three days off to adjust to it better before I have to drive to Carlsbad on Monday. Hopefully I can get it completely settled down by then. It's a day-trip, so I'll be back home at the end of the evening.

For now, just getting chores done around the house, a little shopping today, and no other plans. Watching Irma and trying not to worry about my kids and grandkids.

Egg is being a wart. Gotta go.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • cityjaneLondon
    Options
    Rye - I agree with Drkatie. :D I used to hate all exercise (apart from swimming and even then hated getting out and all the bother) and could never in a million years imagine myself lifting dumbbells. Now my day feels really weird without my 600 cals burn and I love my shape and strength.
    Just carry on and on and on. One day you will look in the mirror and go WOW! You will relish being able to do things other much younger people can't. Life will feel strange without it. :noway:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx