WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Josephine, I would call the company that the stock is from and ask about it from them.

Oh Sharon, I am so so sorry. No one deserves to be treated like that. Whe a couple say those wedding vows, you say you are going to treat that person with love and cherish them. That is not cherishing you. I agree with all the others. You have the strength of all of us with you just like we have been with Allie. I am one who believes that a couple should work on a troubled marriage all they can but sometimes they do have to dissolve it. Hugs.

Michele, I didn't say how beautiful your cakes were. Such talent. Who is going to be eating all those marbled cakes toy experimented on?

Mary, Mary, that is just terrible. I wouldn't want to work with them either but I hope he gently and tactfully told them so that they could see themselves as what they are.

Right now there are just to many people that are sad and going through so much.

Slept really late today. Reminded me of those days long ago when I would sleep up,to 3 days straight after something that was stressful. But I had such a dream. I wish I could talk t some one find out what my dream meant. I was a man who I suppose was suffering from amnesia. I was walking around and found a daschund that must have been used for racing since he had a harness on. But this harness had all the gears that would be on a standard shift car. The area I was walking around seems like it would be an underground like city in Italy. This concrete like area had concrete ceiling,mconcrete floor and many concrete stairs, some of which mist went to a concrete dead end and others went forward to somewhere else. In my dream I was usually following people who were going up stairs that went somewhere. But even though I thought this was in Italy, I could exactly visualize a driveway down the street from here. Oh, I named myself Tom, and the dog Bob. So down in this underground city in Itsly, I finally found a desk that had two people that looked like they had authority, found out on was security and the other police. So I told them that I didn't know who I was and they were looking at the dogs harness to find out any clues as to where the dog might have been or belonged to. Them my cell phone rang and I was awake, that part was real. I didn't catch the phone quick enough to take the call. So I Calle ether. Umber I missed and they said they hadn't called me, that part was real also. I just wanted to go back to sleep and see if I could get to the end and find out who I was and where I got the dog. Oh, we have a race track here and before he horse racing season ends for the season, the have a daschund and ostrich race. So the dog with a harness isn't totally weird except these dogs just race toward their owners, no harness on them. So ladies, who am I??????

Watching America's got talent where they have two Britsh judges, a German judge and one from Canada. And the talent is from Korea and Britian. So I am totally confused! But I would love to see the Larry and Tom show!

Joyce, Indiana
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    :) We had some surprise rain this morning. The dogs wanted to stop walking sooner than I did, so I walked awhile without them. I was so wet when I got home that I put all my clothes and jacket in the wash so I'll have clean and dry clothes for tomorrow. It dried up later so the painters were able to do some work but not everything that they had planned.

1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    *16,000 steps
    *170 minutes walking with and without the dogs
    *123 minutes riding the exercise bike

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif
    sumo squat 5x5 @ 10 lbs
    biceps curl 5x5 @ 10 lbs
    triceps overhead extension 5x5 @ 10 lbs
    lateral raise 5x5 @ 10 lbs

<3 Barbie
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Barbie, the house looks great! You will feel like you are in a new house.

MicheleNC, cute gecko. I’d love a picture of all the critters out by your pool.

Sharon, that is great that your fridge got fixed for so little. I’m so sorry that Jerry blasted you with the list of everything. Hopefully when he wakes up tomorrow things will look different. ((((Hugs)))) If not, ask him if he needs help packing!

Kate, have a wonderful trip and tell us all about it.

CockneyLad, Welcome. This is a great place for support and information. Please sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific. This helps us respond. Sorry for the loss of your Mom. I think we all miss ours for years and years.

Heather, I love the post your DDIL did on her blog.

Marcelyn, how nice of you to help your friend. I feel for all those affected and what they are going through. I still can’t believe that there is no news from Texas when we want to know what’s going on there.

Janetr, I hope your day got better! At least you didn’t go to the appointment a week late. :#

Katla, I hope “The Big Squeeze” wasn’t too painful for The Girls. I have a bone density in a couple of months. It’s so nice to have one easy test with no prep, no squeezing, no sticking and ya don’t even have to study for it. o:)

Becca and Lisa, glad ya’ll both had good days.

