Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• cayladebra
    cayladebra Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Other than life stresses, I am feeling good today. My daughter started her second year of preschool yesterday so it is early mornings. I have been mixing my meals up and creatong different recipes with lots of veggies. I honestly love eating this way, and always have. I fond it inconvenient however as I need more time to plan my meals out and cook. I think that has been my problem for years, laziness. I am down another .5lbs this week. The only tjing holding me back is not exercising. I need to start a home plan.

Hope everyone is safe during these extreme weather conditions in Florida and Texas. I live in the midwest USA, but my husband drove down to florida to help his family prepare.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! School has started and it feels like all I can do to keep up with the munchkins. I got caught up with grading this past week but now my lesson plans aren't done for next week. I feel like I'm always playing catchup.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Welcome back @jdelaroy @janetay01 and @clicketykeys I'm so glad you guys are all back! I've missed you.

I'm sorry about Alister's sleep issues Jane! Jen, that sucks that you've had some health issues! I'm glad you were finally able to get back to the gym! Those pounds will come off again! Clickety, I hope you catch up with school soon! And keep your hand out of the munchies jar! Lol.

It's been a good few days so far! I've started to step down off my psychiatric medications so that the DH and I can start trying to have children soon(plus it's been YEARS since I've been off them and I want to see if anything has changed). Have been having great days at work. October 1st will be six months on the job! WTH? Where has the time gone!? Lol. But I haven't had a single issue with my drawer in months and I'm starting to put referrals in for products I have recommended to customers and things so hopefully, I'll start to hit my sales threshold soon too and that's pretty much free money!

But I have noticed a withdrawal symptom from the meds. I am incredibly drowsy. Lol. I'll push through. A few of the women on one of the other boards I follow suggested meditating a few months ago and I have started using an app/website called Calm. It has all sorts of guided meditations and things and that has really really been helping me to deal with the withdrawal symptoms and things. I'm really really enjoying it! Give it a try if you feel so inclined!

Anyway, have a great day everyone!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone!

Still very much ill, so not going on a trip today and haven't worked out in a week. :( The walking and hiking still made the kcal deficit, but I feel a deep urge to do some squats and lift weights, just to get blood pumping. :( Feeling a bit out of my daily routine and balance since I moved. I know I have lost weight cause I have lost some centimeters, but not having a scale annoys me too. But then again, I'm moving so soon, that can't justify buying one and getting rid of it in 3 months time.
    Tomorrow is my birthday and I start grad school, that will fill most days from 8-6:30. I prefer working out in the evenings, so that will probably be gym time.

@HGSmith0920 I love meditation, really helps me when I do it. Too lazy to do it every day, but when I feel overwhelmed, totally calms me down, the clearness of the mind and the realization that I have the power over my thoughts is very uplifting. Should probably meditate now..
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

Sorry I'm still MIA. This house buying stuff is horribly stressful. I haven't binge ate, but it's been close. I'm also not sleeping and running a low grade stress fever so that's fun.

We put in an offer and they accepted so now we're just waiting on their signatures. Wish me luck!

@gympricess1234 sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon. Happy almost birthday!

@HGSmith0920 Reducing meds is rough, keep us posted on how you're doing with that transition

@clicketykeys I can't even imagine how much work is on your plate, I hope the term is going well!

@cayladebra I use Sunday as a prep day and set everything up for the whole week. Maybe finding a day that works as prep time will help?

@jdelaroy Glad to have you back! Sorry skating was cancelled and replaced with not ideal food choices. I hope your weekend went well! The housing market here is booming so it makes sense to lock something in. I really like the house and location so it'll definitely be a long term place if we get it.

Welcome @cushman5279 !

@janetay01 It's definitely a long term home, it's close to my work so I can walk it. We put an offer in so we'll see how it goes! The second time we went back to it the noise was much more manageable (and it was during rush hour!). Congrats on 10 years together. You deserve a long weekend away!

• PhedraJD
    PhedraJD Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    @cayladebra a half a pound is great. I used to have a hard time planning ahead for meals as well. Over the past year I have gotten better about it.

@clicketykeys What grade do you teach? Last year my son was in second grade, and they did no homework unless they didn't complete the work in class. It was so nice. They still asked that the kids read for 20 minutes a day.

