Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara - yay on everything! So glad pup is feeling better and playing, that's great! Nap sounds wonderful...I work one Sunday a month, so up early then home for some rest till hafta come back this afternoon... let us know how burrito turns out... sounds interesting...

Have a great day everyone..
    BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    Options

Hi Everybody!~

Well I went overboard yesterday and got into some things that shouldn't be brought into the apartment.....Funny how my body and scale work together to fully report to me what I did to myself. Ugh.
    I will try to put out the fire with better food and a walk today.

I've been dressed and out to breakfast already, but I'm still not really awake.

Dawn - have a good work day today~~
    Sara - glad to hear Miss Tillie is feeling better still. Nice to hear of good number preview on scale.
    Annie - I have to go look up this chicken you speak of...

Waves to everyone else who swings by today~~

Lana

244.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Grated sweet potatoes with a little canola oil and chili powder in oven with my weekly sweet potatoes. All I have to do is chop onion, I am chosing to mash lightly the beans, and then assemble. Getting hot things done early. I have extra tortillas for freezer and will leave out these 4 (one today 3 during week) as I have not made any other dinner meal plans..... will keep you posted on how they turn out.

Off to watch Acorn TV signed up last night, mainly british drama/comedy/documentaries while things in oven.

Left two items at store = chocolate almond granola and a yogurt with 35 grams of sugar - I may as well eat a candy bar at that point.....

bbl
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm back with another serial starting story! Last time I was around here, I was at my future in-laws' house and...well, they act more like the grandparents I never knew, than what you'd expect from in-laws, and I have a hell of a time going anywhere from their house since my car stays on the opposite coast and the buses don't run by there...I ended up giving up and going through a binge cycle.

Not exactly the best start to wedding preparations. I got home and went right back to restricting dangerously; yesterday was the first time in over a week that I let myself actually get above the 1200 calorie minimum safe limit (and some days before I got back into recording I didn't bother to eat at all) - now I'm trying as hard as I can to keep up in that zone without letting it turn into another binge.

Will definitely be hanging around here more.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning, scale down .6 will take it and run.

Burritos were good will make again, will also consider making sweet potato hash / hash browns the same way.

Exploding= welcome and post when you can. When is the wedding?

Another rotten air day, but rain/thunder/lightning forecast late today/tomorrow may help.

Time for breakfast, wave to all who follow. Where did the weekend go??
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Behaving on the weekend remains an illusive dream . That 2 pound swing ( fake as it is) is back . Starting at it this morning & feeling as positive as ever on a sunny morning in RI. Considering my estranged husband flew into town on Tuesday & that he's bringing my in laws to my house for lunch today ..well let's just say it's amazing I haven't gained 5# in the last week !
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

Welcome to Exploding and any other newcomers I've missed.

Sara, well done on the -.6! I'd take that victory. :smile:

Velocity60 - weekends are tough! One of the things I love about MFP is it has helped me figure out things like that - where the trouble spots are. And kudos to you for not binging more over the impending visit from your estranged husband & in-laws! Wow - stress-a-palooza. That's a Non Scale Victory (NSV) indeed.

God luck with post-weekend re-entry all.

BBL

Tess
  • explodingmango
    explodingmango Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    @Tilliesmommy1 : The wedding is June 2018! We're still in early preparation, so I've got time to pull this off - I've just gotta...not get discouraged by how slow this whole thing goes or forget that "listening" to my body doesn't mean "doing everything I feel driven to want to do, ever".

Anyway, Monday morning update: Yesterday was a pretty good day. Went out to dinner with the future husband - ate a reasonable amount (though more than I've eaten at once in a while and my stomach feels kind of shocked) and still stayed in my target range. This morning, it's back off to school for me in about half an hour.

I premade and packed my lunch last night, because as much as I like some of the healthier fast food around here, I'd rather spend my money on other things - and when I'm recovering from dangerous restricting and my stomach starts getting demanding, drive-thrus are dangerous places to go... :# This is something I hope I can make into a habit.

It's a pretty nice morning. Nice weather. Feeling pretty motivated. A little bit nervous about school because today is The Long Day, but...the good news is, it keeps me busy and productive.