Mary, so sorry about the way that company did your DH. Hopefully he will end up with something better. You shouldn’t feel guilty about the move because you know you would do it for your DH. Love is like that. (((Hugs)))

NYKaren, I can understand your concern about your DD and her travels. I agree you should be proud as well.

CarolGA, that is too funny about the Pom and the pea. Lol

Felecia, I used to love Cozumel and Cancun but Mexico had become somewhat questionable about safety so DH and I don’t go there anymore. I would definitely have to say no to Cuba even though it would be interesting to visit. I’m sure they had major damage as long as Irma stayed there last week.

Joyce, that was sure an interesting dream. One thing that I find interesting is how quickly we dream things but it seems like it lasts half the night. That one didn’t sound too restful.

You all have me laughing about the Larry and Tom show.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Not much going on here. The weather turned beautiful today! Lots of small branches and leaves down in the yard but haven’t noticed any damage. I’m still praying for all affected by storms and fires.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    In answer to a couple questions ...

I do still have my gallbladder and it acts up when I eat eggs ... which I haven't touched in months. But who knows, maybe it is flaring up for more than just eggs now.

I have had multiple kidney stones, one of which got lodged and had to be surgically removed. Let me tell you, that was a whole new level of pain I had no idea existed. The poor girl who was trying to run an IV on me when I fronted up in Emergency! She was a student nurse, so she was taking things slow and easy, only I was writhing in pain at the same time. By the time she was done, there was blood everywhere!

Anyway, this didn't feel like that ... but after the main pain subsided, the lingering soreness sort of felt like when I've got smaller stones.

I do have heart issues and have had since I was 4. I had rheumatic fever which damaged two valves. I go for heart tests periodically, but my most recent was a set of test that included an angiogram in early 2014. It confirmed the two damaged valves but declared everything else good. I've also got a genetic mutation (MTHFR) in combination with a high homocysteine level which predisposes me toward heart disease.

However, this was mostly on the right side, so not a typical location for heart issues.

So I will get things checked. :)

Machka in Oz
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by for my evening check-in…

Felicia – You and me both, sister! By the time the surgery was scheduled I couldn’t wait to part ways with my gall bladder.

Machka – Glad you’ll be talking to your doctor soon. I know heart issues tend to present very differently in women, so it’s worth getting checked out. That jaw pain in particular made me think of a cardiac event.

Becca – Your anniversary meal sounds so good! We don’t have it often but I love a good steak now and then. It’s about time for my next blood donation so maybe I’ll put that on the meal rotation next week to make sure my iron is high enough to donate.

Philip has Tuesdays off so I scheduled grilling for tonight’s meal. I marinated chicken breasts in margarita mix for him to grill, and all I had to do was make the brown rice and heat up some black beans.

Goodnight, sleep tight!

-Yvonne in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Felicia, my husband has been talking for years about wanting to go to Cuba. A long time ago it was because he wanted to smoke Cuban cigars, later it was because of the scenery or atmosphere or something. Fortunately, we don't have the money for a big vacation so we don't have to have any debates about where to go. I hope you get to go somewhere that feels safe, pleasant, warm, and comfortable for you.

<3 Barbie
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,347 Member
    Options
    Did 45 minutes of HIIT and then about 15 minutes on the rowing machine. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD on the bosu.

Do you know that at times I still cry over the way I was insulted at the bridal shower? I usually can get my mind on something else, but when I have a quiet moment and think about it, I start to tear up. That REALLY hurt me. I bet any amount of money that Denise didn't say anything to anyone.

We have a Newcomer general meeting tomorrow. Oh, I forgot to tell you, the husband of the president who was also the webmaster, suddenly had a massive heart attack. See, they went to SC to pick up her sister. She and her sister were out shopping, Brian stayed home to do work in the yard. Well, he didn't feel well so he called 911. They came and couldn't find anything but they wanted to take him to the ER. As he was getting changed, he collapsed. The paramedics tried to revive him but couldn't. In the meantime, one of Carol's (his wife) neighbors texted her to say that there were all kinds of ambulances and police cars at her house, so they rushed home. When she got home, I guess it was the police came out of the house with a very somber face. That's when they told her her husband was dead. He was only 60, he had no history of heart disease, wasn't a smoker, wasn't overweight. I still can't get over it. I know they want to stay later after the meeting to discuss what will happen with the website. Vince has said that this was something he never did. He kind-of knows (kind-of) the background and what needs to be done, but he's never done anything like this.

