The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    42. Dropped 90 lbs and am currently in the best shape of my life. Walking around and maintaining at 180lbs, though I will drop down to 175 or 170 for combat sports matches/fights. I'm pretty active logging and encouraging friends, so add me, especially if you are interested in BJJ/MMA as a workout and/or weight loss strategy.
  • oehlers
    oehlers Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    53 and desperate to loose weight to get diabetes under control. Please add me to the group.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone new to this thread. It's been stagnant here for a while, so nice to see some new faces. Wishing you all much success!
  • Bluerunbiker
    Bluerunbiker Posts: 30 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ok im starting again today I might last a few days or months lol but im at least going to try feel free to add me
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Wishing everyone here much success. Feel free to add me :)
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new middle agers. I am finally starting to see a downward shift in my weight. Inches are coming off as well. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Jbuscig
    Jbuscig Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40 and lost 20 lbs this summer! 165 to 145. My goal 130, 15lb more to go to hit my goal. I'm a single stay at home mom and full time student. Since the summer has ended, it's been a lot more challenging to stay on top of the diet and exercise routine that held for the summer so my goal for right now is maintain don't gain.
  • whiskeystitching
    whiskeystitching Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    38. Bought some resistance bands yesterday, and the informative insert told me that if you don't see a doctor before starting an exercise program when you're over 35, you could die! *insert dramatic music.* Apparently, I am already DEATH OLDZ. I feel so metal. :)
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Just turned 41. I have lost a total of 36 pounds since Jan 1st with about half of it within the last 50 days with MFP. Feel free to add me. Love having friends who log in everyday and I do some sort of cardio/strength workouts everyday.
  • stubbornashell
    stubbornashell Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I'm looking for some folks to help keep me honest and motivated, and in return I'll do the same. I trying to log daily again (open to friends). I hit a goal 6 months ago and since then have just coasted. Now I'm back to lifting every other day with active recovery on off days. I'm 27lbs down and my next goal is another 24 to get me down to the mythical onederland. Oh yeah, and I just turned 37. Feel free to add me.
  • sheepingly
    sheepingly Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    38 in two months
  • __twisted__
    __twisted__ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Middle age :/ I took a short break from MFP, but now I've returned to get back on track. I would love some active friends. I'm on daily and very encouraging.
  • OneHndClapin
    OneHndClapin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 54. About 130 pounds left to lose, bad knees, bad shoulders, and have finally decided I won't let that stop me.
  • HotMermaid729
    HotMermaid729 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I would love to this thread stay on top. Let's keep it MOVING! B)
  • njlakelover
    njlakelover Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Speziface wrote: »
    52 back in August. And right now I weigh less than I did when I graduated high school!

That's awesome! I'm 54 so it's encouraging to hear this. I just began this journey to reclaim my body and its great to hear others have done it
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    The 40s are my healthiest decade yet ... I'm a runner back on MFP for motivation mostly to keep track of my protein intake and help with food (and beer lol) -related discipline generally. Trying not to undo what I do every day as my metabolism starts to slow down. Feel free to add me!
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread ~ Please feel free to add me. While I am at the upper end of this group (55 the end of this month) I'm ready to get the upper hand on Father time. I've gained 25 lbs in the last year, and I'm NOT happy about it.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    I would love to this thread stay on top. Let's keep it MOVING! B)

New here and excited about a group for the "mature" group lol.
  • RandJ6280
    Options
    nowwhat215 wrote: »
    Feel 90
    cuteruthie wrote: »
    I sometimes forget I'm 47! :(

I here ya.... Sometimes I feel 90, and other times I feel 30... then my body reminds me that I'm 55.