Just finished breakfast, now it's time for me to finish packing up!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

DS pulled us off our low-carb, high fat diet just a little last night when he made supper for the family. He made beef pastie's with gravy. Yum! I couldn't say "no" when he offered to cook. (Okay, well my husband "gently" encouraged him by saying "what are you making for supper tonight?") :) The rest of the day was fine and I even got in a 1.5 mile walk with the dog.

Back on track today. Eggs for breakfast, salads for lunch. Suppers vary, but mostly meat and veggies. Feeling strong, although "time of month" is late and could appear anytime (not worried about being PG, it's just perimenopause unpredicability). I'm surprised I'm being this strong. Although I wonder if DH got the chicken into the crock pot this morning? We are supposed to have some shredded chicken tacos for the kids and salads for DH and I. He was so crabby this morning, I couldn't deal with him. I'm going home for lunch today, so I'll throw it in the crockpot on high if it's not already cooking.

Sara - congrats on the good WI.

Velocity - this was the first weekend in a LONG time that I've been able to stay on plan. I definitely fought off temptations.

Haven't faced the scale in awhile. Just trying to concentrate on eating right.

Better get some work done.

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- good job on WI!
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    *waves Hi to everyone*

Hi everyone & welcome newcomers -

Good news from Florida branch of the family - no real damage. one house has water in garage but everything intact. lots of trees down and no power but some have their generators going. still waiting to hear from an aunt, but dad says she probably forgot to charge her phone or spent all night texting so not to worry. Some of the niblets had birthdays over the weekend. Did not get to have party or anything thanks to Irma. Hopefully, they will get to do something special soon.

Fingers crossed - Gracie, my cat, is being nice and not peeing on anything (so far anyway) She woke me up to play fetch over the weekend and played until she was completely out of breath. The past few nights she has curled up in bed with me. Usually, she curls up and sleeps at the foot of the bed. Now she is snuggling up beside me. Maybe that is why she is in better mood? I will take it! Am tired of washing everything over and over and over. We had her tested and there is no medical problem & we clean her box twice a day & she has cat tower in front of big bay window (big screen HD TV! LOL) and her own bedroom full of toys & another window, so I would guess it was her mood/attitude. Hope that she stays in good mood!!

Got moved into new office at work today. It was a bit more of an ordeal than I had anticipated. May have to change desk & computer set-up as it is not proving to be very comfortable. Not only do I have 2 windows in the corner office but I also have a television. That could be good or bad, depending on my determination level! LOL Feels good right now with windows open and plenty of fresh air. Ahhhhhhh....

Wedding in just around the corner. Slipped on my mother of the groom dress just to check and i have some room in it now! Yay! Will keep on doing what I am doing and it should fit fine! (Just have to remember not to overdo it at the rehearsal dinner!)

Sara - kudos on the WI! Definitely want to try those sweet potato burritos. I have had a meatless barbecue, like a pulled pork consistency, using sweet potatoes before. It was a pleasant surprise as to how good it tasted. I think the burritos would be really yummy!

Annie - Are you finding the low carb/high fat is keeping you from being hungry or having cravings?

Dawn - I tried the Xyzal too and like it so far. Much easier to just take 1 pill for 24 hours and no waking up with a head full of gunk!

*plopping down on lounge chair & having Cboys make me a fresh squeezed lemonade*
  • arniedog74
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Katherine - Xyzal is the only 24 hr that actually seems to last 24 hr...I am a lil stuffy in the morning... nothing like I used to be... surprised and pleased...

Awesome family in Fl is safe! Been watching on news... so sad for all those who have lost so much

So glad kitty is doing better... they are so funny... right now, I am incredibly annoyed with myself and my girl (Boston) she likes to "claim" things...I left my pillows on the floor, she thought it was for her to pee on... we have to strip our bed every day, or she gets mad and pees on the bed.. she has quite the personality...we can't shut the door, cuz she tears up the wall to get the door open, can't crate her as she will hurt herself... so, we just deal... except, on the days Mom forgets to pick up pillows...

Great news on dress! Not much longer till wedding... you can do it!

Enjoy your windows and TV...hehe... that would tough for me...

• ASalner
    Options
    Hickchic - Yes, I am finding that I feel satisfied and not craving sweets as much. Still have to be strong, but it's not as much of a struggle. It's nice not to feel hungry, though. And GREAT news on your dress!