@HGSmith0920 Thanks for the welcome back. It is good to be back. 6 months is fantastic! I remember how nervous you were when you started. Great job.

@gymprincess1234 I am sorry you are still ill! Feel better soon. If you feel up to it there is nothing wrong with some squats and light lifting. Just listen to your body.

@rachel0778 Ooh so exciting! Congrats on the acceptance. It will be a little rough, but you can do it. Good job on not binge eating. I have been stress eating the last few days. My big sis lives on the west coast of FL. She made it through the hurricane, but hasn't seen the damage done to her house yet. (Still under evacuation orders.)

I didn't do so well this weekend. Pretty much ate whatever I wanted, and didn't get a lot of exercise in. Got some much needed sleep though. Ooh I did roller skate on Sunday for about an hour! I also made it to the gym this morning. Woo hoo.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Hey! So today got put on antibiotics for 8 days, cause woke up with 2 pink, swollen and glued together eyes, 1 half deaf ear and loudest cough ever. Spent my birthday in bed mostly, but didn't even feel sad about it. Last week I went out 4 nights and went to 3 trips, had the time of my life but completely ignored the signs of my body and this is the price I pay. So everyone, be kind to your bodies, I felt really bad today for my poor eyes literally looking like I'm a vampire.

With being ill, haven't been very hungry, and haven't worked out still. Also wifi is not working, so I haven't tracked anything for 4 days already! This will need fixing soon or I will have to d it old school way online and on paper. :/ Miss my app
    Hope everyone is healthier and feeling better than me!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone!

I have been really falling off the wagon lately. I had the worst cheat day I've had in a long time yesterday... 2 cupcakes for breakfast, brunch later, where I majorly overindulged, and a piece of cake later for my niece's birthday party. I was somehow down a bit this morning when I weighed, but I'm sure that won't last for long.

My drive has been dismal lately. I have been to the gym twice a week for the last two weeks, and maybe 3 times the week before that. And I can barely get myself there. Once I get there, I am happy that I went. I've just been so buys and SO tired! The wedding is in 11 days, and I think that may have something to do with it. I will get home from work, lay down for a short power nap (which used to help a lot before) and not have the energy to get up after that. I'm not really looking to lose before the wedding (my dress fits perfectly now), but I don't want to gain either! I just need to limit myself to a cheat meal once per week, since that is what has been working for me up until this point, and maybe try to get to sleep earlier at night. I can't wait for the honeymoon/vacation!!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @rachelbachel32 - having been through the whole wedding planning game, my advice would be to cut yourself some slack, chill out until you get there and enjoy it! There is plenty of time after the honeymoon - your dress fits so as long as you don't go mad, you will be fine, you'll look amazing and you will have a blast of a time. So don't be too hard on yourself girl!!

@gymprincess1234 - take it easy and get well.

Jen - I've been eating pretty much as I want for a while now. Really, really, really have to get myself back on track. Well done on skating and gym :). You are very right about the sleep challenges - I am going to have to get strict with him and just walk him back to his room every time it happens. Problem is, it's gone on a while now and he's got into habits and we've got tired! So we both need to find the will to do this and deal with the mega tantrums that will follow :)

@Rachel0778 - hooray for house offers being accepted. Hope it all goes well!

@HGSmith0920 - good for you dropping the meds down. And good luck with trying for a child. Don't put too much stress on it happening and hopefully you will be giving us exciting news soon!

@clicketykeys - hope things are calming down for you a bit.

@cayladebra - second year of pre-school, how scary. My little boy will be 3 in December and will move up to pre-school shortly after that - next step is big school, it's going too fast!!