Sharon - I'm so very sorry Larry talked to you like that. You certainly don't deserve it.

The weather here is rainy and cold. "Dear Mother Nature: I DO NOT like this, not one little bit". I doubt she's going to listen to me. She's very headstrong and does what she wants to do.

Kate - have fun in Greece. I've always wanted to go there.

Yes, Larry reminds me so much of Tom and the things he used to do to Allie. Sharon, you are strong, just like Allie. You may not think it, Allie didn't at first, but you are, just like Allie found out that she was strong

Lisa - LOL, Larry should change his name to Gerry, that would be so funny. Chasing each other....you are something else...thanks for the smile.

Went to the Y this morning to do some HIIT. This one girl was telling me that if I bring a guest to any of the classes, I could be entered in a drawing. The winner probably only gets some sort of cheap hoodie. Besides, there is no way in h*** I'd bring someone there.

Cockney - welcome! You CAN do this, and with the fantastic women on this site, you WILL do it. Just keep posting

Terry - Maria already posted "thank you Amanda for such a lovely shower". Vince talked to Denise and convinced her to make a post about how much the other girls did, and she'd like to especially thank Jess for all her hard work" I'm wondering if after a week I should PM Maria and just say "will someone please tell me what I did to Amanda to warrant being insulted the way I was. I'm still crying over it". Denise said that she spoke to Maria and Amanda, but I'm willing to bet that she didn't because in her words "I don't want any more drama". So who cares if mom gets hurt, as long as Maria is happy.

Marcelyn - you are a good friend.

Heather - happy early birthday. Have a great dinner, sounds wonderful. I love fish, too

Katla - good luck with the mammo. I just scheduled mine for Friday.

Becca - happy belated anniversary

Mary - I'm so sorry for your husband. How horrible! He'll find something even better than what he applied for

Pool is up to 69 degrees.

Joyce - you have no idea how many of the "experimental" marbled cakes are in my freezer for Vince to have....lol

DJ - the biggest problem with a picture of all the critters out by the pool is that there are so many square feet that it would take me many pictures of them. When Vince put them away because of the threat (which turned out to be a bust) of Irma, he had to add more shelves in the garage....lol but thanks for your kind complement about the gecko. Guess to see all the critters, you'll just have to come here <hint, hint>

Carol - your Pom is a typical 2 year old...lol Our cats won't eat out of the food dish if they can see even a tiny portion of the bottom of the bowl. So Vince many times just shakes the food that's on the sides into the center, and then they eat it....lol

Michele in NC
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Michele in NC, my father had a girlfriend with a cat that would never eat an opened can of cat food. The thing is, she only ate 1/2 a can. So my father would take out the opened cat, reach over and turn on the electric can opener, then plop the 1/2 cans worth of cat food in her bowl. Crazy cat!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Checking in!
    I missed a day or two and boom 435 new messages!

<3
    Dana in Arkansas
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michele, I have been thinking hard over how to word this to you. You know we all love you. Marrying off one of our children is never easy, emotionally or financially. But when I read that your friends husband suddenly died, a healthy man died, life has no gaurantees. One thing to help your daughter in this rough marriage that is coming up for her is to developers a friendship with her future MIL. ALL of you are going to be part of a family. Yes, you have felt hurt and anger towards this woman but in order to be an example for. Your daughter, you. Need to show an acceptance for her. If you ask her what you did t deserve the treatment, it would sound aggressive and wouldn't help the situation at all. Be the adult and strong person and throw out the olive branch to her. Offer your friendship. She is marrying off one of her precious children also. Maybe this was the way she was taught from her Mom and she knows no other way. Who knows. But some day you two families are ting to join as one, not just the bride and groom. I wouldn't want me daughter coming to me all the time telling me how awful her MIL was. I instead would be showing her how to get alone it's her MIL. Like your friends husband, tomorrow may never come, today is here and yesterday is gone unless we choose to keep it festering in our hearts and minds,

Mascha, I forgot to make a post to you earlier. Angina can be ANY pain above the waist. But when you said left jaw that sent up a huge red flag. Did I get it correct that you went to the ER?