My parents are still in Atlanta (5 hours from their home in Brunswick, GA, which is by St. Simon's Island). A friend who stayed in Brunswick drove by their house and let them know that all looks good! My mom is so relieved. The not knowing was the worst part. The town is still closed and Atlanta is currently getting the wind and rain from the tropical storm, so I'm sure my folks will still be in Atlanta for at least a couple of days.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    ASalner wrote: »
    Hickchic - Yes, I am finding that I feel satisfied and not craving sweets as much. Still have to be strong, but it's not as much of a struggle. It's nice not to feel hungry, though. And GREAT news on your dress!

My parents are still in Atlanta (5 hours from their home in Brunswick, GA, which is by St. Simon's Island). A friend who stayed in Brunswick drove by their house and let them know that all looks good! My mom is so relieved. The not knowing was the worst part. The town is still closed and Atlanta is currently getting the wind and rain from the tropical storm, so I'm sure my folks will still be in Atlanta for at least a couple of days.

So glad your parents are safe and their home is still there..
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Air good enough to open windows, a little cooler outside.

Company I work for rents its building and they are putting in spaces for people to "charge" their cars..... as these are $$$$ cars, I know senior mgmt will be using this perk. I asked myself when I learned this -- when will they fix the bathrooms for the non management people?? The inequalities are sometimes amazing, but then I know who my friends are (usually) and dont have the stress of being management.

Tomorrow is eye appointment and I am hoping for good/better news.

My sweet potato / black bean burrito is putting me a little in the red in calories, but then I wont be eat them every day.

Annie - glad your parents are doing well.

Wishing all a good day - wave to all who follow.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Racing through on my way to work - SO relieved to hear that families have nosed it through the hurricane safely.

BBL

Tess
  • ASalner
    Options
    Tuesday

Good morning! It's a beautiful, balmy, foggy, smoky morning. It created a beautiful red sunrise for us to enjoy on our way to school and work.

Checked the scale today. I have not checked since 9/2. It has not changed. It was exactly the same at 161.6. I am disappointed. The last 5 out of 6 days I've been doing really well. But will just keep on keepin' on and trust that the low-carb, high fat will work for me and either way, I'm cutting out sugar which is always a good thing.

Sara - good luck with your eye appt today.

Will lurk from work.

Annie

Today's weight: 161.6
    Highest ever: 177.8
    Goal: 145
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!!

Annie - give your body a bit to adjust to the new eating habits and I bet the weight will start to drop. Hang in there!

Sara - if your company rents the building, the upgrades are typically up to the landlord. So many property management companies are jumping on the charging station bandwagon without even doing the research. They install without upgrading the electric system which only leads to trouble plus different makes of cars can take different systems. I swear, I think it is more of a "publicity" move for the management companies than anything actually helpful. Hopefully, there have been serious requests submitted for the bathroom repairs you need and they will respond to them soon.
    How did the eye appointment go??

Got office move completed. I am starting to feel like I moved furniture yesterday. Am sure I will be even more stiff and sore tomorrow so it will be imperative that I do some major stretching tonight!

Am throwing a baby shower for a good friend. Has to be at her house because even GPS doesn't know where I live! LOL She already has Halloween decor up. Was going to try to incorporate it. What do you think about a Lil' Punkin theme? The nursery is done in butterflies, so I was going to look for (or make) orange & black and black & purple butterflies for some of the decor. I really suck at this kind of thing so if anyone has any ideas for the baby shower party games - feel free to share! I need all the help I can get! :)

*soaking up some sun in lounge chair & requesting foot massage from CBoys*
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Kathy - I was wondering this morning if the electric car stations was a way to up the rent $$ !! -- Nice you are giving party for your friend. Little pumpkin or Fall theme would work well and cover both Autumn/Halloween. They have a game where they put baby things out on a tray and the person who can identify them all gets a price. My MIL had a baby picture game where we all brought our baby pictures and we had to guess who was who, and the funniest baby name for child.

Eye appointment is tomorrow so I get to wait another long day.

Dog walk was short, but she is doing better.

Need to aim self towards work - war paint on today.

*cboys memo for dog pampering on bulletin board - all dogs welcome.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Hi all *waves* I am really far behind! Going to try to catch up. Hope you're all well.