So, sleep deprivation still rules in my world and as above, going to have to get a bit stricter with him. He climbed into bed with us at 4am today and I just didn't have the will for the debate. But he takes up so much room for such a small person!! Other than that, ok - just working and looking into gym memberships in my area - need something to kick me back into the groove. Hope today treats you all well and that people in the Florida areas are keeping safe.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,375 Member
    Options
    good morning, how exciting for you rachelbachel, do keep in touch best you can & share. Gymprincess, I'm so sorry you're sick, hope you're on your way to getting well.Rachel0778, it is stressful when buying a house, hope it goes smooth. HGSmith so glad you're doing so well. I have to tell you, I miss your other "ID photo" don't know what you call it. every time I looked at it, it reminded me who I really am & who you are.When I first saw it, i thought it was an actual pic of you! lolcayladebra, that's so good of your husband to go help, pray he & his family are safe, keep us informed. Our oldest son moved to Texas last summer. Nothing was damaged where they live, he also went to go help others in Texas. I pray all these disasters will be done with very soon, the fires too. Then there is all the clean up & reconstruction & it will be effecting some for years to come. I'm doing ok but I'm thinking of going back to work part time but don't want to but want a little more income so haven't decided yet. going thru a season of really wanting a snack around 9pm so been having skinny pop pop corn or similar pop corn but it's been an add on after I already ate all my calories for the day so going to try to save some for that. still going to HIIT classes. My trainer gave me a work out for my upper body to do on my own. Said I should do it 3 days/week. It's free weights & I really like working with weights but it's hard to get up & go. It's been hard to get up & go anywhere! I think it's because I'm really tired of this heat, it zaps my energy. Starting tomorrow it's going to be in the 80's!! I'm so excited about that
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Thank you ladies!

Got my eyes back today, still got the cold and ear infection, but I'm spending the whole week in bed, so should be fine soon.
    Fixed internet, so now can track food again! Yey!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @gymprincess1234 I'm glad you're feeling better today and that your internet is back up and running!

@Evamutt Sadly many scientists are predicting many more disasters to come with our rapid climate changing since warmer waters tend to breed hurricanes :( I love popcorn as a late night snack, I'm a volume eater too so it helps immensely!

@janetay01 I hope you find a gym that is a good fit! Sleep deprivation is awful, I don't know how you parents do it!

@rachelbachel32 It's hard to get motivated with all the wedding stress! I'm so glad your dress fits and looks great. I have a feeling you'll have a much easier time getting back into it after all the hullaballoo is over!

@jdelaroy Sleep and roller skating both sound like wins to me!

Currently trying to line up home inspector schedules, double check mortgage rates to make sure we're still getting the best deal, and somehow keep my sanity amidst it all! Whoever said buying a home is a fun process is full of *kitten*. It's stressful, overwhelming, and involves and obnoxious amount of paperwork.
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @evamutt You already do so much work with your volunteer work, no wonder you are tired. I wonder if you could find a part time job at a pet store like Petsmart or something like that.

@gymprincess1234 Woo hoo for eyesight, internet and a weeks worth of rest! Feel better and hang in there.

@Rachel0778 House buying sucks! There is no getting around it. Once you are done though, you usually find it was worth it. Hang strong, you can do this.

I am still having a hard time getting motivated. Everyday I say I am going to do this, and I don't. I am going to try to do the restricted eating times. See if that will help. ::Shrug::: worth a shot anyways.
  • gymprincess1234
    Options
    Thank you all, kind people of the internet!
    Had to get groceries, which was a struggle in +25 celsius climbing up a hill to the closest store, but I did it. Damn, I feel weak, but what can you do. Feel getting better though.
    Wore my workout clothes and had a good look in my apartment building's mirror wall (hadn't left my place in almost a week), and I have shrunk, but both in good way leaner and in the bad way I'm slowly loosing the bum. Really looking forward to some squats next week to compensate for this weeks lack of movement.