It is really hard for me to post right now becaus each moment I have of my fingers Mozart is tring to play with it. Plus he knows that his paws can move the screen around. Better stop while I am ahead.

Night, night Joyce, Indiana
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    I had the mammogram today and the procedure went well. My doctor will read the results and let me know. What I saw looked good to me and I'm not worried at all. The next step is to get my bone density scan. That one is coming up. It has been ordered for me because of broken bones since the last one. They no longer do them routinely as I understand it.

It is almost midnight and I just got home from a city meeting. I'll be headed to bed in a little bit.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    lhscapil wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    ryenday wrote: »
    Machka : be well! Put the symptoms and your self-diagnosis and anything else that may be pertinent into a log somewhere so that if indeed in 3 more years it happens again you might be able to pinpoint it. It does sound like dehydration or eloctrolyte imbalance could be the culprit from what you say, but logging all possibilities NOW could aid a diagnosis is it is something other than that.

I'm actually planning to go to the Dr soon. I have to go anyway to arrange my "every 6 months cancer check ultrasound" in preparation for my "every 6 months visit with my gynaecologic oncologist" ... I figure I'll mention this while I'm visiting my Dr. Maybe see about some bloodwork. Probably time for a complete physical.

Machka,

Please schedule the doc visit sooner than later! If you still have your gall bladder, it might be flaring up. My kidney stone hurt in the middle of my back (and my bladder - thought I was getting a bladder infection.) Yes, keep track of the symptoms and write them down while you still remember them.

B) We and your DH need you with us for a long, long time!! <3<3

Lanette
    SW WA State

Thank you Lanette. :)

And I have just now made an appointment with my usual practice ... but a Dr I'm not familiar with. Around here, Drs seem to move from one practice to the next a great deal!

Nevertheless, I did some research on this one, and what little information I found would indicate that one her areas of specialty might be the cardiovascular system. If so, that's good. :)

If I like her, I might try to keep her for a little while.

I go to see her Friday morning.

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I finally caught up with you all

Pip - Kirby is a special guy. It was very sweet of him to do that donation.

Joyce - I always picture myself rocking on the front porch but this house has a back deck instead. Enjoy the neighbours.

Peach - the addition of wine would just make it that much better.

Allie- I am glad you took yourself to dinner. It's important to show yourself some love.

Machka - The way you weigh yourself is interesting. My brother scales himself a few times a day to be sure he has his hydration right and that his dialysis is on point.
    The cruise on the Lady Nelson sounds like such fun.
    Take care of yourself. The sooner you see a Doc the better.

Yvonne - I only make "Lazy" pickled eggs. Boil, peel and plop in any left over brine you have. I make them when we empty out a jar of pickles. Wait a week and eat.
    I'm sorry I missed weirdo day. I am very proud to be a weirdo.
    I really don't know if I want Larry to stay.

drkatiebug - I'm grateful to you for participating in the Rise Against Hunger event and to Pip for riding for MS.

Katla - No relief from Smoke . So far they have save the Waterton town site and the Prince Of Wales Hotel (an iconic site). Here's praying that they can keep control of the perimeter. 2 grass fires on the reserve and another threatening to come through another pass.

Felicia - You feel body shamed because you were. Having been at both ends of the spectrum I know it happens whether you are "too thin" or "too thick"

Michele in NC - You may have to the Serenity prayer with Allie and me.
    I will talk about the shower drama on another day. It is a long convoluted story and I have already written a novel here.

Lisa - You made me laugh. It was so needed. Thank you!

Mary - I'm sorry but I feel your DH will find exactly what he needs. It might just take a little longer. Praying for the right outcome.