Not having a scale is odd too, lack to the beginnings of my fat loss, when I didn't weigh myself for 3 months, but only used a measuring tape. Mixed feeling about all the lifestyle changes at the minute!
  • Evamutt
    Options
    I decided not to go back to work. I really,really didn't want to, So I asked all my 4 adult kids if they can help if we really need it & they said yes. Actually, our oldest son, in Texas helps when ever I ask, I just hate to ask. Anyway, I feel relieved. Today was a good day at dog park. Wasn't too hot!There was a new dog there. A 6mo old boxer puppy, so cute. Just had lunch & going to make dinner before I go help my friend bathe her dogs & clean out her litter boxes, then HIIT class again tonight. that's my day today. Tomorrow is when I pick up one of my grand dtrs from pre school at 11 till 4 (every thursday) I usually take her over her cousin, Liams at 2 when he gets home from kindergarten so it's been going pretty well.Have a good day everyone
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Really REALLY pissed at my manager today. Woke up at 3 am this morning with tonsils the size of golf balls, a fuzzy brain, and terrible post-nasal drip! It really is my own fault though. When I made those 25 phone calls the other day I sat at her desk the day she got sick and didn't spray it with Lysol or anything and used her phone for about a half an hour. I haven't been sick once in the year and a half since I quit smoking, so I guess I was due. But why now???? I have a three day weekend coming up AND my 9-day vacation starts on Wednesday! What a time to get bronchitis(I think). My Godmommy is insisting I go to the doctors and I will on Friday after I get paid but she's been pushing me all day to go to a clinic and that she'll send me her debit card info so she can pay for it for me(she lives about 3 states away). I dont have a fever though so I'm not toooo worried. I have a 7-hour training session about an hour away from home tomorrow as well. I am NOT looking forward to that. It ends around 4, then I get to sit in the rush hour traffic heading down to the shore(home). It's hit or miss how the traffic will be. For a lot of people, Thursday is the new Friday and it's supposed to be a GORGEOUS weekend here with lots and lots of festivals and things. So the roads are going to be packed! But once I'm home on Thursday, I dont have to go anywhere until Monday afternoon. Lol. That I am excited for!

I'm not even going to bother to look for my goals for today because I know I didn't hit a single one, except spend time with the DH and while I was doing that I was miserable and acting like a shrew to him. He kept asking me what he could do to make me feel better and I kept wanting to say, let me die in peace, but that would have hurt his feelings, so I refrained. Lol.

So, for my praying friends, send up a prayer for me that I get over this soon, please!
  • Evamutt
    Options
    How frustrating HGSmith, I will certainly pray for you, what a sweet DH you have. Try not to project how it will be tomorrow, it ruins your today, only God knows how things will turn out & some things you can't do anything about. Listen to some good music or something you enjoy in traffic. I do know how awful it is feeling overwhelmed & being disappointed. Asking God for speedy recovery & being surprised by a great week end
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @jdelaroy best of luck with whatever plan you decide to take!

@Evamutt I'm glad your children are able to help so that you don't have to go back to work.

@gymprincess1234 It sounds like the measuring tape might be a great new transition for you to get less focused on the numbers!

@HGSmith0920 Being sick on vacation is the worst! I hope it passes quickly!

Home inspection is scheduled, mortgage rate is locked in, and I'm feeling loads better! I even slept last night! Going to Crossfit also helped immensely. I was crabby and didn't want to go but the exercise endorphins worked their magic and turned my attitude around.

My MIL is driving here today to stay through the weekend so we're looking forward to spending time with her. My SO even scrubbed all the floors when he got home last night. There is nothing sexier than a guy cleaning. I am looking forward to this weekend so much, I need some time away from work since I'm having such a hard time focusing with all this house stuff!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I hope you feel better quickly and can enjoy your time off!

@Rachel0778 I'm glad that the stress of home buying is being relieved and that decisions have been made! Exercise always helps my mood when I'm crabby too, but of course it's always so hard to get yourself to the gym when you're in a bad mood! And it's funny, I tell my FI that he looks so hot when he's cleaning. :lol:

I skipped the gym the last 3 days, but I plan to get myself there tomorrow and Saturday. That'll make 3 days this week, which I guess is a step up from the last 2 weeks. When we haven't been in meetings with wedding people (travel agent, event coordinator, etc.), I've been sleeping a lot. I'm not feeling stressed about the wedding, but I think I've been focused on planning all of that, plus work, volunteering, and going to the gym that I've really worn myself out. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself for not feeling up to doing it all! And I'm officially down 29 lbs, weighing in at 168.6 lbs. I am so proud of myself!

I am getting my hair done tonight, and I'm really excited. I almost never treat myself to professional hair coloring. I generally buy box dye and go to Great Clips to get my ends trimmed. I found an awesome deal on Groupon, so it's all paid for (except the tip), which is even better. I'm looking forward to relaxing while that gets done. :smile:
  • PhedraJD
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Feel better soon.

@Evamutt I am glad your kids will help you out if necessary. Must mean you did a great job raising them.

@rachel0778 Sounds like a great weekend. Glad you are settling down with the home buying. I totally agree, nothing sexier than a man working/cleaning.

@rachelbachel32 Have fun getting your hair done. Nothing wrong with relaxing and resting some.

I am not doing well this week at all. I seem to think I need to eat everything in sight.