Thank all you dear ladies for your concern. I do have my own private bank account, credit cards, etc. Also my Deferred Profit sharing at work and benefits. Also our names are joint on the title to this house and all of the working vehicles. We also have 2 joint bank accounts that I check weekly.
    This has happened before and counselling did help. I feel that he has some mental health issues as they run in his family. I used to excuse a lot of behaviour because of his drinking. He doesn't really drink any more but some of the behaviours remain.
    It's like an explosion and he feels better meanwhile I lay bleeding. (figuratively only)
    Tonight he was sucking up completely. I told him I really didn't want to talk that I was watching AGT. Not sure when I will be ready to talk.
    I see that I have been stress eating for a while so I am wondering if I was seeing the signs earlier. Right this minute if he were to leave I would probably help him take the suitcase to the truck. He tells me he never had any intention of leaving. Why say it?

Thank you Ladies.

Sorry for the extra long post. I am so grateful for you being here for me.

-Sharon in Lethbridge wondering where the next fire will be.

p.s. - Praying for all those dealing with floods, fires and hurricanes.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Sharon, sometimes men say horrible things that they don't really mean. I don't know why they do this. Maybe they like the drama of breaking up/ making up, LOL. Sometimes you jut have to know when to ignore them. Sometimes it is just their resident demon piping up, I think.

Dream interpretation: Wandering around in a strange city, not sure who you really are, accompanied by a racing dachshund. This is very obvious. This is just a deviant episode of the Tom/Larry sitcom. You are Tom, as you discerned and the dog is Larry. You are about to descend into the vampire concrete underground of the vatican and be turned into the walking dead. BEWARE.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Good morning from one of the resident insomniacs. Woke up at 2 a.m., tried to go back to bed, an hour and a half later gave up, now I'm talking to y'all.

Sharon - so glad you understood it struck me as funny, the whole Tom & Larry thing. Not everyone gets my humor. Men are a conundrum, and I think for men today it's much harder. We expect them to be old-fashioned "manly men" like the Greatest Generation before them, but they are as human as we are. To your calling it an explosion, when you put heat under a kettle of water and don't allow it to release the steam, you end up with a bomb. It's going to explode, it's just a matter of when. Please understand I don't mean you, I mean society and culture. Wives and girlfriends seem to become their safety valves. While understandable, it's not a license to be vicious.

Men are weird, but then, so are women.

Kim - so glad to see you show your face. We love your face! Stop in when you can.

Rori - thinking about you.

Lisa in West Texas, where it's still dark and will be for quite some time.
    *sigh*
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka - The way you weigh yourself is interesting. My brother scales himself a few times a day to be sure he has his hydration right and that his dialysis is on point.

Most of the time, I weigh myself second thing in the morning.

It's only occasionally, I will weigh myself before and after a long ride, just to check my hydration ... much in the same way your brother does. :)

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Joyce, you are one insightful lady!

Thinking of all of you wonderful wise women today, <3 NYKAREN
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Morning all. Busy day today. From what I could find on Internet, I am doing well not to respond to the lot offer. Already feels warmer outside so I guess all storm possibilities have passed over.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,217 Member
    Options
    Still coughing my lungs up! The Hove family are just beginning to feel better-ish after weeks. The message from them is, it is a long haul, but you just have to wait it out.. My son fell asleep at 2pm on the train back from London, he was so exhausted. When I am doing my floor exercises it is horrific!
    I am going to the doctor tomorrow for the routine flu jab. I rang them yesterday to ask whether it was a good idea with this cough. They said it's fine as long as I don't have a temperature. While I am there I will mention the cough. ;):* They won't be delighted about that.

The good news is that I have lost a pound!!!!! :drinker: I have been keeping under my calories, but doing very little other than my exercise session, so largely inactive through the day. I was worried and feeling very sluggish, but I now only have half a pound to lose to get back to "proper" maintenance. A silver lining. :D

Sharon - Of course he is "sucking up" after he has used you to vent all his frustrations. That's what abusers do. ON/OFF. Keeping you guessing. Grrrrrrrrrr! Visit that therapist on your own if he won't go with you. Do some reading. Information is golden.

Love to all. Heather UK xxxxxxx